Bangkok To Xiamen City Any Budget Airlines?

driedshrimp

i might be wrong, but i had a look on air asia and it looks like they have stopped flying this route?

Yes..Air Asia..I went from BKK to Xiamen ( about) 4 hour 30 min flight...air asia is fine..cost for me 2 years ago was about 11,000 Baht return, or $330 dollars Canadian..

Might try Air Asia, they occasionally hve cheap fares to that location.

they have stopped flying to Xiamen long long time ago.....

actually, all budget airlines have suspended flights to XMN (TIGER stopped flying from SIN as well).

if you are not willing to pay full fare (Thai Air does have some Promotions for intra-Asian-flights at the moment, did you check them?),

there would be another chance to fly to Shenzhen or Guangzhou by AirAsia and then connect to a domestic flight. though, domestic flights to and from XMN are pretty expensive, even for short hops such as from Shenzhen and Guangzhou. rarely good promotion rates available, never seen more than 30-40% OFF the regular fare, where as to other destinations in China you can sometimes get 70% OFF when flying from Guangzhou or Shenzhen.

unfortunately, train or bus is not a good option too. no speed train going to Xiamen, and the bus from the Pearl Delta or HKG takes ages as well.

If you can get a good deal from a big carrier, it would probably be money spent well.

Edited by siam2007

Cathay Pacific (with Dragonair) has a promotion if you travel in July/August. Flights are THB 9,100 plus taxes. Not bad for a great airline. I found it on www.moxtravel.com/blog. Search for Xiamen.

I did it one singel trip: Booked at TRAVEL AGENCY in Xiamen: 580 Yuen and Egypt Air to bangkok 5925 THB

I know Egypt air has VERY cheap tickets.

And domestic in China: buy on the spot, even at the airport itsself