Hotels With Internet

billrussell

Hi Guys -

I plan to visit Pattaya in March for a month or so, and need Broadband in my room (Wired preferred) - Not too expensive...

I have a internet phone, so I can then conduct my business, as anybody could call me like a local call -

Do any of you have any ideas?

You may have a problem there.

I find very few hotels even have a dial up connection as the phone goes through the operator.

However of course most hotels have BB internet downstairs. You can LAN your laptop to any of these.

Temp dial up is very cheap too, and a local call is 3 or 5 baht unlimited.

I think Nova Hotel and residence advertises internet in every room. They don't say what type.

PS - This is not to be confused with Nove Lodge which is crap.

Hi Guys -

I plan to visit Pattaya in March for a month or so, and need Broadband in my room (Wired preferred) - Not too expensive...

I have a internet phone, so I can then conduct my business, as anybody could call me like a local call -

Do any of you have any ideas?

You may have a problem there.

I find very few hotels even have a dial up connection as the phone goes through the operator.

However of course most hotels have BB internet downstairs. You can LAN your laptop to any of these.

Temp dial up is very cheap too, and a local call is 3 or 5 baht unlimited.

I think Nova Hotel and residence advertises internet in every room. They don't say what type.

PS - This is not to be confused with Nove Lodge which is crap.

Thanx for the Info - My internet phone requires 64KB of up/down speed, so Dialup will not work. Do have any idea what the Nova charges in March?

Thanx

Room rates and details are at this address.

http://www.novaparkpattaya.com/RoomRate.asp

I use Skype for internet phoning, it's free to other Skype users and you can set up a pre-pay dialing service that charges at local rates for international calls. I use this on my dial-up connection with head set and the sound quality is SUPERB, much better than any phone.

the only problem with dial-up is you sometimes get a delay.

Skype is free to download and use, they only charge for international dialing to ordinary phones.

my friend in Spain uses it for conference calls etc and reckons it has saved him 1000s of Euros ...