Grass Thatch

MrWiggle

Anyone know where to buy quality thatch from in the Nakhon nayok, Korat, Pak Chong, Saraburi areas ??

The 7 baht stuff is to thin and cheaply put together, fine for chicken huts and workers quarters !!

But I am looking for the thicker woven stuff and the ones that use the bug resistant backbone that does not see dust raining down on you all night in 3 months time.

A friend has a supplier, but they cannot supply any for some time, so seeking other sources.

All the thatch along hoghway 33 is poor quality.

Cheers

Anyone know where to buy quality thatch from in the Nakhon nayok, Korat, Pak Chong, Saraburi areas ??

The 7 baht stuff is to thin and cheaply put together, fine for chicken huts and workers quarters !!

But I am looking for the thicker woven stuff and the ones that use the bug resistant backbone that does not see dust raining down on you all night in 3 months time.

A friend has a supplier, but they cannot supply any for some time, so seeking other sources.

All the thatch along hoghway 33 is poor quality.

Cheers

I'v been trying to source some good quality thatch and came across an ad in last month's baan lae suan magazine. However, they seem to be a franchise company and the contact here in Bangkok, appears to be a franchisee who, after several emails asking for a pricelist, was told he wanted my company profile before he'd deal with me :)

Gave up with that, but the parent company, palmex international, advertises the product you're looking for - heavy duty thatch, but operate out of Hawaii.

Who is your friend's supplier, and why can they not deliver?

Cannot becuase of the time of year, wet and they are a small backyard maker.

Also someone said a lot of sap in the bamboo this time of year, so attractive to bugs, but these people apparently use the bug resistant variety, so need it.

Might add that also the synthetic thatch or fiber thatch might be an alternative, dependant on cost.

If anyone has the details of supplier for this in Thailand. I had a brochure fromm the company I got from the architect show a few years ago but cannot find it now. Google did not help.

Stop the search !!!

Found my original company.

The website company mentioned above does supply a similar product, different look and at 1700b per sqm.....is a tad expensive for the replacement of traditional thatch and it only lasts 10 years.