Internet Protocol Television (iptv)

nonthaburial

After moving from BKK to Kunming, I registered with the China agency for the Dream network, sadly after the first month, they dropped the Star Sports and ESPN which has resulted in me digging a bit deeper into the systems available here.

I have come across a Shanghai based company that is doing a roaring trade by offering the IPTV systems, they call it multichoice and they have 21 sports channels as well as the usual BBC, CNN etc etc.

Now, is anyone out there using the IPTV systems and how does the quality compare with the usual satellite/cable systems.

All feed back appreciated

No personal experience but the picture quality of the samples they provide would give me a bad case of eyestrain on anything bigger than a 15" screen.

Sounds like a very dodgy operation complete with a Gmail contact address. Feeds must be pirated and could be choked off at any time.

TrueVisions, DSTV Multichoice (SA) and Telkom have no rights to provide IPTV services outside their own countries. And certainly not out of Shanghai.

I think setting that up would be a risky investment and probably not worthwhile. Didn't Dream say the sports channels would be coming back once they had renegotiated their contracts with Star Sports and ESPN?