A Serious Topic

MistaDorn

Mistadorn,

You classify these women as lacking education, job skills and desperate due to failed marriages. A more interesting question is why your society continues to produce this kind of women decade after decade. You can correctly argue that there exist some women who will choose this life but that is not what you describe. You specifically note causes within your society that produce these women.

By contrast my America society provides a free and legally mandated education for all of it's citizens paid by for all of its citizens. We recognize as a whole the value of an educated society to increase the standard of living for all citizens. We provide a fair environment where opportunity is extended to all to excel based on merit.

We provide money, food and housing to our poorest citizens. A single mother in my home need not turn to prostitution to feed her child. All citizens contribute taxes so that our poorest neighbors might have a chance in life.

We recognize in law the responsibility of both parents to support their children. In the event of a failed marriage both parents must continue to support their children. If a mother continues to raise the children the father must pay a monthly portion of his salary to provide for his children.

A bee will always seek out nectar. Likewise men will always seek women of easy virtue. The question is not why the men come. It is their nature. The question is why Thai society continues to produce the women that greet them year after year.

This is a great post and should perhaps start a whole new Topic... as to 'why' this prostitution continues... and what could/should be done about it?

I am not sure with what are you saying, Your English is just too professional for me which I could not understand much.I haven't study English. Until next time if my English proof I'll explain my English better than this. right now "RAVISHER" If u don't mind, would you please explain what he meant? I have heard enough about American politics that trying to helps other countries. But the helps is need to pay back to them. like helping Iraq bombing their country destroying building and kill God souls was an agreed by people of Iraq, but you steals those Oil from their country and having fun to use in America which Oil in Iraq is for sale to get income for their country. America got it for free. and what I posted before of this about relationship between America and Australia and some other country that used to be helps by America. All those thing "a helps from America" do you think it is a right way to do? Thailand have a very good friend with Japan. We used to helped them. and right now when Thailand have a problem Japan always give a hands to help without hoping anyting. for example "Tsunami", America did helps us. but the news said Indonesia refused helps from U.S.A, India refused a helps from U.S.A because I believe they have an experience learning from Iraq. they scared that you will get a good stuff of their country. those money moslty come into Thailand and other country was treating like Thai Gets too much money than other countries. This news make me pissed of. Japan country donates the money and they just quit away.... and a lot of more thing. just think why world don't really like American Politics.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Misterdorn,

When your English is a little better read a book called, 'Confessions of an Economic

Hitman,' by John Perkins. He worked for Main, an American engineering company in the 80s and 90s that did economic studies in basically 'Third World' countries to 'help'

them get out of poverty. They would do studies for electricity grids, tell the country how much revenue they could generate selling electricity to their populace

over an extended period. Colorful graphs and important looking data was presented and then a figure for the cost was drawn up. The little party favor that

they kept secret was that the proposed bid was 10-20 times the actual amount that was needed to build the grid. In other words this company hand in hand with the US government hovering in the background would try to get countries like Panama, Indonesia and Columbia to borrow as much money as possible. The amount of money generated from electricity was never enough to pay back the loan. This is when the World Bank and the IMF come in. They loan more money to pay off the other loan and in the process take full control of the county's land, trade, resources and debt restructuring to further cripple their ecomomy. Now you know why leaders like Fidel Castro and Chavez of Venezuela have the told the USA where they can stick it!

Dear Misterdorn,

When your English is a little better read a book called, 'Confessions of an Economic

Hitman,' by John Perkins. He worked for Main, an American engineering company in the 80s and 90s that did economic studies in basically 'Third World' countries to 'help'

them get out of poverty. They would do studies for electricity grids, tell the country how much revenue they could generate selling electricity to their populace

over an extended period. Colorful graphs and important looking data was presented and then a figure for the cost was drawn up. The little party favor that

they kept secret was that the proposed bid was 10-20 times the actual amount that was needed to build the grid. In other words this company hand in hand with the US government hovering in the background would try to get countries like Panama, Indonesia and Columbia to borrow as much money as possible. The amount of money generated from electricity was never enough to pay back the loan. This is when the World Bank and the IMF come in. They loan more money to pay off the other loan and in the process take full control of the county's land, trade, resources and debt restructuring to further cripple their ecomomy. Now you know why leaders like Fidel Castro and Chavez of Venezuela have the told the USA where they can stick it!

Hello mbkudu:

It is sound interesting. I read American books. mostly hehe cartoon, and Movie. The latest books I read are "The Beautiful Minds" and The Complete investigation te 9/11 Report "the national commission on terrorist attacks upon the U.S.A" by Thomas H. Kean, Chair...

