England V Andorra

MSingh

Word on the mean Streets of London is that it's gonna get possibly Cancelled or at least played behind Closed Doors because, wait for it, a poxy Tube Strike !!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/8090608.stm

I heard a press conference about 20 minutes or so ago. The match is going ahead and will not be behind closed doors. Supporters will have to make their own way there. Trains will not be stopping at Wembley over-line. Nat Express do a shuttle service (presumably from Victoria Coach Station?) Refunds will be available. He did say to check on fa.com for future announcements, although I just did but didn't see anything.

They can drive, i wouldnt have thought a game v Andorra would bring in more then 40,000.

70k Tix sold by all accounts San..

I did read one rumour that David Beckham had offered to pay the wages for the tube workers !

Mind you,he could probably buy the tube!! :)

don't know how people are going to get to and from it since apparently getting into central london for work this morning was bedlam.

I reckon there won't be any more than 35k there in actual attendance..

Bob Crow as per usual, typical Millwall spoiling things for others..

Southern poofters trying to ruin things and all because someone's pickled Eels were too warm. Never had this problem when International matches were being played up Norf. The Stadium should have been built in the Midlands anyway. :)

Edited by mrbojangles

Southern poofters trying to ruin things and all because someone's pickled Eels were too warm. Never had this problem when International matches were being played up Norf. The Stadium should have been built in the Midlands anyway. :)

Don't be silly BJ, it's only been the last decade that you've had Electric North of the Watford Gap ain't it ?? :D

Edit : & it's Jellied Eels not Pickled Eels for us Cockneys, my Old Grandad would turn in his Grave if he heard a Northerner calling them that, RIP.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Southern poofters trying to ruin things and all because someone's pickled Eels ...

Pickled eels. :D

Although I do actually agree about Wembley. Not that it should have been replaced by any particular National Stadium. But rather that games were played on a rotation system whether that be in the NW, London or Wales, as in other countries. I actually preferred Cardiff to Wembley any day. I'm sure that you'd agree Mr BJ ... oh hang on. :)

Pickled eels, Jellied eels called them what the <deleted> you like but ive never seen a queue so big in all my life for such a vile looking food as i did before a game at Upton Park.

Saying that all that gentlemans relish you limp wristed London boys are famous for slurping it probably isnt to bad in comparison! :)

Pickled eels, Jellied eels called them what the <deleted> you like but ive never seen a queue so big in all my life for such a vile looking food as i did before a game at Upton Park.

No you didn't. There's only one pie 'n' mash shop anywhere near the ground. And I can't see any reason why you'd have been near that. :)

No you didn't. There's only one pie 'n' mash shop anywhere near the ground. And I can't see any reason why you'd have been near that. :)

We walked to the ground and if memory serves werent parked that far away 1KM or so, I swear it was a jellied eel shop as myself and my 2 brothers were disgusted at the thought of eating this. Probably going back about 10-12 years.

The new Wembley is a soulless concrete mess in the middle of an industrial estate - you can't even get a pint unless you turn up six hours early and get lucky with a pub two miles away up a huge hill (or can afford seven quid for a pint of urine in a plastic glass inside). The MillStad is atmospheric and bang in the middle of a superb city centre, full of pubs and restaurants, well linked to public transport and with a well-planned park and ride system. Same with St James' Park. Even Old Tra$$ord is better, albeit it looks more like a Tesco than a football ground these days. And now we're building a new stadium for the Olympics a few miles away (which is going to be demolished straight after the games) only a couple of years after out half a billion quid national stadium opened. It's a wonder England can even get picked to host the world tiddlywinks championship, never mind the world cup or the Olympics.

No you didn't. There's only one pie 'n' mash shop anywhere near the ground. And I can't see any reason why you'd have been near that. :D

You southeners make me laugh, Pie n Mash, the only thing you should have with a pie is mushy peas n gravy :):D

Edited by thaimiller

The new Wembley is a soulless concrete mess in the middle of an industrial estate - you can't even get a pint unless you turn up six hours early and get lucky with a pub two miles away up a huge hill (or can afford seven quid for a pint of urine in a plastic glass inside). The MillStad is atmospheric and bang in the middle of a superb city centre, full of pubs and restaurants, well linked to public transport and with a well-planned park and ride system. Same with St James' Park. Even Old Tra$$ord is better, albeit it looks more like a Tesco than a football ground these days. And now we're building a new stadium for the Olympics a few miles away (which is going to be demolished straight after the games) only a couple of years after out half a billion quid national stadium opened. It's a wonder England can even get picked to host the world tiddlywinks championship, never mind the world cup or the Olympics.

