French Arrested In Pai For Drugs

patpai

Once you managed to get out of Thailand how would would get out of Laos/Malaysia without a passport? Would your Embassay issue you one? Would you be sent back to Thailand?
I knew a German guy in a similar situation who went to Malaysia and the embassy took care of the passport for him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone can do this and think they will get away with it , its illegal and deadly the warning signs are everywhere , you ruin your life and others around you.

Sorry no Pity for drug users you know the rules you know the punishment. I do feel sorry for all the people that have to waste there time helping you.

again, the guy isn't asking for pity either. he's asking for help and advice.

Agreed. If the self centered, self righteous bathroom scribbler don't get it or can't understand it then start a thread about how your miserable, lonely, drunken lives are better than a drug addict's tribulations. I am interested in hearing about how good you really are. And please, don't leave anything out.

From what I gather the OP is a foreign national who has asked for help. He has gotten himself into trouble and while it is real easy to judge a person it is much harder to show compassion. For those with no compassion for drug addicts? This is suppose to be a forum where people show each other respect and help each other. Let's dig deep into that shell.

30-40 years ago, or so, most of us were experimenting freely with such illegal substances and could have easily ended up in his position. Just because we lucked out and have already learned our lesson does not mean that everyone has.

Let those without sin throw the first stone!

Edited by Ulysses G.

How anyone can do this and think they will get away with it , its illegal and deadly the warning signs are everywhere , you ruin your life and others around you.

Sorry no Pity for drug users you know the rules you know the punishment. I do feel sorry for all the people that have to waste there time helping you.

again, the guy isn't asking for pity either. he's asking for help and advice.

thanks you, i was asking for advice about lawyer...not pity, i make the mistake and i assume it, my priority was to give back the caution to my friend,i did it, now i just try to make the best way for me. bye

What would a typical punishment be for .6 grams of heroine? I mean *typical*, not what the law book says. Anyone know? It's obviously a small quantity for personal use. He's not charged with being a drug smuggler or seller.

The law says:

(41)

Section 67 Any person who possesses narcotics of category I without permission and in

quantity computed to be pure substances, or in number of used dosage, or in net weight, that does not

reach the quantity prescribed in Section 15 paragraph three, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of

one year to ten years, or to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht, or to both.

Probably going through the legal process actually would be the appropriate thing to do. Speaking of laws, I thought this forum had laws against discussing the breaking of the law? And loads of people are telling him to run? Interesting.

Right. but the OP states that he is being *CHARGED* with 3.6 Grams. So does being charged with more than 3 grams put you into the trafficing/ distribution tier? Regardless, I agree 100%. Going through the legal process is the appropriate thing to do. I believe the old adage, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" really applies here.

-Mestizo

The others have given you good advice. If you have your passport, get out of here quickly! Be thankful you are out. Do the right thing and pay back the 40,000 to your friend and never mind the laptop and the other 10,000.

i did it allready, that was my priority, and i said help it was advices about lawyers...i don t want to escape, i make a mistake i will face the justice...i don t think i a am a big criminal...i can feel so many pedophile or sexual perverse on this blog... thanks

Sorry, no mercy here Heroin is a No No in my book, my thought you are getting a little bit of what you desever(a wake up call) in the slammer, wise up get help get off the stuff, user SOMETIME become dealers/trafficers and may get the death penalty or life in some countries. Just ask the young UK lady in Laos.

he's not asking for mercy. he's a guy in trouble who is asking for advice.

i am sure you prefer all the perverse who are on this blog...it s better to organise night party whith youg thai...there is no law against this b.....

30-40 years ago, or so, most of us were experimenting freely with such illegal substances and could have easily ended up in his position. Just because we lucked out and have already learned our lesson does not mean that everyone has.

Let those without sin throw the first stone!

What at 49 years of age, and in a country known for its penalties on such experimenting.

I feel sure this guy wasnt experimenting, knew exactly what he was doing, farangs trying to turn another part of Thaialnd in to some druggie nirvana, mai pen rai sabai sabai etc etc.

FYYOYO.

Anyone else find the OP's language a bit strange? A Frenchman trying to communicate in English? Or a native English speaker trying to sound like a Frenchman trying to communicate in English?

Whether his situation is genuine or not, I do not know. But his last 2 posts have me thinking.

Edited by piercefilmlid

i am 49 french tourist, i have been arrested in pai whith 0,6g of heroin, police said 3,6g, i have been jailed in mae hong son prison the 27 and a very good friend from chiang mai bailed me out the 1 june for 40.000 bath, plus 10.000 the lawyer piut in his pocket without receive...i have no family and very little money...this lawyer try to ask me the code of my bank card and keep my ladtop...now i am looking for a lawyer and ask all of you what you think of my case and what i should do, i am completely lost...i want to say also than every body in pai police station and guards of mae hong son prison have been really really good whith me, trying to help me and i want to thank all of them...it is so different of all you can read every where...thanks a lot to tou to help me how you can, patrice

Not a 'Saint' then! More a judgemental pr**k

The others have given you good advice. If you have your passport, get out of here quickly! Be thankful you are out. Do the right thing and pay back the 40,000 to your friend and never mind the laptop and the other 10,000.

i did it allready, that was my priority, and i said help it was advices about lawyers...i don t want to escape, i make a mistake i will face the justice...i don t think i a am a big criminal...i can feel so many pedophile or sexual perverse on this blog... thanks

Advanced trolling needs intelligent thinking.

