A Serious Topic

MistaDorn

Hello once again,

First of all I tought most of people here are Thai, but seems to be not. I am Thai and wondering something about American people or other farang who lived here in Thailand. Mostly America is the country that being hate by many countries including American people. The crazy power of American, and always look down to other country or seeking other country, destroying....etc that American people selves said are helping. Anyway. The question is. There is a lot of Thai people who against American people who lived here in Thailand. For some bad reason, they are coming for "Sex" with thai woman" that's make Thailand look like a sex country for farang who's travelling. Some women "prostitude" agreed to having sex with traveller just for money, they are a low education and cannot find a good job to support life. But world look like that they are really loved to do this.

(2). Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this. and that's make some other Thai people disgusting farang. I want to know if you some farang have meet thai people that against you here in Thailand and tell you this? I believe one of you have meet some people who don't like farang and treating you bad. I wonder what did you do when they are treating you bad? Do you ever know about this? sorry if this is a hard questions to all of farang here. But this is a real thing happened.

Yours

Dorn

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bad situation in Kalasin last year , myself, wife and 2 sons were just pottering about the shops looking for nothing in particular when a few lads ( 19-20 ish) started following us and a few insults were aimed in our direction. My wife said a few choice words , she was called " Gar-ee" amongst other insults.

My kids ( 13/6) were scared and felt threatened.

What could I do?

I'd like to say we left them and walked away heads held high.

But Alas , no.

I punched the bigger one hard enough to knock some teeth out , the other one

"Fled the Scene" ( Typical Thai , unfortunately I have seen that many times)

If it happened again , I would like to walk away.

Hope it doesn't happen again..... :o

Stupid is as Stupid does.

What would you say if you saw this happen "MistaDorn"?

I would be interested in your opinion.

Edited by chonabot

(2). Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this.

MistaDorn,

You have stated that 70% of the Thai people think the woman is a prostitute and they dislike the farangs. What you don't say is what this 70% thinks about the woman doing this, do they dislike her too? Are they thinking that it is the farangs fault that the girl does this kind of work.

Just curious

Dorn,

Contrary to Thai people, westeners generally don't care what other people say about them, unless they are close friends or relatives.

As long as we feel that what we do is consistent with the idea on how we should live our lifes and that is somehow accepted more or less by our immediate environment, we have no issue. we may feel a bit annoyed by comments made around, but that is it.

That's why you can observe the whole range of possibilities in behavior variances in a western society. Of course there are some "general accepted guidelines and rules" on excessive behavior, but they seem to be rather fluent and flexible.

to go in depth into the reasons why these differences exist would take to much for this post, but I'm also sure that others will pick it up where I left it here.

Dorn,

Contrary to Thai people, westeners generally don't care what other people say about them, unless they are close friends or relatives.

As long as we feel that what we do is consistent with the idea on how we should live our lifes and that is somehow accepted  more or less by our immediate environment, we have no issue. we may feel a bit annoyed by comments made around, but that is it.

That's why you can observe the whole range of possibilities in behavior variances in a western society. Of course there are some "general accepted guidelines and rules" on excessive behavior, but they seem to be rather fluent and flexible.

to go in depth into the reasons why these differences exist would take to much for this post, but I'm also sure that others will pick it up where I left it here.

Good points , but I care when my wife and children feel threatened as a result of these opinions/remarks when made in an aggressive way.

Dorn,

As long as we feel that what we do is consistent with the idea on how we should live our lifes and that is somehow accepted  more or less by our immediate environment, we have no issue. we may feel a bit annoyed by comments made around, but that is it.

Good points , but I care when my wife and children feel threatened as a result of these opinions/remarks when made in an aggressive way.

And fair enough too Chon.

Hello once again,

There is a lot of Thai people who against American people who lived here in Thailand. For some bad reason, they are coming for "Sex" with thai woman"

For one, why are singling out Americans? There are far more British, Australian, German and Japanese men coming to Thailand just for "Sex".

Also, I think most Thais are intelligent enough to seperate individuals from their governments. If they hate me, they must be great actors and actresses.

95% of the Thai people I've met have treated me and my Thai girlfriend with courtesy and respect. I could care less about the other 5%.

america is not a country to fear if your country is rich or white or developed or has a strong military or nukes.

otherwise all the small poor defenseless brown skinned third world countries have america to fear.

just ask iraq or vietnam or grenada or panama or soon-to-be iran.

unfortunately iran isnt defenseless and will bloody the us military and israel and iraq will blow up and russia and china and europe are in iran and the world will dump every dollar overnight and america's economy will collapse.

from the worlds bully the world hated to the worlds rabid dog the world will put to sleep.

america is not a country to fear if your country is rich or white or  developed or has a strong military or nukes.

otherwise all the small poor defenseless brown skinned third world countries have america to fear.

just ask iraq or vietnam or grenada or panama or soon-to-be iran.

unfortunately iran isnt defenseless and will bloody the us military and israel and iraq will blow up and russia and china and europe are in iran and the world will dump every dollar overnight and america's economy will collapse.

from the worlds bully the world hated to the worlds rabid dog the world will put to sleep.

