Baan Chaweng (beach Resort & Spa)

Hi all,

We were going to book this place for a 2 week stay last week July / first week August, for myself, wife & child plus my parents (who are realtively youthful). Otherwise we were looking at Chaweng Villa, but this place looks like it may be "new" or at least "newer". I think this place has been there for ages, but has been recently renovated?

Anyway - just wondering if anyone would be able to recommend it or say don't touch it with a barge pole......

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

We were going to book this place for a 2 week stay last week July / first week August, for myself, wife & child plus my parents (who are realtively youthful). Otherwise we were looking at Chaweng Villa, but this place looks like it may be "new" or at least "newer". I think this place has been there for ages, but has been recently renovated?

Anyway - just wondering if anyone would be able to recommend it or say don't touch it with a barge pole......

Many thanks in advance.

Haven't stayed there for two years now (because I moved to Phuket) but used to stay on a regular basis, definitely worthwhile and no complaints. Great location, good facilities etc.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

Haven't stayed there for two years now (because I moved to Phuket) but used to stay on a regular basis, definitely worthwhile and no complaints. Great location, good facilities etc.

Thanks for the that - yeah the reviews seem quite good, but being the skeptic I am I thought it best check with some T.V. folk, who tend to have realistic expectations realtive to Thailand.

Many thanks again.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

I would recommend First bungalow in south Chaweng for a good family stay.

Have two beaches, Chaweng and Chawehng Noi (Little Chaweng)

Google Earth

It's not in the center but 2km spouth from main street, chaweng and 6 km away from Lamai.

Edited by PoorSucker

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

I certainly could not say I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. I checked in there four years previous and didnt enjoy it too much but to be fair I havnt seen what improvements they have made to thier rooms n would say, as you may already be aware, that the hotel is within spitting distance of Soi Green Mango, Burger King etc. You mentioned you will be arriving with Child, Wife and Grandparents in which case I agree with others that there are more suitable locations (ie Chaweng Noi) to stay. On the other hand if you may wish to have easy access to nightlife after family have called it a night then Baan Chaweng is set in a suitable location.

I agree with some of the other posters - I wouldn't stay in Chaweng with a family. Have you thought about staying in Bophut or Cheong Mon instead?

You can always get a bus into Chaweng if you fancy some partying.

I was walking along the beach in Chaweng the other day and although it is a beautiful view I was a little disgusted with the amount of rubbish in the sand. The whole place is littered with beer bottle caps - not too safe for litle kids to play in if you ask me.

The sea water at that part of Chaweng is low, so good for small children. Many restaurants, shops and entertainment places are nearby.

Baan Chaweng is ok in that price range, but others over there would be too. OP can change very easy, if he did not book all in advance.

There are no public buses here, but local and expensive "taximeter" taxis.

If one prefers to stay on Chaweng or Lipa Noi or wherever is purely a matter of taste.

First the hotel Baan Chaweng is great. I think I have stayed there 3 times now, over the last 3 years and all times it was great.

Took a bungalow that runs down the center on the first 2 occasions and last time one of the new bigger bungalows that they built in the extension.

Rooms are not 5* but they are decent enough and good value for money.

Pool is small (compared to others along that it of beach) but does have enough room. Big resturant, good breakfast big selection. Entertainment on some evenings. Bit of beach with private loungers and a very easy walk to the nightlife of Chaweng.

Ig you just want to stay in Chanweng and walk around in the evenings and enjoy the beach in the day then this is a great location which avoids the taxis to get from your hotel to someone for dinner. You can just walk everywhere in 5-10mins.

When we go back and stay in Samui, we will probably stay here again, and yes we are also a small family.