Studying Thai At Payap University, Chiang Mai

appleseed024

Hello Everyone!

I've been searching online to find opportunities to study the Thai language at a university here in Thailand.

So far I've found 3 options.

1. Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok (EXPENSIVE!!!)

2. Chiang Mai University (They have yet to e-mail me back with details)

and 3. Payap University in Chiang Mai.

This third option looks rather worth it, and seems like something i would be able to afford as well.

I was wondering if anybody here has either done this program at Payap themselves, or knows of anyone who has done it.

1.If so, did you or that person have a valuable learning experience while studying?

2. Also, if any, what are the ups and downs of studying in that specific program?

I have been living in Thailand nearly 2 and a half years, and my spoken Thai is at what I would consider a high intermediate-to low advanced level.

So I'm also wondering whether this course would improve my Thai Language skills, or simply reinforce what I already know.

any feedback and information would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bo

2. Chiang Mai University (They have yet to e-mail me back with details)

are you emailing to a generic cmu address or directly to their language institute?

i've been corresponding with them for the past several weeks, they've been very

good at answering emails promptly.

if you don't have the email for teflcmu, send me a pm, i'll give you contact info.

That was not too clear. What I meant was being taught Thai language IN Thai by a Thai lecturer in the Thai side of the university, NOT a course set up for English speakers. Then you would definately learn a lot, and for a lot less money.

very interesting idea...i might check that out! thanks for the reply mate.