Car Films

moo9

There is quite a few along both side of Sukhumvit, look for the signs, Hi Kool, Lumina etc. Lumina is reputed to be the best film around but cant say for sure.

A freind of mine got his done in Sri Racha, just as you are going into Sri Racha from Pattaya on the right (you have to U turn), there is a shop that replaces car glass and next door is the film shop. He got Lumina fitted, very good but he did say the Lumina film was the most expensive.

There is quite a few along both side of Sukhumvit, look for the signs, Hi Kool, Lumina etc. Lumina is reputed to be the best film around but cant say for sure.

A freind of mine got his done in Sri Racha, just as you are going into Sri Racha from Pattaya on the right (you have to U turn), there is a shop that replaces car glass and next door is the film shop. He got Lumina fitted, very good but he did say the Lumina film was the most expensive.

Boy Air & Sound, Sukhumvit Road, Pattaya.

on the way out of town towards Bangkok

he has done five cars for me, no hassle, no problems, reasonable price.

only drawback is that he is always busy but that tells its own story......

Best place I've always found is the main dealers although I don't konw if they would do it if you're not purchasing a new car.

Yes, but my dealer would give me only a standard film (even don't know the brand), so I decided to go to another shop. I think Boy Air and Sound has a good reputation and he might also upgrade the stereo in the car, thanks.

Best place I've always found is the main dealers although I don't konw if they would do it if you're not purchasing a new car.

Difficult to avoid the main dealers when you purchase a new motor, but they do give you the cheapest of the cheap!!

Ask them how much discount they will give you if you decline their offer of "free" film? :)

Would anyone be able to tell me what sort of costs I should consider? ie. for a Toyota Vios.

Also, how long does it typically take for them to do it? approx?

I guess like 3,500 - 6,000 Baht depend on brand, quality.

It takes 2 - 3 hrs (as far as I can remember).

Cheers

Would anyone be able to tell me what sort of costs I should consider? ie. for a Toyota Vios.

Also, how long does it typically take for them to do it? approx?

my most recent at Boy cost 4000 for a black tint 40% front and 60% back on a 4 door Izuzu pickup

two hours or so and its done

i do not know the brand name but he has many to choose from

Difficult to avoid the main dealers when you purchase a new motor, but they do give you the cheapest of the cheap!!

Ask them how much discount they will give you if you decline their offer of "free" film? :)

Toyota gave me a choice of 3 different grades of film ranging from 3,500 ~ 8,500 Baht as part of my 'freebie' package.

Toyota gave me a choice of 3 different grades of film ranging from 3,500 ~ 8,500 Baht as part of my 'freebie' package.

I would have expected that they put the 3,500 Bht as freebie without mentioning the more expensive ones :-)

Anyway we will be going to Boy to have more choice. I got tons of other freebies so that I can afford to pay some 5,000 Baht extra.