Yup, this is a troll or this guy belongs in a looney bin.

i am 49 french tourist, i have been arrested in pai whith 0,6g of heroin, police said 3,6g, i have been jailed in mae hong son prison the 27 and a very good friend from chiang mai bailed me out the 1 june for 40.000 bath, plus 10.000 the lawyer piut in his pocket without receive...i have no family and very little money...this lawyer try to ask me the code of my bank card and keep my ladtop...now i am looking for a lawyer and ask all of you what you think of my case and what i should do, i am completely lost...i want to say also than every body in pai police station and guards of mae hong son prison have been really really good whith me, trying to help me and i want to thank all of them...it is so different of all you can read every where...thanks a lot to tou to help me how you can, patrice

if its advice you want....stop messing around on the internet and have it on your toes you pratt, a lawyer is not going to get you very far without any money.. train to malaysia will do it..

BTW <deleted> are you doing with brown up in Pai?

just read your other comments, you are a joke. burn you pratt

Look. You came here asking advise If I was in your shoes I would Follow the advice given above by ekektrifide.

You may not think you are a big Criminal. Unfortunatly it;s Not what YOU think Get out of here Pronto.

I would personaly Crawl for 10 days through the Jungle rarther than face 2 or 3 years in a Thai Jail.

Lost Passport in ????? Up to you Head towards Finstown And Turn Right

Edited by kennkate

Do a search on the bangkok hilton and drugs on you tube. Might be a good education for you as to how the Thais view drug dealers.

I don't think the OP is a dealer.

Maybe not a dealer but if the OP bothers to look he might have 2nd thoughts about hanging around Thailand and might get a few others thinking twice that are stupid enough to take drugs.

After reading all of the replies, I can see why Andrew Drummond referred to the people on Thai visa as "mostly Dorks and Rednecks".

To Patrice, I'm sure it is a lesson you learned in Thailand:

1. Don't get involved with Heroin in Thailand.

2. Don't ever ask anyone on Thai Visa for this kind of help.

After reading all of the replies, I can see why Andrew Drummond referred to the people on Thai visa as "mostly Dorks and Rednecks".

I hope Patrice has learned his lesson and will troll more intelligently next time, although there are still people who believe his silly story.

I hope Patrice has learned his lesson and will troll more intelligently next time, although there are still people who believe his silly story.

lucky dog he was getting heroin. I can only find opium. Some guys have all the luck.

What would a typical punishment be for .6 grams of heroine? I mean *typical*, not what the law book says. Anyone know? It's obviously a small quantity for personal use. He's not charged with being a drug smuggler or seller.

The law says:

(41)

Section 67 Any person who possesses narcotics of category I without permission and in

quantity computed to be pure substances, or in number of used dosage, or in net weight, that does not

reach the quantity prescribed in Section 15 paragraph three, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of

one year to ten years, or to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht, or to both.

Probably going through the legal process actually would be the appropriate thing to do. Speaking of laws, I thought this forum had laws against discussing the breaking of the law? And loads of people are telling him to run? Interesting.

Right. but the OP states that he is being *CHARGED* with 3.6 Grams. So does being charged with more than 3 grams put you into the trafficing/ distribution tier? Regardless, I agree 100%. Going through the legal process is the appropriate thing to do. I believe the old adage, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" really applies here.

-Mestizo

That amount (3.6g) does not constitute trafficking. For first-offense simple possession, the court usually orders a fine rather than imprisonment. The fine is actually relatively low by western court standards, but the lawyer fees are not.

The law says:

(41)

-Mestizo

That amount (3.6g) does not constitute trafficking. For first-offense simple possession, the court usually orders a fine rather than imprisonment. The fine is actually relatively low by western court standards, but the lawyer fees are not.

Response from a family member who is in the field of prosecution of drug crimes in Thailand.

a.) Admit you are an addict, you will be sentenced to rehab for less than a year.

b.) Small amount- fine and 2 years probation.

The Thai jails are full. Like in the west, they do not want to sentence small time users/possessors to jail time.

This is from the mouth of the lead prosecutor from the ONCB just 15 minutes ago.

Fact not fiction.

Sorry but no help from me.I cant believe you only had to pay 40,000 baht bail,very hard to believe.At 49 yo i would have thought you had more sense but heroin is not a drug that keeps any sense in your little brain.

if you havent got your passport i am sure you could get a fake one as you seem to know some dodgy characters,who have deserted you also.

yes i just play to make falke story for fun...i get bail for 40.000 bath only,i think, the real quantity of drug is 0.4g...and i would like to see in ypour little brain to ,it looks so close to people different of you...