A Serious Topic

MistaDorn

Quite simple , I treat them worse........... :o

Hi, whoa, so many reply, anyway, as if you said "treat them worse" Thai people will show up that he is own this country and fight back to you and said "this is my country" go back to ur country" lol. I am saying this cause of been talking with some several of my thai friends.

Think of where your country would be if we westerners did leave and never came back to here...Thailand is advancing because of us not in spite of us.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k. Dorn,

I wonder what your response would be when you get a Farang girlfriend, and someone call you her 'toyboy'... :o Would like to hear your response to that.

Overall, my experience is that nowhere near 70% would think bad things. More like 0.7%, if that. And nearly all of those 0.7% seem to be pretty low class themselves, like some woman in a market or a scummy drunk tuk tuk driver. Those are not the kind of people who are even capable of causing offence as they're so sad and low class themselves. Like, you don't get offended if a street dog barks at you; that's why it's a street dog, it knows no better.

Among other farang tourists however, the 70% number could be closer. Most of those are clueless. Again: who cares. :D

Anyway, good topic, it will stretch 10 pages before the weekend is over. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

The question is. There is a lot of Thai people who against American people who lived here in Thailand. For some bad reason, they are coming for "Sex" with thai woman" that's make Thailand look like a sex country for farang who's travelling.

It makes Thailand look like a sex country for farang..... because it IS a sex country for farang. Simple. :o

I want to know if you some farang have meet thai people that against you here in Thailand and tell you this? I believe one of you have meet some people who don't like farang and treating you bad. I wonder what did you do when they are treating you bad?
No they don't tell you this.

I treat as I find. I treat polite people politely and ignore the ignorant. :D

I agree..I also treat people kindly..but, I have found out one thing of Thai's..they are not business people..they are greedy entrepreneurs.

Hello Dorn,

What you and I and everybody else must understand is this:

There is ALWAYS a super-power. Whether it is the Americans, The Greeks, The Romans, The Ottomans or the British, it does not matter. The super-power wants to STAY a super-power and that is HUMAN NATURE. As we progress in technology the power becomes more mighty.... We have gone from bows and arrows to the atomic bomb.

Now if Thailand was the super-power then the rest of the world would 'fear' you. And it is HUMAN NATURE to hate what we 'fear'. So at this time of human history much of the world fears and hates America. The more 'fearfull' they are, the more they hate them.

America is not a country to fear. If the USA wanted to take over and control the world they could have done so, when they were the 'only' country on earth to have the Atomic Bomb. America is not a country to fear, unless you go against thier foriegn policies....... or if you own oil. :o

Dear Ravisher:

I think you have misunderstood something, no countries feared out of America, accept the country that is below it. for Example "Australia" when U.S.A got a problem Australia Country must helps even though the don't want to. but WHAT IF AUSTRALIAN" DID NOT JOIN U.S.A? What's America will do to Australia Country? I wonder why. Australian who against the war have to join the war because they are under U.S.A? or used to HELPS Australia" and U.S.A got a power to ask Australia to join. they will be no peace in this world rite? there is something blocking. Lifes could not go on good as it should. America is a rich country and a king of world? what I like of american is Technologies, but less then Japan. I love European more. they are look more peace special to Asia. America is feared of every country, if you think deeply. they have too much protected their country. even other countries want to travel or stayed in U.S.A, it is super hard. I watch Exite channel, an American channel. God, this country full of camera everywhere, even street. Too much protect who gonna love to live like that. now about Thailand, do you think Thailand is a peace country? Thailand is an open country. you are most welcome to our country. You can do what you want here. business, travelling...etc. but to join the war "hurting Human Being" Thai will not join for that. but we stuck on Bush which he is a good friend to Taksin. :D . yesterday I entered Bangkok Chat. they are chatting about American. and always look down. because planning to bomb again. U.S.A spent a huge of money for bomb? for what? destroying other country? Killing a Human that is belong to God? for me life is a test from God.

puad hua, post too much,

k. Dorn,

I wonder what your response would be when you get a Farang girlfriend, and someone call you her 'toyboy'... :o  Would like to hear your response to that.

