My Manager Say..im Here For Holiday Not For Work.

TaiTaihkt66

I'm thai work for farang company in Phuket. I'm working with them for 3 years for now. I'm love my job and really enjoy to work with them, nice company and im so proud about that.

But this season my manager have to leave. And i got a new manager. Well, she start to work a couple week ago. We was talking and it make me wonder when she said.. "I'm here for holiday not for work,I have enough money and planing to see Asia or Australia"...

I feel bad when i hear about that. Is not fair for many of them look for the job and really want to work. But however that the company decide.

Some of farang working here could you advice me how should i do in this situation. Should i have to care about her or just ignore it but i cant, because anyway she is a manager. I don't know how good she is because she just start to work only 2 weeks.

Or how many farang working here with this reason.."I'm the manager but I'm here for holiday not for work"

Confuse.....

Edited by TaiTaihkt66

I think farang in Phuket operate much the same anyone as anywhere else: some people work hard, others hardly work. Looks like you perhaps got stuck with the latter. One has to wonder her motivation for telling her staff such a thing.

Maybe she was just joking? Try not to base your judgment on her words only. Does she perform well at work, or does she slack off?

If indeed she turns out to be a flaky manager, perhaps you could tell her the same: "I'm here for holiday, not for work" and go find another job.

I think your manager probably means that she is here for the lifestyle and experience, the same as most of the farang who choose to live and work here. Salaries here for farang are low compared to other parts of the world, and getting a work permit is not easy.

I'm thai work for farang company in Phuket. I'm working with them for 3 years for now. I'm love my job and really enjoy to work with them, nice company and im so proud about that.

But this season my manager have to leave. And i got a new manager. Well, she start to work a couple week ago. We was talking and it make me wonder when she said.. "I'm here for holiday not for work,I have enough money and planing to see Asia or Australia"...

I feel bad when i hear about that. Is not fair for many of them look for the job and really want to work. But however that the company decide.

Some of farang working here could you advice me how should i do in this situation. Should i have to care about her or just ignore it but i cant, because anyway she is a manager. I don't know how good she is because she just start to work only 2 weeks.

Or how many farang working here with this reason.."I'm the manager but I'm here for holiday not for work"

Confuse.....

It is a British saying: "I'm only ere for the beer!"?

Or it's a troll. :)

I don't think it's a troll. IMO

I like saneroad's answer #2 above.

There's good and bad people everywhere.

or else she just made a comment that she didn't think about the consequences of what she is said.

OP don't worry too much about this, her foreign bosses will catch on quickly enough if she is not producing and she'll be gone.