Thai Wife Got Paper To Sign Saying She Married Farang

farmerjo

Hi,

Today my wife brought home papers she has to sign saying she is married to a farang.

Without being able to read thai its hard to get to the bottom of this.

From what i can gather is that the goverment think all farang are rich and now should start donating money to the poor people in their areas.

I take it as an extra way for local governments to raise extra revenue at the expense of thai ladies married to farangs.

Does anyone else know anything about this ?

Cheers

Hi,

Today my wife brought home papers she has to sign saying she is married to a farang.

From what i can gather is that the goverment think all farang are rich and now should start donating money to the poor people in their areas.

I take it as an extra way for local governments to raise extra revenue at the expense of thai ladies married to farangs.

Cheers

I think this is a wonderful idea!

What do I get for it?

Citizenship/land rights , Not in this lifetime! :):D

Dave

Hi,

Cheers

I think this is a wonderful idea!

What do I get for it?

Citizenship/land rights , Not in this lifetime! :):D

Dave

Nothing!

Just another push to leave the ship?

Hi,

Cheers

Why not delay filling out the papers?

No pen, don't understand, have not time to do it now, whatever?

Take the time to find out what it is all about, who gave her the papers, and where to deliver?

Get it translated a.s.a.p., then you know what it means.

And react to it as when as you know where it is all about.

Maybe then, publish your findings at ThaiVisa?

If I or the wife gets papers, I want a translation.

Period.

Hi,

Cheers

Take the time to find out what it is all about, who gave her the papers, and where to deliver?

Period.

How about scanning that paper and post it here so some people might be able to shed light on this ??

Hi,

Cheers

Period.

How about scanning that paper and post it here so some people might be able to shed light on this ??

cut and paste on to google.com translate give you a pretty good idea right away

Will try to find out more.

Heading of topic was probably a bit strong :)

Apprently theres meetings organised for the 1st and 3rd of next month at our local amphur phuphaman and a bigger meeting in khon kaen.

It ticks me when you pay taxes here and they want to tell you how to spend your money.

Other than that,a nice place

Just a thought, but I wonder if they are the same papers as our local Police are getting by visiting every felang home?

Fingerprints & photo's too?? A previous post refers.

May be just another way of getting the same info ??

Dave

Thanks bina,

My wife just says one of the meetings is for thais with farang with children from previous thai man.(no idea what will come from this).

Sugarman just came to do contract this year,in the past a id of the wife is ok,this year requires photocopies of marrige to farang along with blue book.

Dave i think you know more about it than me,can you fill us in

My wife just says one of the meetings is for thais with farang with children from previous thai man.(no idea what will come from this).

this is very odd indeed. :)

If you can get a copy of it uploaded then I can ask one of the thai langauge mods to translate it.

Dave i think you know more about it than me,can you fill us in

Hi

And I know very little......

I was refering to the topic of this thread below. It may relate to the same actions, who knows. TIT

I had my first visit in 3 years, a few weeks ago but it was no trouble really.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Foreigners-R...hl=fingerprints

Dave

Never heard of such a thing, could be a scam. It would be wise for her not to sign it until you all can get more info on what's going on even then if me I still would sign it, unless force by written orders, i.e., via Mandatory for visa requirements reasons etc. Sound really strange to me. :)

I gave an interview a couple of weeks ago to a Thai professor who described himself as an anthropologist. He has been carrying out such interviews and gathering data about foreigners married to Thais and their impact on the community.

I wonder if this incident is also a part of such an anthropologitical study?

Is this the FORM? This afternoon a local Government employee rang our front gate and gave this form to my child. I have not yet gotten a translation from my wife, but perhaps a Forum member who has made the effort to learn to read Thai could explain what this form says. Thanks in advance. I live in Buriram Province. The Police have never come by for any reporting procedure, only to sign a patrol box twice a day.

Thai_Government_Farang_Form014.pdf

post-20604-1244963782_thumb.jpg

Kamalabob2 that’s the same form my wife filled out on my behalf in February.

It reads something like this:-

Survey of foreigner

Name

Address

Nationality

How long stayed in Thailand

Health

As the request came from a police officer and was filled in by a public servant who assures me it is a legitimate form I have no problems with providing the information requested.

I was also told this is an across the country thing. It’s a survey updating foreigner locations.

Hi

Thats a different form that was presented to me by a police officer visiting my house.

The one we filled in was about 3 pages and had a space for fingerprints and box to attach a photo.

The form Bob posted looks very unofficial and has no indication of who needs the information and terms

for competion &/or refusal.

Makes one wonder what clown will pick up the info. It might just be some sort of scam !

Dave

I gave an interview a couple of weeks ago to a Thai professor who described himself as an anthropologist. He has been carrying out such interviews and gathering data about foreigners married to Thais and their impact on the community.

I wonder if this incident is also a part of such an anthropologitical study?

If he was an anthropologist I think most of his professional associations require disclosure and intended use in any surveys etc.

This evening my wife spoke with the 600 baht a month salaried "Village health volunteer?" and filed out the simple form. The explanation I was given is that this form was to confirm when I last visited my "Home Country", due to concern of the H1NI flu. We have two nieces who hold a similar position and perform similar tasks in the village. No checking of my passport to see the recent holiday in Mexico. Just kidding!! Really no check of any passport. This person also helps with public health matters and places things in jars of water to kill mosquitoes, check blood pressure of the elderly, etc.. My wife does not watch "The Real Hustle" on English Language Television.

The text is not very clear. Educated Thais are generally much better at reading text like this. The below translation may contain errors as I had to squint quite a bit. Corrections are welcome.

Anyway, just to get the ball rolling:

Form for foreigners staying in the province of Buriram

Name ...

Age ... years

Address ....

Country of residence .....

History of exiting and entering the country (for how long do you stay abroad) ....

Time of stay in Thailand .....

Last time you travelled out of the country (please specify the dates and to which foreign location you travelled) ....

First name / Last name ...... of the person surveyed

[illegible]

Date

------

Is this the FORM? This afternoon a local Government employee rang our front gate and gave this form to my child. I have not yet gotten a translation from my wife, but perhaps a Forum member who has made the effort to learn to read Thai could explain what this form says. Thanks in advance. I live in Buriram Province. The Police have never come by for any reporting procedure, only to sign a patrol box twice a day.

I have good permanent storage\Filing for that kind of form's called trash bin.

only thing what we are gequred to do now from the goverment side is report every 90days for immigration(if one is here non immigrant or recidency permit,as far i know) and other than that i would nto fill in any locel made forms.

If it's Survay, tha is not mandatory to fill in, of it goes to bin if i ever got one, so far non in this direction

I have good permanent storage\Filing for that kind of form's called trash bin.

only thing what we are gequred to do now from the goverment side is report every 90days for immigration(if one is here non immigrant or recidency permit,as far i know) and other than that i would nto fill in any locel made forms.

If it's Survay, tha is not mandatory to fill in, of it goes to bin if i ever got one, so far non in this direction

It is also required that the houseowner or Landlord or you report your address and any change of address.