Couldnt agree more, especially as building this stadium meant no investment in youth football ie france type academy.

No you didn't. There's only one pie 'n' mash shop anywhere near the ground. And I can't see any reason why you'd have been near that. :D

You southeners make me laugh, Pie n Mash, the only thing you should have with a pie is mushy peas n gravy :D:D

Absolutely. Us Northern lads love Gravy :)

We walked to the ground and if memory serves werent parked that far away 1KM or so, I swear it was a jellied eel shop as myself and my 2 brothers were disgusted at the thought of eating this. Probably going back about 10-12 years.

No such thing as a jellied eels shop mate. Only a pie 'n' mash shop. Going back 10 years or more, the only one near was behind the ground, on the Barking Road at the South Bank end. And even then there's no reason to think that you could buy jellied eels and mash because you couldn't have know.

Have you norvern people never heard of "doubles" ? That is, double pie and mash with loads of luverly, liquor sauce. :D

Gravy ? You'd never touch the stuff again with pies.

No such thing as a jellied eels shop mate. Only a pie 'n' mash shop. Going back 10 years or more, the only one near was behind the ground, on the Barking Road at the South Bank end. And even then there's no reason to think that you could buy jellied eels and mash because you couldn't have know.

I may have at times in my youth exaggerated how good i was at boxing/football/ pulling women/ how big my winkle is ... but i cant be accused of lying about seeing a shop that sold Jellied Eels.

So you have confirmed there is a shop that sold the delight that is jellied eels very close to Upton Park! and no i didnt eat any, there was too big a fcuken queue, i prefer the bacteria in a bun sold in grounds often called a burger.

You southeners make me laugh, Pie n Mash, the only thing you should have with a pie is mushy peas n gravy :D:D

Don't forget your Deep Fried Mars Bars.... :D

For the record, i reckon Mr San walked past Nathans on the Barking Road as they used to park the Away Coaches on the Barking Road & make the Swines walk to the Ground..

& here's a clue as to why Mr San thought it was an Eel Shop... :D

My favourite was George's down Hermit Road, Canning Town though & if God/Allah/Buddah ate Pie & Mash, that's where he would have eaten it.. :D

post-55211-1244656421_thumb.jpg

Yes that must be the shop, a fair few years since ive been to Upton park but i'd imagine the queue must still be there it was so long.

So i take it most would be queing for the cockney delicacy of Pie and Mash which looks like something i could tuck into right now as opposed to the slightly less palatable Jellied Eels ... I used live near to Notting Hill and they had a Sausage and Mash shop serving for about 8 quid it was absolutely delightful food.

Anyway back to football is tonights game on Thai TV, to save going out?

Yes that must be the shop, a fair few years since ive been to Upton park but i'd imagine the queue must still be there it was so long.

So i take it most would be queing for the cockney delicacy of Pie and Mash which looks like something i could tuck into right now as opposed to the slightly less palatable Jellied Eels ... I used live near to Notting Hill and they had a Sausage and Mash shop serving for about 8 quid it was absolutely delightful food.

Anyway back to football is tonights game on Thai TV, to save going out?

It's on Star Sports & i can't sleep for love nor money so sods law, i'll probably fall asleep 5 mins into the Game.. :D

Jellied Eels have never passed my Lips, but Pie & Mash has, with Liqcuor ( sp ?? ) hundreds upon hundreds of times..I remember when i was little, going round my Nan & Grandad's & my Garndad used to have Eels in the Sink in the Kitchen that he'd brang home from the Dock & my Nan b*llocking him for putting them there... :D

Minging though if you ask me..

Edit : Sorry, True Sport 1 are advertising it but i could have sworn i saw SS advertising it, must be the lack of sleep..:)

Edited by MSingh

here's a clue as to why Mr San thought it was an Eel Shop... :)

My favourite was George's down Hermit Road, Canning Town though & if God/Allah/Buddah ate Pie & Mash, that's where he would have eaten it..

You know I used to eat there every Saturday after the match and never noticed the shop sign before. So it easy to understand why sanmiguellight thought it an "eel shop".

The best pie and mash that I experienced was in the famous Manze's , somewhere over the other side of the River as it goes.

But there's a very decent plate of pie and mash to be had in Walton-on-the-Naze it has to be said.