I will do as CHONABOT. but first of all I will have to talk with this person first. if it is going well that person ask apology then finish but if it is going hard and hard, I will do gently PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH and KICK KICK duay. and that is, I'll be ready to go home with fast heart beating. hehe.

yours,

Dorn

this is a good post, this is what i wanted you to post. they are treating you good, but inside they did not show up what they feel. remember that people have a mind thinking that they will now shown up. for some people that they don't really like, they will show up or make a face like disagree. and the "LOOK" of both of you maybe are higher or look a like a person who have a $$$?

ALL women like to see the $$$'s and the more $$$'s they see, the better they like it.

My last wife was 30 years younger than me and 'Greek'. People looked, stared and some talked about her being my 'daughter' by mistake... Most Greek men did not like it... stealing their beautiful women (I am English) jealous... envious because I have $$$'s or so they 'thought'. I am not rich at all, but 'young' women seem to like me... and of course I was the boss... women like bosses too because they are attracted to 'power' and $$$' and if you can make them laugh and enjoy themselves it is a bonus.

What do I think about it and how do I feel? I don't think about it.... and feel nothing. I don't give a <deleted> what other people 'think' I only care about my happiness. :o:D

I don't like u a, do u love her? pls explain. cuz u said "you care only your happiness" It's look like you are so selfish jang leoy, so if you bored her then you gonna leave her and have new one???

MistaDorn, I also do not understand why you are singling out Americans?  As stated by a previous poster, there are far more British and Australians coming to Thailand for sex.  Make no mistake though, most foreign men come to Thailand for this very reason. 

It's obvious that you have a personal dislike for Americans but you have to learn that the general population of a country doesn't represent the foreign policy of it's government.  People that mesh American citizens in with the foreign policy of GWB are ignorant.

Dear Tripxcore:

Sorry, I do not mean I hate American, sorry for my mistaken in English. I'm not good in English. I was wondering if my English will understand by other people.

America is the country that I want to step-in. My brother lived there. the Generation there are so cool. The only one thing I against America is POLITICS and NO PEACE. but not the people of America. I dont' hate them. whole world every country got Prostitude. but Thailand hot one. even russian women are coming to here working as prostitude near my house in Sukhumvit 3. So America is the example country in my topic. I don't know how to explain the Topic I post, but I have some reason for it that hard to explain.

YOurs

Dorn

Hello Dorn,

What you and I and everybody else must understand is this:

There is ALWAYS a super-power. Whether it is the Americans, The Greeks, The Romans, The Ottomans or the British, it does not matter. The super-power wants to STAY a super-power and that is HUMAN NATURE. As we progress in technology the power becomes more mighty.... We have gone from bows and arrows to the atomic bomb.

Now if Thailand was the super-power then the rest of the world would 'fear' you. And it is HUMAN NATURE to hate what we 'fear'. So at this time of human history much of the world fears and hates America. The more 'fearfull' they are, the more they hate them.

America is not a country to fear. If the USA wanted to take over and control the world they could have done so, when they were the 'only' country on earth to have the Atomic Bomb. America is not a country to fear, unless you go against thier foriegn policies....... or if you own oil. :o

Dear Ravisher:

I think you have misunderstood something, no countries feared out of America, accept the country that is below it. for Example "Australia" when U.S.A got a problem Australia Country must helps even though the don't want to. but WHAT IF AUSTRALIAN" DID NOT JOIN U.S.A? What's America will do to Australia Country? I wonder why. Australian who against the war have to join the war because they are under U.S.A? or used to HELPS Australia" and U.S.A got a power to ask Australia to join. they will be no peace in this world rite? there is something blocking. Lifes could not go on good as it should. America is a rich country and a king of world? what I like of american is Technologies, but less then Japan. I love European more. they are look more peace special to Asia. America is feared of every country, if you think deeply. they have too much protected their country. even other countries want to travel or stayed in U.S.A, it is super hard. I watch Exite channel, an American channel. God, this country full of camera everywhere, even street. Too much protect who gonna love to live like that. now about Thailand, do you think Thailand is a peace country? Thailand is an open country. you are most welcome to our country. You can do what you want here. business, travelling...etc. but to join the war "hurting Human Being" Thai will not join for that. but we stuck on Bush which he is a good friend to Taksin. :D . yesterday I entered Bangkok Chat. they are chatting about American. and always look down. because planning to bomb again. U.S.A spent a huge of money for bomb? for what? destroying other country? Killing a Human that is belong to God? for me life is a test from God.

puad hua, post too much,

If all Thai Buddhist's thought like you did about "life worth" there would be no Thai's murdering other people or their own, would there?