So how in the world would this impact the way you'd treat a random American encountered in Thailand? Do you assume people are walking embodiements of the policies espoused by their home country's government? I would hope not. If you do size up people that way, I don't really want to know you.

Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this. and that's make some other Thai people disgusting farang.

What a load of crap!

You sound like a Troll there pal...

Get a clue. :o

MistaDorn, I also do not understand why you are singling out Americans? As stated by a previous poster, there are far more British and Australians coming to Thailand for sex. Make no mistake though, most foreign men come to Thailand for this very reason.

It's obvious that you have a personal dislike for Americans but you have to learn that the general population of a country doesn't represent the foreign policy of it's government. People that mesh American citizens in with the foreign policy of GWB are ignorant.

The kind of people whose opinion matters tend not to make such quick judgements about their countrymen and women who choose to talk to Farangs. It's just one of those ignorant things that will eventually vanish when the old generation of Thailand is gone. Hopefully. The great amount of young Thais being educated abroad is a sign of hope although in my experience many of them return home feeling more anti-farang than before leaving.

I had a bad situation in Kalasin last year , myself, wife and 2 sons were just pottering about the shops looking for nothing in particular when a few lads ( 19-20 ish) started following us and a few insults were aimed in our direction. My wife said a few choice words , she was called " Gar-ee" amongst other insults.

My kids ( 13/6) were scared and felt threatened.

What could I do?

I'd like to say we left them and walked away heads held high.

But Alas , no.

I punched the bigger one hard enough to knock some teeth out , the other one

"Fled the Scene" ( Typical Thai , unfortunately I have seen that many times)

If it happened again , I would like to walk away.

Hope it doesn't happen again..... :D

Stupid is as Stupid does.

What would you say if you saw this happen "MistaDorn"?

I would be interested in your opinion.

Dear Chonabot man"

Oh, In this case is what I am talking about. you meet someone who look down to your wife. and you punched that person with Thai-Farang punched style? As I told you if farang walk with Thai woman they will always look down to woman no matter what. when you punched him. what happened more? how about that thai person do? I believe he stoped following you cause he know what he done. Thai people running to help him? or just stand and watch? in this case you know? thai people will still look bad to you as a farang stayed in bangkok and hurting Thai people. but If I am were you, I could punch him too, but I never hurt anyone. My personal style is to fight back with "word". In Teen ager they will fight immediatly, but in older age they will fight with word, for thai people if that fight is getting harder both will hurting each other.

In other time if this happened again, You said you'll walk away. but you still keep them inside your feeling and how will you explore them? "sorry, I always thinking too far away" :o.

Last thing, I still believe that Thai women chob farang maak, tae puchai Thai mai chob farang. b'cuz they are thinking that farang stealing thai woman from them. Tae khon Thai chob phuying farang Mai dai because phuying farang too big for Thai People lol.

Dear Bronco:

As I told you it is thai mind thinking for a guy, sure up, I ended to be a friends with them. rite now i'm sooo lonely lol. I used to be a bit selfish and never listen to anyone. so no wonder I don't have long friend enough :o. Living in Thailand it is teaching me a lot. The Experience.

Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this. and that's make some other Thai people disgusting farang.

What a load of crap!

You sound like a Troll there pal...

Get a clue. :o

I think you might be right Boon.

Seems like a rather self defeating attitude by the Thai's when tourism is their No. 1 industry. You think the economy is bad now MistaDorn, what would it be like of all the tourists left and came never came back. Or maybe it is only the American's that your friends would like to see leave? Racism and discrimination in LOS, why I never.....................

If you were in America and 70% of the people felt that disgusted about something, believe me when I tell you that the people would change it. Can the same be said for the Thai people?

Hello once again,

First of all I tought most of people here are Thai, but seems to be not. I am Thai and wondering something about American people or other farang who lived here in Thailand.  Mostly America is the country that being hate by many countries including American people. The crazy power of American, and always look down to other country or seeking other country, destroying....etc that American people selves said are helping.  Anyway. The question is. There is a lot of Thai people who against American people who lived here in Thailand. For some bad reason, they are coming for "Sex" with thai woman" that's make Thailand look like a sex country for farang who's travelling. Some women "prostitude"  agreed to having sex with traveller just for money, they are a low education and cannot find a good job to support life. But world look like that they are really loved to do this.

(2). Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this. and that's make some other Thai people disgusting farang.  I want to know if you some farang have meet thai people that against you here in Thailand and tell you this? I believe one of you have meet some people who don't like farang and treating you bad. I wonder what did you do when they are treating you bad?  Do you ever know about this? sorry if this is a hard questions to all of farang here. But this is a real thing happened.

