Subscribing To Forums

phazey

Hi mods,

Is there any way within the software a user can subscribe to sub-forums ? With the recent re-organisation of the board index, scrolling all over the place and having my screen filled with forums that to be quite frank are of no interest is a tad annoying. I frequent another board (http://www.rcgroups.com) that has this same feature.

With this feature enabled (if it's possible) a user can choose to view only the sub-forums that he/she is interested in.

Anyways, cheers

K

Phazey,

Was wondering the same thing myself after failing to find a method of setting it up short of receiving a gazillion emails. Sure would be a nice addition to the functionality and make TV just that little bit more user friendly. :D

Another thing, am I the only dunce :o who cant figure out how to use the expanded Smilies submenu without shrinking my page size so as to have access to it. Thought it would be a lot handier if the submenu of the Smilies would remain on top and not default to the rear when typing. Would be another added touch in my opinion but then again opinions are like a$$ h@les, everyone's got one.

:D

Hi mods,

Is there any way within the software a user can subscribe to sub-forums ? With the recent re-organisation of the board index, scrolling all over the place and having my screen filled with forums that to be quite frank are of no interest is a tad annoying. I frequent another board (http://www.rcgroups.com) that has this same feature.

With this feature enabled (if it's possible) a user can choose to view only the sub-forums that he/she is interested in.

Anyways, cheers

K

If you go to the front page (here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=idx ) and click on the little "-" sign at the right of each forum title, it will collapse.

If you click on the "+" it will expand.

If you see "Subscribe to this forum" at the top right of a forum page, then you will get the email notifications for all topics.

If you go to an individual topic, you can click on "Track this topic" to get emails for that specific topic.

Hi mods,

Anyways, cheers

K

If you go to the front page (here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=idx ) and click on the little "-" sign at the right of each forum title, it will collapse.

If you click on the "+" it will expand.

If you see "Subscribe to this forum" at the top right of a forum page, then you will get the email notifications for all topics.

If you go to an individual topic, you can click on "Track this topic" to get emails for that specific topic.

RDN,

Thanks for your promt reply.

Yes what you describe is possible and also something that I somehow managed to figure out (see my post above). But is having to go to another website to read my email just to find a link that takes me back to the page I wanted to be at in the first place the best way to do this? :o

What is being requested is to set up a "MY FORUMS" type of window (think of it as a user selective filter) in which the user could select his/her prefered forums and have only those forums listed. This would enable us to quickly open the forums we wished to monitor without having to page through the entire list of forums and the multiplicity of sub forums. Bear in mind that the number of sub forums is growing daily and that the exercise of trying to locate a particular forum will only get more labor intensive. Imagine when we have to page through 2,3 or 4 pages of sub forums to find our fav's.

It will be like looking for a particular member in the members list by scrolling through the 1642 pages of members, one page at a time. (and yes I know there is a member search feature)

Get the picture??????????????????

Phazey, correct me if I am mis-interpreting your post.

if you have subscribe to forums you can chose to see only those by going to "my controls"

under the heading subscribe click forums. now you only see the forums you subscribed to , make it your starting page by adding to favourites and hey presto , your own board index

....What is being requested is to set up a "MY FORUMS" type of window ...

if you have subscribe to forums you can chose to see only those by going to "my controls"

under the heading subscribe click forums. now you only see the forums you subscribed to , make it your starting page by adding to favourites and hey presto , your own board index

Blimey, DK, you ARE a clever DK :o:D

- sounds perfect! Just make a bookmark to "View forums" :D

OK, I bow to superior 'techie' intelligence. Thanks for the tip. Just had to subscribe using the "no email notification" and my mailbox doesn't get stuffed. Thx :o

Edited by dvk1951