Maybe not a troll... just youth :o

yo man, I'm new here. just found this forum days ago.

hmm is it also for introducin' myself? if yeah, then here's

Name: Wachirawin A. Rojvithee

Nick: Dorn "taken from full italian name "De-Viey-Dorn "read D-Y-Dorn"

Nationality: converted from Italian to Indonesian  nationality and Thai now.

Pic: avatar

Born in Italy "Rome"

Dad: Indonesian

Mom: french-indian

Job: Working in Sukhumvit 11 "Programming"

Languages speaking: Indonesian, Thai, English,Malaysian.

Interest: Swimming, Running "lumpini park",

Anti: smoker and drinker :D.........................................

Nobody in the world is perfect; not the Americans, Europeans, Asians, Africans or whoever. As other posters have said, do the foreign policies and government of the USA mean that all Americans think/act like GWB? I think not. Also, if the USA is such a bad place that wants to supress the entire world and control everything, then why on earth do so many people emulate our culture and want to move there? We receive more immigrants than any other country. As an American, I know that the USA is not the "Land Of Opportunity" that many think it is...it's expensive and has a much different culture than many other countries but then again there are a lot of good things about life in the USA.

MistaDorn; as far as the sex industry is concerned, I think you need to understand that most of the Thai sex industry is frequented by Thai men...farangs make up only a fraction of it. A lot of Americans are selfish, a lot of British are cynical and a lot of the Germans are dirty pedophiles but for every one of those examples there must by a hundred or so more from the same countries that are not like that. You and your friends need to have a more positive attitude and not be misled by all these generalizations. Just remember, for everything you may find wrong with Americans, British, or whoever they could easily find an equal number of things wrong with Thais. Try to take from the best of both worlds and you'll do much better.

:D what do you mean? :D

I don't mean to be offensive MistaDorn. :D

I was simply alluding to the fact that much of your rhetoric shows a degree of naivety or singlemindedness... :D

There is nothing wrong with that... we all have to learn sometime, and life is the big classroom we learn in.

:D

:D what do you mean? :D

I don't mean to be offensive MistaDorn. :D

I was simply alluding to the fact that much of your rhetoric shows a degree of naivety or singlemindedness... :D

There is nothing wrong with that... we all have to learn sometime, and life is the big classroom we learn in.

:D

Hello, I don't understand still is it mean bad? am i annoying? what is Rhetoric and naivety means?

God, I'm talking about Farang and Thai a. but the topic been changed

I feel like I am bad here

MistaDorn, Don't feel bad. You did nothing wrong here. All topics change and then go back on subject.

Don't worry.

That's what I keep telling my Thai wife since I lost my job yesterday. :o

ow ok, thank you, still scare if i'm a black sheep still. anyway, I don't mean to against anyone. I have a wrong post for the topic, instead America should put "FARANG" I could change if i can. sorry

I'll continue to post

ow ok, thank you, still scare if i'm a black sheep still. anyway, I don't mean to against anyone. I have a wrong post for the topic, instead America should put "FARANG" I could change if i can. sorry

Not FARANG... you should say 'foreigner' :o

if the term farang riles you I suggest you don't come here coz farang you'll be.

Not FARANG... you should say 'foreigner' :D

if the term farang riles you I suggest you don't come here coz farang you'll be.

Oh dear... did I rile you? If it riled me Sir, I would hardly put a nice smiling face in there would I now? :D:o

Could anyone tell from your rambling posts ?

"SOUTH-EAST ASIA: Sex Industry Thrives, But States Look Away

InterPress News Service (IPS) - August 19, 1998

Researchers' estimates show that the sex industry's contribution to the GDP...... 14 percent in Thailand......

The report cites estimates that Thai women sex workers in the cities remit nearly 300 million U.S. dollars annually to families in rural areas. In Thailand, prostitution produced between 22.5 and 27 billion dollars income from 1993 to 1995."

With a 166$billion GDP for Thailand (2004), 14% (roughly) accounts for a lot of money and income, ie. food and necessities. I am not for the industry by any means but the fact remains this industry provides income for Thailand as well as those involved. Supply and demand. As with any other illegal industry a solution is hard to come by??? :o

Not FARANG... you should say 'foreigner' :D

Oh dear... did I rile you? If it riled me Sir, I would hardly put a nice smiling face in there would I now? :D:o

Could anyone tell from your rambling posts ?