Today at 4 I'm going to swim at rachaprarop mansion as everyday, on my way to there, I'll look for the books yousaid. , thanks man

Yours,

Dorn

Mistadorn,

You will not be held responsible by me for any of your rhetoric. It's obvious you are very inexperienced in the ways of the world and I will not place blame on someone that doesn't know any better. Read up some more about what is going on in the world, and not just Thai newspapers either, then come back and try to discuss your thoughts at another time. Your posts ramble from one subject to another and I find them quite difficult to follow. You start off talking about Americans coming to Thailand for sex and end your posts talking about America killing Iraqis. These two subjects are related how?

โอ Tripxcore, yo u can type and read thai? kool so I explain to you in thai. คุณสามารถอ่านภาษาไทยได้ งั้นผมขออธิบายเป็นภษาไทยแล้วกันที่จริงคือผมพูดถึงผู้หญิงไทยอยู่กับฝรั่ง แล้วความรู้สึกของคนไทยจะคิดว่าผู้หญิงไทยที่อยู่กับฝรั่งนั่นล้วนแต่เป็นผู้หญิงหากิน แต่แล้วพูดไปพูดมามันก็เลยไปกันใหญ่อะ ไม่ได้อย่ากให้มันลงเอยแบบนี้ ต้องขออภัยยิ่งด้วย

Dorn

Edited by MistaDorn

i'm a moderator at www.celinedionforum.com a. I know how to changed topic, but here I can't, I only a members. so if mod here could change for me for the topic. please do change "American to be Farang" better.

yours

Dorn

come on now Mista, you did mean the yanks when you posted this, so take the flack and stick to your guns. You posted on US politics and the reasons "you and the people known to you" do not like the bullying tactics used by Bush and his cronies. It is evident in nearly every post you made on this thread.

Celine Dion? well that is your own problem :D:D:o

I am still laughing hard at the "thais so much more honest that farang" quote from 4 or so pages back... Priceless..

Probably be enjoying that for days.. Thanks..

Depends on the Character of the person you meet, a dishonest person is just that, the country of their birth is niether here nor there.

My friend ( so I thought) borrowed 60,000 baht off of me and never paid back 1 Baht and did a runner, I later found out that he had ripped off many other so called friends in Bangkok.

He is English, does that make all people from England dishonest ?

to all those concerned , and those that couldnt give a sh*t too,

ravishers posts are interesting, those that react to the 'american bashing' or 'australia bashing' or 'xxxxxcountry bashing' , gimme a break..... arent u all old enought oseparate somebody's ideas on a post from from your personal egos... i dont get upset everytime someone writes about americans or israelis for that matter unless they are speaking to me personally.....

yes thai make money off of tourists but it doenst mean they have to like it; i dont always like the tourists that hassle my animals even if they did pay to pet a rabbit and they let me know it...

mistadorn is trying to discuss what he feels is an important topic in a language that he is not fluent it, in general i have always thought that cerebal posts are hard to write. i.e. posts that arent providing information or lite banter, trying to have an intellectual conversation thru posts is dificult for us english speakers, if i had to do this in hebrew it would take twice as long to explain what i mean...he speaks a couple of complicated languages, try u all to post in malaysian or indonesian for a change.....

so lighten up..... he's making conversation in cyberspace , all of us might be able to explain ourselves much better if we were meeting for coffee (or whatever)....

my irritated 2 cents worth after a few hours in sleet hail and rain. :o ....

ravishers posts are interesting, those that react to the 'american bashing' or 'australia bashing' or 'xxxxxcountry bashing' , gimme a break..... arent u all old enought oseparate somebody's ideas on a post from from your personal egos... i dont get upset everytime someone writes about americans or israelis for that matter unless they are speaking to me personally.....

yes thai make money off of tourists but it doenst mean they have to like it; i dont always like the tourists that hassle my animals even if they did pay to pet a rabbit and they let me know it...

mistadorn is trying to discuss what he feels is an important topic in a language that he is not fluent it, in general i have always thought that cerebal posts are hard to write. i.e.  posts that arent providing information or lite banter, trying to have an intellectual conversation thru posts is dificult for us english speakers, if i had to do this in hebrew it would take twice as long to explain what i mean...he speaks a couple of complicated languages, try u all to post in malaysian or indonesian for a change.....

so lighten up..... he's making conversation in cyberspace , all of us might be able to explain ourselves much better if we were meeting for coffee (or whatever)....

whoa, seems to me everyone is getting more serious here with the topic i post. the topic I am asked is "Farang man and Thai woman" It is my big fault to wrote "American and Thailand" sorry if I made American people becoming angry... anyway, I boleh ngomong bahasa Indonesia or I cakap bahsa malaysia too? :D

mistadorn is trying to discuss what he feels is an important topic in a language that he is not fluent it, in general i have always thought that cerebal posts are hard to write. i.e.  posts that arent providing information or lite banter, trying to have an intellectual conversation thru posts is dificult for us english speakers, if i had to do this in hebrew it would take twice as long to explain what i mean...he speaks a couple of complicated languages, try u all to post in malaysian or indonesian for a change.....

Bina,

My feelings exactly, well said.

I have not been here in TV all that long but am already seeing a separation of the rice from the hulls. Some people take casual and tongue-in-cheek bantering much too seriously. MistaDorn has a lot more balls than a lot of people I know just to take on a group like this, not to mention the fact that he is still on a very steep learning curve in an unfamiliar language as well as in life experience. If I have learned anything in my years in Asia, one has to give up cerebral at times when it comes to communicating with the locals. In my line of work, I can't afford miscommunications for the sake of my own personal ego. KISS works well for me.

Mistadorn Salamat malim boleh seronok, hope i said that right, Malay is not my first language but then again some days I wonder if inglish is? :D If you don't understand what I am saying, let me know, am happy to help anyone who makes an effort to learn.

BTW....I am American and realize that the actions of the US government will effect the way in which some perceive me. If that is the price I have to pay for calling myself an American, so be it. It accept the challenge of showing other countries what we as people are like, and it bears little resemblance to GWB and his antics.

Nuf said

Bina,

My feelings exactly, well said.

I have not been here in TV all that long but am already seeing a separation of the rice from the hulls.  Some people take casual and tongue-in-cheek bantering much too seriously.  MistaDorn has a lot more balls than a lot of people I know just to take on a group like this, not to mention the fact that he is still on a very steep learning curve  in an unfamiliar language as well as in life experience.  If I have learned anything in my years in Asia, one has to give up cerebral at times when it comes to communicating with the locals.  In my line of work, I can't afford miscommunications for the sake of my own personal ego.  KISS works well for me.

Mistadorn   Salamat malim  boleh seronok, hope i said that right, Malay is not my first language but then again some days I wonder if inglish is?  :D  If you don't understand what I am saying, let me know, am happy to help anyone who makes an effort to learn.

BTW....I am American and realize that the actions of the US government will effect the way in which some perceive me.  If that is the price I have to pay for calling myself an American, so be it.  It accept the challenge of showing other countries what we as people are like, and it bears little resemblance to GWB and his antics.

Nuf said

Dear DVK.

first of all, there is some one talking about Celine Dion here. I don't want to post too much. I listen to her music since years 2000 to know English language. And until now I found out that my English is so suck. Making everyone get confused. I have also posted about myself somewhere that I said I am not belong to any languages, I mean I don't know which is my monther tongue language. I'm not perfect in any language. right now my strongest languages is Thai, I am using it everyday at work and talking with my families in Thai. English language, I never studied, I learn English by myself with music, reading and chatting on the internet. and it is becoming like this not good. I am a little bit proud of myself that some words i post here are being understand by people who is owner of the language. maybe some laughing for my English? :D I don't mind it. I know my self. I never speak English to farang oftenly. I klua farang, Farang always like to look at me and always make me nurvous, why are they keep looking at me. or is there something on my face? I never ever dare to talk with farang in real. Because I am not so sure with the words that I'm going to say. That's why days ago I post at "Thai Language" section asked some people here on the forum to teach me personally in English. but non reply hehe. I feel shame to post that there. I need to learn English deeply. I can't live without it, I used it everyday, for example, here in this forum.

Selamat Malim boleh seronok, I don't understand this... I'm not sure if you are going to say Selamat Malam, kita boleh seronok ? well if yes, Selamat malam too. I tingal ka Bukit Indah K.L "Malaysia' tapi kalau di Indonesia saya Tinggalnya di Jakarta Barat. Ayah saya orang Indonesia campuran Itali, Ibu saya Perancis+India campuran Thai. Jadi saya sekarang orang Thai :o, but Parlez Francais juga boleh sikit sikit saja.

The last thing, I think I have found the great forum here. the English languages, Grammars and talking with real with farang here. I hope it is better than talking face to face, I always gets nurvous when talking with farang face to face. too bad, I have no confidence for this. I wish I could speak English better than this. sorry for all the mistakes I made here. and also sorry for topic deeply.

Yours,

Dorn Rojvithee

Edited by MistaDorn

ravishers posts are interesting, those that react to the 'american bashing' or 'australia bashing' or 'xxxxxcountry bashing' , gimme a break..... arent u all old enought oseparate somebody's ideas on a post from from your personal egos...

