Football In Hd?

Jared

Is there anyway to get HD Premier league football in Thailand? I have UBC and currently I dont think its possible, although around 6 months ago im sure there were some adverts going across the screen in Thai that had the Letters HD in there. Is it to soon for UBC to start broadcasting next season and if they plan to would they of told us by now?

Are there any alternative satellites that broadcast in HD that are available?

I know another option is to try a sling box on a HD system back in the UK. Although im more than happy to get the box set up back home, pay the subscription etc. I think sky also do a deal with an 8mb broadband line. Im not so confident of being able to recieve the signal here in Thailand. Ive currently got a 4mb TOT line which sucks, I think i get a maximum speed of 1.5mb. Im going to be getting a busness TT&T connection in my office so maybe that would be good enough? Id also want to watch it on a large Lcd and not my laptop, I have a HDMI output on my laptop but if possible Id like to bypass the laptop. I think some of the newer samsungs maybe have this capability.

I just dont see the point of splashing out the current prices of the HD tvs if I cant get the football. Movies are fine to watch but its the football I really want.

Slingbox can get you your HD content from a TV connection, but it won't be streamed to you in HD.

See here:

Using a Slingbox SOLO, or a Slingbox PRO with the Sling Media HD Connect product, you can watch your HD-only content anywhere. Just be aware that this content streams via a high-quality standard definition stream, not in a high definition stream.

I don't know so I ask you guys, will the below announcement affect TrueSports coverage next year seeing as ESPN and True don't seem to get along that well when it comes to football?

The Premier League has sold the TV rights for 46 of its games next season to ESPN, the sports network owned by American media giant Disney. ESPN is understood to have paid around £90m to screen those matches after the previous rights-holder, Setanta, failed to make a £10m payment on Friday.

Setanta had paid £130m a year for the same rights but it is thought that the League has already received around £40m in downpayments for the 2009-10 season from the Irish pay-TV company.

ESPN also won the rights to 23 games in each of the three seasons from 2010-11 after a hastily arranged auction, although it is unclear at present how much it paid.

ESPN has signed a distribution deal with Sky, which will make its Premier League games available to Sky subscribers, who will have to pay extra to watch the games, although ESPN emphasised they will also be screened on other ­platforms, including cable.

The Premier League's chief executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "The Premier League is extremely pleased to have added ESPN as a UK rights holder. They have a formidable worldwide reputation and experience in sports and I am sure we will enjoy a long and fruitful relationship with them."