Safes

SoCa9346

Before Foodland on Klang there is a large open area shop that sell all sorts, big selection of safes, price and type up to you, you need to have your bargaining cap on, I was satisfied with what I ended up with..............

Before Foodland on Klang there is a large open area shop that sell all sorts, big selection of safes, price and type up to you, you need to have your bargaining cap on, I was satisfied with what I ended up with..............

i concur, i got mine from there.

very helpful, the family are Indian, the son is called Jimmy, the daughter is Pinky.

they rotate their time between this shop and one more on Pattaya Thai.

both speak english very well.

as CGW said, bargaining is the norm here........

good luck

i concur, i got mine from there.

very helpful, the family are Indian, the son is called Jimmy, the daughter is Pinky.

they rotate their time between this shop and one more on Pattaya Thai.

both speak english very well.

as CGW said, bargaining is the norm here........

good luck

Yes, I also got my safe from there. 8 years on and its still great. Nice shop, nice people.

think their called Mysafe, used them once before they were knowledgeable !

think their called Mysafe, used them once before they were knowledgeable !

Yes, the customer service there was TOP RATE. Bravo.

Can anybody give a ball park price on the typical hotel style safe, smallish with key pad

The smallest ones cost us 1300THB,(but we bought 10 at a time),the next size up were 1900THB.The smallest ones are the normal hotel room size,All were bought at the Indian run place in Pattaya Klang,mentioned by previous posters

This thread brought up a question that has been nagging me. Many hotels have those in room safes. I love the idea and the convenience. However, I always wondered what happens if you forget the safe code you created. I am sure many people do that. So, given that the safe is now locked, how is it unlocked? What is required to open it? Is it drilled open similar to the way lock boxes are? Is there some master code the manufacturer or hotel owner has for each model or safe?

I always wondered how really safe they were.

Thanks.

^ They have a Key, also works if the batteries go dead!

OK. So they have a key. That means the safe is basically a convenience and is not very secure as the "key" is, well, who knows where the key is or who holds it. Just another reason I travel with no real valuables. I just bring the basics, and keep things in my hip pack most of the time. But the safe is better than nothing.

OK. So they have a key. That means the safe is basically a convenience and is not very secure as the "key" is, well, who knows where the key is or who holds it. Just another reason I travel with no real valuables. I just bring the basics, and keep things in my hip pack most of the time. But the safe is better than nothing.

Duhh!

^ They have a Key, also works if the batteries go dead!

The safes I am familiar with, have up to 5 tiers of password, conducive pads in the membrane keypad so you can press a PP3 type battery against it if the internal batteries fail and if all else fails there is a conventional key override.

these are designed for the hospitality industry (Hotels, etc) large enough to accommodate a full size lap top, and optional features such as built in power points (for charging phone, lap tops, camera, etc) and fully printable audit trails of event history.

Basically a safe in a hotel room is not that secure because some times they need to be opened by staff , it can be because guests forget their password, enter an incorrect password when locking, leave safes closed when vacating, sometimes batteries go flat and sometimes the electronics can fail.

Most import thing is Hotels and Guests should ensure undesirable persons do not get into the room in the first place.

Can anybody give a ball park price on the typical hotel style safe, smallish with key pad

The smallest ones cost us 1300THB,(but we bought 10 at a time),the next size up were 1900THB.The smallest ones are the normal hotel room size,All were bought at the Indian run place in Pattaya Klang,mentioned by previous posters

That would be for the none fire rated models I think, fire rated are more expensive.