I see this thread as somewhat of a poorly disguised dig at America... and the OP seems to be pushing the American bashing further and further to the forefront... Now we are talking of America killing Gods people in Iraq... a whole different angle on the OP trying to understand something here... and asking 'originally what Americans (farangs) feel when they walk down the road with a Thai girl on their arm and are treated badly by the Thais? So what has this now got to do with the bad Americans killing Iraqis and destroying the world???

Ravishers, You were talking about me who posted those messages against American Politic. I also puad hua for this topic. I don't meant American, I mean all farang. I better leave this forum.

sorry for trouble some. GOOD BYE!!

Yours,

Wachirawin A. Rojvithee

Hey MistaDorn,

It seems like you don't know that your topic is sensitive. If you want to know about this, you can talk to me in Thai. I am a Thai man married to an american girl. Used to lived and worked in the States for nearly a decade. I came back to Thailand and am a changed man. I see things that were not noticed, hidden, or ignored. Lastly, I DON'T think all thai ladies are hookers, and not ALL farangs are bad. Thailand are growing at an increadibly fast rate. Our country needs to balance things out, otherwise it will collapse.

Golf

Golf, You will probably understand the situation better than any of us. Being Thai yourself, you obviously understand things from the Thai point of view, that no farang can ever 'fully' understand and having lived and 'experienced' America and American people, and married to an American, it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter. I am English by the way.

I would be happy to do so. Dorn is still young and wants to get to know all about you guys and the world. :o I hope I can answer all of the questions being asked here. But which one first?!?

Golf

Misterdorn, don't be scared off. I would encourage you to keep at it. It is good for you to get ideas from others and practice your English. It's just a forum; you're not up in front of a class speaking. I wish more Thais were as outgoing and unafraid as you. Keep going and you'll go far. :o

Edited by mbkudu

Dear Dorn:

Most farang men who married to Thai ladies don't really care much about how Thais think. They live their lives the way they want as long as they don't harm anyone. Thais, on the other hands, think that these big farangs "steal" their gals. Strange enough, Thais seem to like the mixed. What's the logic of that? I don't know. If Thai men are good enough, why would Thai girls are looking for farang men? The fundamental issue is that most (not all) Thai men are butterfly men. Dorn, you might have heard your Thai friends saying something like, "I just saw my GF off and as soon as she left, I went to see another girl. It was fun!" I bet you've heard that. I am not saying that farang men don't do this. They do, but only few of them.

Most Thai people are also reacism. I think you know that Thais look down on Burmese, Cambodian, and Lao people, but we like westerners. Why? The answer is Thais think they're better than other SEA people. Thais don't really like balck. Why? Because most Thais think that dark-skin means dirty or not beautiful, right? That's why whitening creams are so popular in our country.

That's about it for now. You're welcome to ask more. :o

Golf

Edited by Golf

Golf,  You will probably understand the situation better than any of us. Being Thai yourself, you obviously understand things from the Thai point of view, that no farang can ever 'fully' understand and having lived and 'experienced' America and American people, and married to an American, it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter. I am English by the way.

I would be happy to do so.  Dorn is still young and wants to get to know all about you guys and the world.  :D   I hope I can answer all of the questions being asked here.  But which one first?!?

Golf

I agree with you re. Dorn, and we can all learn from each other, providing we are prepared to listen.

I am married to a Thai lady for two years. I spend a lot of time and effort in trying to understand and explain the differences between Thai thinking/thought-processes and English.

How do you see these main differences?

And she understands you? I am also trying to explain some Thai-thinking to my wife. It seems liikw we're on the same boat! Some Thai thoughts are hard to explain though 'cause they don't exist in Western world. For me, I think western thoughts are based on logic, not emotion. Most Thai thoughts are based on cultures, tradition, and Thai values.

Ex of Thai thoughts:

1. being late is nothing wrong about it.

2. You can do good things, but don't be outstanding, because you will be in troble.

Western ones:

1. being late is rude and disrespect others' plan.

2. person who is doing good things shall be rewarded and being recognized.

HEHEHE. Next? :o

Golf,

Great to see you here, MistaDorn was a lone man against an English Lanquage army. Appreciate your efforts and will be interesting to see some of the misunderstandings that have transpired over the last 7 pages of this forum because of the language barrier. That is of course, assuming that MistaDorn returns.

On On

Quite simple , I treat them worse........... :o

Hi, whoa, so many reply, anyway, as if you said "treat them worse" Thai people will show up that he is own this country and fight back to you and said "this is my country" go back to ur country" lol. I am saying this cause of been talking with some several of my thai friends.

Think of where your country would be if we westerners did leave and never came back to here...Thailand is advancing because of us not in spite of us.

Nice attitude! I like that!

How do you like Thailand?

Actually thank God he made this world with westerners or else people wouldn't even know how to breathe! :D:D:D

Are you a representative of the farang race?