Yours

Dorn

Hello once again,

First of all I tought most of people here are Thai, but seems to be not. I am Thai and wondering something about American people or other farang who lived here in Thailand.  Mostly America is the country that being hate by many countries including American people. The crazy power of American, and always look down to other country or seeking other country, destroying....etc that American people selves said are helping.  Anyway. The question is. There is a lot of Thai people who against American people who lived here in Thailand. For some bad reason, they are coming for "Sex" with thai woman" that's make Thailand look like a sex country for farang who's travelling. Some women "prostitude"  agreed to having sex with traveller just for money, they are a low education and cannot find a good job to support life. But world look like that they are really loved to do this.

(2). Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this. and that's make some other Thai people disgusting farang.  I want to know if you some farang have meet thai people that against you here in Thailand and tell you this? I believe one of you have meet some people who don't like farang and treating you bad. I wonder what did you do when they are treating you bad?  Do you ever know about this? sorry if this is a hard questions to all of farang here. But this is a real thing happened.

Yours

Dorn

(2). Everytime when farang walking with Thai woman "in Thai people opinion" they will think this woman is prostitude" i believe around 70% are thinking like this.

MistaDorn,

You have stated that 70% of the Thai people think the woman is a prostitute and they dislike the farangs. What you don't say is what this 70% thinks about the woman doing this, do they dislike her too? Are they thinking that it is the farangs fault that the girl does this kind of work.

Just curious

โอโฮตอบเยอะชมัดเลย 555 คงต้องอธิบายกันสนั่นเมืองแล้วเนี่ย Ok. I said that when thai woman and farang walking together krub. then most of thai people always decided their mind to said that this woman is prostitute or used to be prostitude, the word used to be prostitude is because some have kids. Thai people will don't like the woman for living with farang, some are agree because they are likes farang. Farang not fault. most goes to woman. Woman fault to choose to live with farang. Thai people will look another way for Farang. As I told you. Farang come to Thailand for sex "in Thai mind". friend of mine "Jodie" from U.K said that in England everybody will look down to each other when they are coming back from thailand or going to thailand as they may think also that farang come to thailand for thai woman. Thai woman has a low education and don't have a good job. Then they have to find money to survive, to pay for their parent, or some thai woman already had a kid with other thai man, and they are divorced. The woman choose to be prostitude to find money for supporting life. but for this "This point Thai people know very well why are they doing this, but they do not like to do this". some Thai woman really fall in love to farang because the farang man can support their life. Farang always had a money for them, The honest of Thai Woman when someone supporting her, that woman will desire their life to farang and love him much. Thai people are gentle heart. when farang do something good to them. whoa, in whole life that person will take care of you as long as they can. But when farang leave the woman, The woman becoming crazy and try to do anything to get him back. I tried to answer your question shortly. but it goes so long. anyway, do you understand what i meant? Farang likes Thai skins and heart, Thai woman love farang because of they are cute and can support her life "money". so both when you combine it's gonna be "Love"? :o:D. I saw some post here that farang also really love their wife. I am so appriciated for this. specially when he said he punched that person" I believe he is doing the right thing that showing a true love and protect her from the enemy. he hurt when he hear that guy saying "ga-ree". So the way he punch thai person, I agreed.

MistaDorn, what would it be like of all the tourists left and came never came back.  Or maybe it is only the American's that your friends would like to see leave?  Racism and discrimination in LOS, why I never.....................

If you were in America and 70% of the people felt that disgusted about something, believe me when I tell you that the people would change it.  Can the same be said for the Thai people?

Dude, I am talking for some people, not the whole country. Some farang come to thailand for their business and travelling. don't forget this. I only take 1 example that I have talking with friends about farang and thai woman. I don't know American much, but as I know they are scared in something that make them becoming look down to other country and selfish. "SOME" I have posted about this in somewhere. Thai people, I believe farang man also agreed with me "Thai people is more honest than farang"

Hello once again,

Yours

Dorn

Mr. Dorn,

In the early 60's, my brother was in the Navy and he and his friends did R&R in SEA and Thailand welcomed with open arms and spread legs and hands out for their money...nothing has really changed it sounds like you are trying to bite the hands that feed you...tourists...one is really dense if you think that Thailand is not known all over the world for its sex....who on earth do you think the middle man is in this? The Gov't supports everything to do with sex as a tourist attraction...do you think they want to truly crack down on their biggest industry...except for a few arrests made every now and then to appease the do-gooders in the rest of the world?

Hello once again,

95% of the Thai people I've met have treated me and my Thai girlfriend with courtesy and respect. I could care less about the other 5%.

this is a good post, this is what i wanted you to post. they are treating you good, but inside they did not show up what they feel. remember that people have a mind thinking that they will now shown up. for some people that they don't really like, they will show up or make a face like disagree. and the "LOOK" of both of you maybe are higher or look a like a person who have a $$$?