Hi, my wife has been offered a share in a new Tin dredging operation.

The other 2 partners are senior members in the Indonisian and Thai Army's (Thai army general is a friend of my wife).

Basic set-up from what I can understand is that the Thai side provide the vessel and manpower, whilst Indonisian side provide area and permits.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of business and could help point out the major aspects - both good and bad, as I have no knowledge at all of this type of operation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you dredging for tin that has been lost due to a ship carrying it sinking ? I thought tin was mined not dredged. I believe different laws would apply if you were salvaging tin ?

Just found these links

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/...navuser=1132488

http://www.mine.mn/Placer_Stockfile_Berjuntai_Tin.htm

http://www.mine.mn/Placer_Stockfile_Berjuntai_Tin.htm

The graph on the third link doesn't look too healthy ? :) Seems you can mine it from dredging. You learn something new every day!

The other 2 partners are senior members in the Indonisian and Thai Army's (Thai army general is a friend of my wife).

Basic set-up from what I can understand is that the Thai side provide the vessel and manpower, whilst Indonisian side provide area and permits.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of business and could help point out the major aspects - both good and bad, as I have no knowledge at all of this type of operation.

Thanks

Sorry for sounding very cynical, but from a business point of view this looks a little suspect as a deal.

1. Typically Thai's and Indonesians dont get along too well and if the concession is in indonesia somewhere, pretty sure the indonesian side would be looking to keep all "goodies" in house if you know what I mean, as labour costs and vessels are just a cheap, if not cheaper than Thailand, why venture out looking for oversea's partners, and generally high ranking army officials in SEA are usually not short of cash

2. It appears that all the risk (read cash) of this venture is on the Thai side ie vessel and man power and the Indonesian end is mearly providing pieces of paper which may or may not be legimate.

My Thoughts...

Thanks

Sorry for sounding very cynical, but from a business point of view this looks a little suspect as a deal.

1. Typically Thai's and Indonesians dont get along too well and if the concession is in indonesia somewhere, pretty sure the indonesian side would be looking to keep all "goodies" in house if you know what I mean, as labour costs and vessels are just a cheap, if not cheaper than Thailand, why venture out looking for oversea's partners, and generally high ranking army officials in SEA are usually not short of cash

2. It appears that all the risk (read cash) of this venture is on the Thai side ie vessel and man power and the Indonesian end is mearly providing pieces of paper which may or may not be legimate.

My Thoughts...

My thoughts at first were the same but seems there is some sharing going on between the 2 that cannot be done by only one party.

Anyway cannot say more on that due to TV rules but agree that the front money must come from Thai side.

However cannot see how that would benifit Indonesia as they get no money directly, all monies are shared based on any recovered profits.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,Robert,

I am the direct person who are now working for this type of business and I can share the idea from your side or we can do something in business I am still doing the samething between thai -Indonesia and

I am also doing as translator for indonesian language in thailand interested person please call me HP.0874733040

Email: [email protected] Mr.Wan

Thanks,