Male Fertility Test In Pattaya

Mamboking

Dear friends,

could you suggest please the hospital for male fertility test in Pattaya other from Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital?

We are trying to have baby, but no results, notwithstanding we are not smoking and almost not drinking.

That's why I would like to pass such test. Any recomendations?

Dear friends,

could you suggest please the hospital for male fertility test in Pattaya other from Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital?

We are trying to have baby, but no results, notwithstanding we are not smoking and almost not drinking.

Sorry Mamboking I don't know where the best hospital for tests are but I do know about the following, because we have been through it.

Has your partner done an ovulation test yet, a kit is easy to buy and use and will establish if your partner is actually ovulating.

The semen test (usually more than one test is required, I had 4) will prove the volume of semen produced, the total amount of sperm, viable sperm count (strong swimmers, versus those chasing their tales, malformed sperm and of course, the dead ones) a good viable count would be around 20 million, depending on your age.

If the semen test is OK and your partner is actually ovulating then the next step may be to have an x ray test on her uterus and fallopian tubes.

This is a simple but uncomfortable (for some) procedure where contrast liquid is injected into the uterus under pressure (an inflatable balloon placed in the cervix stops the liquid coming out) and a series of x rays are taken to determine if one or both of the tubes are open.

This test is not always conclusive and sometimes keyhole surgery is required for a conclusive diagnosis on any problems with her reproductive system.

This second test (keyhole surgery) is done under local anesthetic, one hole is cut in the navel (belly button) another in the abdomen and gas is injected into the cavity via a steel tube to lift the abdominal wall so the surgeon can see inside via the camera.

A blue dye is injected into the uterus (same as previous procedure but the dye is blue and no need for x rays) this enables the surgeon to see if the dye travels up the tubes and into the ovaries. Colour pics are taken ( we still have ours :) ) and tubes and ovaries are inspected before the steel tubes are removed and a couple of stitches are inserted.

A diagnosis of any problems is or was in our case instant, (1 blocked tube) but each case varies.

I have no idea what the costs are in Thailand, if your wife is Thai, it may be free but in the UK unless on the NHS these tests would add up to around £8,000 or more.

Best of luck to you both. :D

Dear friends,

Sorry Mamboking I don't know where the best hospital for tests are but I do know about the following, because we have been through it.

Has your partner done an ovulation test yet, a kit is easy to buy and use and will establish if your partner is actually ovulating.

The semen test (usually more than one test is required, I had 4) will prove the volume of semen produced, the total amount of sperm, viable sperm count (strong swimmers, versus those chasing their tales, malformed sperm and of course, the dead ones) a good viable count would be around 20 million, depending on your age.

If the semen test is OK and your partner is actually ovulating then the next step may be to have an x ray test on her uterus and fallopian tubes.

This is a simple but uncomfortable (for some) procedure where contrast liquid is injected into the uterus under pressure (an inflatable balloon placed in the cervix stops the liquid coming out) and a series of x rays are taken to determine if one or both of the tubes are open.

This test is not always conclusive and sometimes keyhole surgery is required for a conclusive diagnosis on any problems with her reproductive system.

This second test (keyhole surgery) is done under local anesthetic, one hole is cut in the navel (belly button) another in the abdomen and gas is injected into the cavity via a steel tube to lift the abdominal wall so the surgeon can see inside via the camera.

A blue dye is injected into the uterus (same as previous procedure but the dye is blue and no need for x rays) this enables the surgeon to see if the dye travels up the tubes and into the ovaries. Colour pics are taken ( we still have ours :) ) and tubes and ovaries are inspected before the steel tubes are removed and a couple of stitches are inserted.

A diagnosis of any problems is or was in our case instant, (1 blocked tube) but each case varies.

I have no idea what the costs are in Thailand, if your wife is Thai, it may be free but in the UK unless on the NHS these tests would add up to around £8,000 or more.

Best of luck to you both. :D

Thanks a lot for this information!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Sperm count is not very expensive and for that reason is often the first test done in work-up for fertility problems. A few thousand baht max. If it comes back normal then more costly tests involving the woman would be next.

See this thread (although allow for inflation re prices mentioned)

as to where in Pattaya, that's a problem, as there isn't much to choose from there in terms of hospitals. I'd suggest you go to Sri Racha, either Phyathai or Samitivej.