New Police Scam - Got Set Up Today

Tokay

they are desperate, they have been taking girls off beach road at night to try and get cash but now they have scared them all away so I guess farang are next

Funny you should say that, I went to McDonalds last night around 1am and watched the BIB round up another big group of street girls. They were literally jumping off bikes and out of trucks and chasing them down on foot. Sad really. I mean honestly, what bother are those girls doing at 1am?

They're keeping all those "quality tourists" away. How the heck is Pattaya ever going to become the rich kids' playground if cute girls hang around by the beach making themselves available for a bit of fun? (he said, sarcastically)

I KNOW TiT, etc.; and this thread initiated as a discussion of absolutely clear extortion by the police; BUT ... what "legal" reason do they have for picking up girls who are walking or sitting along the beach? If the girls are not actually propositioning someone, or exhibiting lewd behavior, what's the charge? There is no curfew, is there? Why can't a Thai girl walk or sit by the beach? :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is really disgusting! It's one thing for the police to "favor" Thais in disputes, or to fail to enforce laws. But this is out and out fraud. The officer involved should be both fired, and prosecuted. ... But ... TiT! :D:)

I usually have pretty thick skin and let the little issues roll off my back, trying to stay out of everyones way and not cause any problems. But this one was just over the top and uncalled for.

Now that you posted it here ,I am cynical enough to believe you will NOT be able to get a video or photo. They will be watching for it after being warned.

"Comedy in Uniform in Pattaya" reigns supreme.

I also have a feeling that maybe the 'local' media wouldn't do much anyway they seem to have a particular agenda to mention Certain Officers names ( I am trying to think of the last time I saw a Police Lt.Colonel in the street arresting anyone ) & only in a favorable light. If you fluke a video go straight to You Tube. IMO

We gotta get Jerry Springer to Pattaya

:D

I remember the trouble that happened ten years or so ago when a BBK news TV crew candidly filmed a shakedown by the BiB the toll booths on a Tollway, the footage was shown on the news, A few hours later during the next live news broadcast the studio was invaded by junior offices blaming it on senior officers, eventually the trail of dirty money was traced all the way to government ministers.

Best bet is if you get the opportunity to candidly film a shakedown is to put it on U-Tube, then send letter to the mayor offering to remove it for a sizeable donation to your benevolent fund at a Swiss numbered bank account. :)

Tokay, thanks for the warning. That is one shity scam they are pulling. The lack of other

ways to fleece falangs must be drying up with all the economic problems we are seeing.

Look forward to seeing a video, if you can put one together.

Just out of curiosity, did you speak Thai with the Police? They will sometimes back down if you

do, simply because then they feel you know what is going on if you do.

I was wondering...........where went the girl after you got fined?

Next time this happens..........and if it's a nice gal..........take her straight on the mouth in front of the police. It's will cost ya THB 400 but I may be a great kiss, and the police can't blame you of "abusing" a woman, because you know her and she was already on your bike.

Thank for the warning, nice scam, you did the right thing in keeping your cool as well as you did, seem as if the hooker(more than likely his Mai Noi) is working with the lousy cop, he has dreamed up this little scam to pay her rent so she want have to sleep with a farang and have more good time for him<(just my thought)<, yes by all mean expose this scam, seem as if the local police station chief don't give a dam, so when the :):D he will be OFF to an inactive post, to bad the sorry you know what will get the same pay. :D:D:D:D

Ditch the motorcycle. :D

Ride the baht bus. :D

You won't have any such problems! :)

OK, I am only joking. Whenever someone posts a problem with riding baht buses, someone always comes back with buy your own vehicle, just as silly ...

This kind of scam gives Pattaya an even worse name.

Edited by Jingthing

I thought only the driver on a motorbike was required to wear a helmet :)

True in Cambodia but not here. At least I don't think so, but then it's up to them anyway.

When I was stopped (wearing cap) with Thai GF on the back with no cap, she got the ticket and not me. He wouldn't accept 200 and it cost her 400 in the station (same as farang) so, yes, why did the driver get a ticket - for what?

Always been the rule elsewhere that the driver wears a helmet. Has someone changed the rules? Or is it all part of the scam?

Disgusting scam by the way.

Makes you wonder what will be next?

You won't have any such problems! :D

OK, I am only joking. Whenever someone posts a problem with riding baht buses, someone always comes back with buy your own vehicle, just as silly ...

After a quick flick through You tube on Pattaya , don't think that is possible

:)

We gotta get Jerry Springer to Pattaya

Nah. Geraldo Rivera has much more credibility. ... Then again, if we could get Obama to do it, BINGO! Most people seem willing to believe EVERYTHING he says, even when there's video, documentation, and historical evidence to disprove it!

