Health Insurance

stevenw29

I am planning to move to thailand soon...my wife and i are both 60 years old...she is thai i am from the u.s. After reading any posts about health insurance and looking into different ads on this web site it looks to me that the only way you can be insured if your under 59and 1/2 and its only good up to age 64 and 1/2...

What happens when your over 64 ??? does that mean you have to go with out health insurance CANanyone tell me if there is a company in thailand that sells health insurance for people over the age of 64 and 1/2..... I really don,t like the idea of living there and having no health insurance...At this age this this is the time you really need it...

thanks.....stevenw

I am planning to move to thailand soon...my wife and i are both 60 years old...she is thai i am from the u.s. After reading any posts about health insurance and looking into different ads on this web site it looks to me that the only way you can be insured if your under 59and 1/2 and its only good up to age 64 and 1/2...

What happens when your over 64 ??? does that mean you have to go with out health insurance CANanyone tell me if there is a company in thailand that sells health insurance for people over the age of 64 and 1/2..... I really don,t like the idea of living there and having no health insurance...At this age this this is the time you really need it...

thanks.....stevenw

There are a quite a few UK British health insurance companies that can provide international health insurance even above the age of 60 and by UK law they cannot dump you when you get too old. You can pay premiums in USD, GBP or Euro and the benefits are designated in the same currency as your premiums. Also other European companies provide similar policies. Go and see a good insurance broker or do some internet research. I live in Thailand but do not trust the local Thai companies so have gone for an 'international health policy'. Maybe a bit more expensive but it's your life after all. You can buy these policies in Thailand or anywhere in the world.

thanks.....stevenw

As you are a Thai Visa Member, may we suggest you use the Thai Visa broker service? This is a reliable independent Brokerage service with no cost to members :)

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form