Obviously not you Sir. :D

and I am not alone. verbal diarrhoea and a waste of bandwidth I'd say.

MistaDorn,

You talk of 70% of Thai's thinking that my wife is a prostitute because she is Thai and I am a falang.

Don't know if you are right or wrong (Thais thinking this). All I can say is that my wife and I have on VERY few occasions witnessed Thai's act in the way you suggest, could count the times on one hand in 12 years of marrage.

People do look at us ...what are they thinking? I have no idea and I don't care less if Thais think like you are suggesting.

On rare occasions when people do act as you say, my wife is very strong minded and will NEVER accept any derogatory comments from Thai's (or Falang's) without a tougue lashing in return. :o

Cheers BaanOz

... I said that when thai woman and farang walking together krub. then most of thai people always decided their mind to said that this woman is prostitute or used to be prostitude, the word used to be prostitude is because some have kids... Thai woman has a low education and don't have a good job. Then they have to find money to survive, to pay for their parent, or some thai woman already had a kid with other thai man, and they are divorced. The woman choose to be prostitude to find money for supporting life. but for this "This point Thai people know very well why are they doing this, but they do not like to do this

Mistadorn,

You classify these women as lacking education, job skills and desperate due to failed marriages. A more interesting question is why your society continues to produce this kind of women decade after decade. You can correctly argue that there exist some women who will choose this life but that is not what you describe. You specifically note causes within your society that produce these women.

By contrast my America society provides a free and legally mandated education for all of it's citizens paid by for all of its citizens. We recognize as a whole the value of an educated society to increase the standard of living for all citizens. We provide a fair environment where opportunity is extended to all to excel based on merit.

We provide money, food and housing to our poorest citizens. A single mother in my home need not turn to prostitution to feed her child. All citizens contribute taxes so that our poorest neighbors might have a chance in life.

We recognize in law the responsibility of both parents to support their children. In the event of a failed marriage both parents must continue to support their children. If a mother continues to raise the children the father must pay a monthly portion of his salary to provide for his children.

A bee will always seek out nectar. Likewise men will always seek women of easy virtue. The question is not why the men come. It is their nature. The question is why Thai society continues to produce the women that greet them year after year.

I believe farang man also agreed with me "Thai people is more honest than farang"

Hello once again,

95% of the Thai people I've met have treated me and my Thai girlfriend with courtesy and respect. I could care less about the other 5%.

this is a good post, this is what i wanted you to post. they are treating you good, but inside they did not show up what they feel. remember that people have a mind thinking that they will now shown up. for some people that they don't really like, they will show up or make a face like disagree. and the "LOOK" of both of you maybe are higher or look a like a person who have a $$$?

Oh, very honest !

Edited by Khun Ngo

Farang=bad

Thai=good :o

It is a shame to see such a nationalistic and xenophobic approach to the main source of income in this country, (Tourism). I can understand, to a certain degree, the points made by Mistadon. I would also like to say, that the vast amount of foreigners coming to Thailand do not exactly represent the whole of the foreign society. There are "Farangs", I have had the unfortunate experience to meet that I would never see or talk to whilst in Europe. It is therefore rather sad to see and hear such derogatory remarks made about all "foreigners". But people who have never travelled and experienced the world, usually have a distorted concept of the global environment we all live in.

As for prostitution, it is and always has been rampant in Thai society, even before the"big white Farangs" ever came here.

Mistadon, you state that the foreigners can come to this open land and travel freely etc.....Let me just say, that the Thai people have 100% more freedom and rights when they come to my country (The Netherlands). They can own a house, they can buy land, they can set up business, apply for citizenship, vote, get social welfare and medical, housing, pension,etc.. in a relatively easy manner. As a Farang you have few of these rights in Thailand.

Edited by pluto_manibo

This is a great post and should perhaps start a whole new Topic... as to 'why' this prostitution continues... and what could/should be done about it?

Night Rider,

a most excellent post and Ravisher you are right about a new thread but then can't we just close it again, the answer is far to obvious IMHO: :o

Money, get away

Get a good job with more pay and you're O.K.

Money it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team

Money get back

I'm alright Jack keep your hands off my stack

Money it's a hit

Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling set

And I think I'll need a Lear jet

Money it's a crime

Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie