Using Suzuki Carrry For Farm Work

Disting

Hi

Has anyone out there used one of the new Suzuki Carry instead or regular pick ups for farm based work. I am trying to find out how rugged they are and any good for going down the farm track to deliver people, fertilizer bags etc. I like the idea of the Carry as it has the fully drop down sides on the bed which none of the pickups have.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

I can't provide specific information regarding off pavement use as most here, and there are quite a few, are used as delivery vehicles.

I guess your from Oz. I like the drop down sides as well, many regular pick ups are 1 ton and can be ordered with the the drop down sides, but there is a more than doubling of price between them and a Carry.

If you put heavy duty shocks and a step up in tires you will do just fine; you will need to watch the max payload as no one else will. I would test drive one if possible, they are really small inside.

We looked but decided to stay with the Sporty we had and if the quality is similar the Carry will be a good work horse.

Edited by allcladrad

• 6 months later...

Hi Disting, I realize I'm a little late on this thread but maybe you'll see this.

Just saw a Tata pickup at the dealership in Chiang Mai, on the main highway across from Lotus, with drop down sides and an oversized box. Very interesting and the pickup looks OK too. I thought it was a Toyota at first. I'd look at it for sure if I needed one.

Edited by finner