Hsbc Start Online International Bank Transfers

Being a Premier customer you do get cheaper transfer charges so that could explain the difference.

Also possibly differnt limits of transfer. I remember last year the maximum I was allowed to transfer was around GBP 8,000 because it was such an odd number.

Then say that the restriction on the transfer amount is to protect you from someone clearing out your account if they get access to your login info.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment by HSBC. If they are that concerned about such happenings they had better drop the limits for me. I would be pretty pisssed off if someone cleaned out £26k from my account if the bank is not going to compensate - I'm not that cash rich :)

Bank b*llsh$t I suspect. What they mean is that it's to protect them! A limit of say a half, halves their risk.

Edited by SantiSuk

• 2 weeks later...

Did the online transfer for the first time yesterday (Hsbc to Kbank).

Just checked my Kbank account online..and the money is already in there!

Looks like there were no charges on the Kbank side either.

When I transfer through UK telephone banking i get asked the question,

"How do I want to pay the charges? This end, that end, split the charges?"

Can somebody please explain exactly what this is, and what option i should choose.

Note: this is seperate to the 20 GBP charge to use the service.

And i did ask the bank what was best deal for me, but of course in there lies a conflict of interest.

I have accepted my UK banks offer to pay bank charges here in Thailand before. They charged me the same price as the UK charge, 20 pounds. The bank charge in Thailand is no where near this, just another Banking scam.

When I transfer through UK telephone banking i get asked the question,

"How do I want to pay the charges? This end, that end, split the charges?"

Can somebody please explain exactly what this is, and what option i should choose.

Note: this is seperate to the 20 GBP charge to use the service.

And i did ask the bank what was best deal for me, but of course in there lies a conflict of interest.

I have accepted my UK banks offer to pay bank charges here in Thailand before. They charged me the same price as the UK charge, 20 pounds. The bank charge in Thailand is no where near this, just another Banking scam.

Yes - let the Thai bank do its own thing. They may or may not charge. Siam bank only took 600 baht from the 1.4 million baht tranfer I talked about above. No doubt HSBC would have taken another £30.