Do Thai People Have The Biggest "face" In Asia?

chuchok

I used to be involved in a business that had dealings with mainly Asian nations.

All business was conducted mainly the "Asian way" whereby there was very little conflict and was always extremely polite compared with dealing with Western nations wher you could be alot more direct .

The concept of face was always to the fore and sometimes it was very difficult to get a definitive 'no' in many situations.

I personally found that the S'poreans were the hardest to deal with as they were NEVER EVER wrong, whereas the Hong Kong Chinese would at least listen.

I would be interested in other peoples perceptions or experiences in dealing with Asian nations. :o

The title (abbreviated) on the front page caught my curiosity.  Peps?  Is that Thai Pepsi, Thai mammary paps, Thai penises?  Oh, it's Thai people and the size of their FACE!  Well, the Tai Yai have big round faces, and many have a flat nose.

people old man,people. :o

Oh, I figured that out after a while (before I posted) but other folks around here seem to go for the double ee, such as 'peeps' although you could do 'peops'

The title (abbreviated) on the front page caught my curiosity.  Peps?  Is that Thai Pepsi, Thai mammary paps, Thai penises?  Oh, it's Thai people and the size of their FACE!  Well, the Tai Yai have big round faces, and many have a flat nose.

people old man,people. :D

Oh, I figured that out after a while (before I posted) but other folks around here seem to go for the double ee, such as 'peeps' although you could do 'peops'

Yep, your probably 100% correct. I have just hit myself rather hard between the eyes for doing that! :o

Edited by chuchok

I personally found that the S'poreans were the hardest to deal with as they were NEVER EVER wrong, whereas the Hong Kong Chinese would at least listen.

My main Thai interactions are with my Thai wife. She is NEVER EVER wrong. Occassionly she is a little less correct than me, but she is NEVER wrong. :D:o

My main Thai interactions are with my Thai wife. She is NEVER EVER wrong. Occassionly she is a little less correct than me, but she is NEVER wrong. :D:o

Agree, but in busines the S'poreans were as hard as steel.At least the Thais will listen to your argument etc. :D

Agree, but in busines the S'poreans were as hard as steel.At least the Thais will listen to your argument etc. :o

Lived in Thailand for 5 yrs, just left, dealt with all the close regions..

Hard as steel? or just pigheaded morons? :D I found the Singaporeans to be totally untrusting of everyone, specially each other (mainly chinese) so it takes quite some time and a few visits to gain their trust, then its all about profit margins, eating lunch on company money, and not letting you know when things are bad! LOL.

Thais, well I never had any problems with them, mainly because I read between the lines, and I took all the generalisations I had heard over the years about thais, and believed them, and they all eventually came true in one way or another, but I was expecting it at the time, and it worked great for me!

Not much to do with HK face to face, but have not had any problem with them business wise, they pay they get their gear. They do like to be very specific about things and love to have heaps of propaganda (IE brochures, reviews telling everyone how good the shit is etc).

Malaysia ended up being my favourite place, easy to deal with, great laid back nature when doing business, and the place has everything you could want. They will talk to you and with you about anything pretty much, and are very open minded compared to say Singapore or Thailand. My experiences anyway!

Agree, but in busines the S'poreans were as hard as steel.At least the Thais will listen to your argument etc. :D

Lived in Thailand for 5 yrs, just left, dealt with all the close regions..

Hard as steel? or just pigheaded morons? :D I found the Singaporeans to be totally untrusting of everyone, specially each other (mainly chinese) so it takes quite some time and a few visits to gain their trust, then its all about profit margins, eating lunch on company money, and not letting you know when things are bad! LOL.

Christ, this reminds me so much of our Sales Manager (who is Singaporian). Okay, I'm tech, he's sales, so historically we've both got different agendas. But man, some of the absolute, half-baked twaddle I read in his emails. And, of course, he can't be faulted. :o

In my (limited) experience...

1. Japanese

2. Korean

3. Chinese

4. Singaporean

5. Thai

6. Malaysian

Maybe the face issue with Thais is not so much of a problem with me as I've lived and worked with them more than the other countries, so perhaps I've learnt to deal with (and around) it better. :o

In my (limited) experience...

1. Japanese

2. Korean

3. Chinese

4. Singaporean

5. Thai

6. Malaysian

Maybe the face issue with Thais is not so much of a problem with me as I've lived and worked with them more than the other countries, so perhaps I've learnt to deal with (and around) it better.  :o

From my experience :

1. Japanese

2. Korean

3. Chinese

4. Singaporean

5. Taiwanese

6. Philippinos

7. Indians

8. Thai

9. Malaysian

My main Thai interactions are with my Thai wife. She is NEVER EVER wrong. Occassionly she is a little less correct than me, but she is NEVER wrong.  :D  :o

ha! sounds very familiar !~ especially the usage of word NEVER ! is it a national trend, or at least among the females here?

about biggest face.... chinese I think more fussy about it.