Tree Pruning

islandee

I've just run off the local tree butcher, with his machete in hand. My wife had hired him to do some nominal tree trimming. He's done his damage here before and I don't want more of it.

Has anyone had a good experience with any business in the Chiang Mai area that is equipped to prune large trees (long ladders, ropes, saws (not machetes), etc) --- and can do so to Western standards (with thought to the structural integrity of the tree; knows to undercut a vertical cut to prevent stripping out bark 'downstream', properly dressing cuts, etc)?

Edited by islandee

I've just run off the local tree butcher, with his machete in hand. My wife had hired him to do some nominal tree trimming. He's done his damage here before and I don't want more of it.

Has anyone had a good experience with any business in the Chiang Mai area that is equipped to prune large trees (long ladders, ropes, saws (not machetes), etc) --- and can do so to Western standards (with thought to the structural integrity of the tree; knows to undercut a vertical cut to prevent stripping out bark 'downstream', properly dressing cuts, etc)?

I'm a certified arborist from the US, but retired and only doing consulting and small projects for friends; I'm not geared up for big trees anymore.

I've been looking for an outfit to recommend, so I hope you get some good replies to your post.

I would be happy to take a look at your project (no charge) and help you determine what is needed and help you try to find someone to do the job. I sent you a PM with my phone number. Don