Help Me

I'll be going to THailand early April flying to Bangkok. I'll only be in Bangkok for 6 days before I leave on a road trip of Vietnam and Cambodia. At the end of this tour I will be in Hanoi (Vietnam) where I will have 32 days to get to Singapore. I will obviously be going through Thailand again but have no set dates that I will be entering or indeed leaving the country other than to catch my flight in Singapore. As a holder of a valid UK passport will I be able to get by on 2 free 30 day visas or do I need to apply for a visa??? Please help me the Thai embassy website is less than helpful and the phone numbers charging £1 per min are automated!!!!

You need a visa to enter Thailand by air as you do not have onward ticket with reservations within 30 days which is a requirement that airlines will often check. Without a visa in your passport you risk being blocked from boarding your aircraft. Your return overland or with flight tickets later should not be a problem.

The rule is that to use the 30 day stay without visa you mush have tickets to your next destination and that this be confirmed reservations within the 30 day stay period is how they view it. Not all airlines take the trouble to check but it is quite common for them to do so these days of rapid computer access to database information.