Strobist Shots With The S2 Is

51NAH

:) Glad you like it!

True "strobist" photos are taken with off camera flash/flashes (as I understand it. For this particular type of shot google "strobist water"). I couldn't do that due to lack of gear but setup a similar shot.

Its simply an extreme closeup of water dripping into a black bowl, the colour on the water is a reflection of the backdrop behind the bowl - in this case my gf's sunlounger!! LOL I used a syringe to drip the water into the bowl, the camera set to take a series of shots.

It took me a while to get the angles right but very happy with the results.

Dan

BTW these shots have only had a light crop and minor PP such as shadows/ mild saturation. The star on the water drop is part of the shot.

post-67096-1244976443_thumb.jpg

post-67096-1244976466_thumb.jpg

Edited by 51NAH

Nice photos '51NAH',

Thank you.

My photos are on Pbase dot Com and found this member

Water drops

now that is an eye opener for all of us.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :)

Thanks for the link, Irenes work is absolutely amazing!!

Has given me lots of things to try :D

Cool pics 51NAH. I will explore this technique soon. I took a few test shots using motion detection for water drops a while ago. Can't find the images now though. Defiantly something I'm going to delve a little deeper into soon.

Good link with some nice shots, I was thinking of doing a smoke shot similar to the one on that page for the 'Clouds' challenge.

The link is also a great source for ideas and inspiration how different 'Challenges' can be interpreted and presented. :)

Edited by lordsux