By the way, everybody seems willing to leave this to Tokay; who might well be recognized by that s.o.b. cop. Any of you who frequent the area, and have a decent video camera, could go there, and get the evidence; with less likelihood of being "made" by the cop or his stooge girl.

This is not entrapment or fraud..

This is called EXTORSION and a complete criminal abuse of power.

I remember a few years back the po po said they had a number to call to report thugs like this. (most likely a unplugged phone in a empty office )

I would You Tube it and send copies to the head honcho's in Bangkok. I would also send copies to CBS News, BBC News, ABC News, every single one of 'em.

This type of shit is bad. Very bad.

I think the provincial government for Chonburi is the main potential force of enforcement against internal Pattaya corruption. Within Pattaya, its pretty much all mafia, from the top down to the moto taxi boys ... its really sickening, isn't it?

The useless response of the TOURIST POLICE was icing on the cake for this story. What are they there for?

Edited by Jingthing

dear tokey,

when you were talking about a set up. i was just on the opposite side of the road when all was happening. that police truck that you saw was actually of some old retired police officer which is know all over town that he parks his car just anywere he wants to.

about the police man who had cought you yesterday, well it seemed like that he was over acting on everyone.

normaly he just sits and looks at the girls drive around and stop them only to get their phone numbers(maybe)

but as said he was fit like an american bull yesterday and just cought everyone he has thought or has seen doing something wrong.

(point of this, it is half year now and the officers have to show good work now. if they do not catch enought wrongdoers, then they will loose their spot or worse being moved away to some other police station.)

the girl was not a set up, as she disappeard soon after. she just played her game at the wrong time and place.

;)think of it as a laugh, you are in thailand in the land of smiles. :)

they are desperate, they have been taking girls off beach road at night to try and get cash but now they have scared them all away so I guess farang are next

Funny you should say that, I went to McDonalds last night around 1am and watched the BIB round up another big group of street girls. They were literally jumping off bikes and out of trucks and chasing them down on foot. Sad really. I mean honestly, what bother are those girls doing at 1am?

They're keeping all those "quality tourists" away. How the heck is Pattaya ever going to become the rich kids' playground if cute girls hang around by the beach making themselves available for a bit of fun? (he said, sarcastically)

I KNOW TiT, etc.; and this thread initiated as a discussion of absolutely clear extortion by the police; BUT ... what "legal" reason do they have for picking up girls who are walking or sitting along the beach? If the girls are not actually propositioning someone, or exhibiting lewd behavior, what's the charge? There is no curfew, is there? Why can't a Thai girl walk or sit by the beach? :)

there is no legal reason, thats why thai people have no respect for them, they are parasites

OK maybe this will make you feel better.

A few years ago near that intersection I came down the soi and was turning onto Beach Rd. My motobike had a good grip on rear of seat for putting on the stand. Anyway I was looking for traffic up Beach Rd so I could pull out. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a ladyboy decending to rear of my motobike. I could feel the LB grip the hand grip on back of seat. I then sped up and could hear the high heel shoes clacking on the pavement. I went extremely fast and could see in my rear view mirror the LB bust their ass. A great satisfaction came over me.

Now you have warned us and I will be looking for this type of scam. I will now drive off if able to prevent such an occurance.

Thank You Very BIG

You won't have any such problems! :)

Tokay this is sound advice!

:D Whoa.. what a scam, sucks for you tho.

I have seen similar ones go down in Pattaya. This one is realy creative. :D

Maybe give the video to the Red shirt station!

If you do make a video be cautious hidden camera stuff. If they actualy caught you makeing a video it could get very nasty :D

This is not entrapment or fraud..

This is called EXTORSION and a complete criminal abuse of power.

I remember a few years back the po po said they had a number to call to report thugs like this. (most likely a unplugged phone in a empty office )

I would You Tube it and send copies to the head honcho's in Bangkok. I would also send copies to CBS News, BBC News, ABC News, every single one of 'em.

This type of shit is bad. Very bad.

Yep my thoughts exactly

Well said

OK maybe this will make you feel better.

A few years ago near that intersection I came down the soi and was turning onto Beach Rd. My motobike had a good grip on rear of seat for putting on the stand. Anyway I was looking for traffic up Beach Rd so I could pull out. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a ladyboy decending to rear of my motobike. I could feel the LB grip the hand grip on back of seat. I then sped up and could hear the high heel shoes clacking on the pavement. I went extremely fast and could see in my rear view mirror the LB bust their ass. A great satisfaction came over me.

Now you have warned us and I will be looking for this type of scam. I will now drive off if able to prevent such an occurance.

Thank You Very BIG

:D

thinking more on that day,it took quite a long time untill he came to you and gave you a ticket.

but i nearly did not trust my ears when he was able to comunicate with you in english.

it is really hard to find police officers talking english. they mostly fiddle around and make silly noises