Where's Your Partner From?

Petesear

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is often presumed that as a 'ferang' my wife must be from Isan, but she is not, she was born in Supanburi. So what about you lot? Where does your wife/husband/girfriend/boyfriend come from?  :o

My teeruk is from a small village about 20km from Phon, halfway between Korat and Khon Kaen, in the middle of Isaan... where the most wonderful women in the world come from. :D:D

Hey jai Dee, is your wifes place called Muang Phol (Phon)??? If yes, do we know each other???

Hi Boo,

She actually comes from a small village that is about 20km south east of Phon (78 km south of Khon Kaen on highway 2).

We have been doing a lot of shopping at the Phon local building supplier for our (I should say her family's) new house.

Are you from there too?

Hi Jai Dee, not me but hubby is from Phon, born & bred, compared to other places in that vicinity it has a lot going on (thats not saying much) but good for banking, building supplies & the usual nick nak shops. I lived there for 3 months before coming back to the UK & nearly killed myself through boredom & practically lived in the internet cafe chatting online to freinds to keep me from going totally insane :D Great people though & a real sense of community for such a large town. :o

Great people though & a real sense of community for such a large town.  :o

Agree 101% there Boo. :D

I've never met nicer people on earth. :D

But it is a bit quiet there after dark hey?

I'm surprised you lasted 3 months. :D

Ahh fortunately hubby knew a few places where I wouldn't cause too much scandal to the MIL to be out drinking with the lads :o Silvia Pub alongside the railway track being one of them, otherwise it was small gatherings with lots of whiskey at our house near the roundabout & clocktower with the doors firmly bolted shut :D But yeah, 3 months was really the limit, don't know about guys but us ladies need other females speaking the same language for gossip & freindship & as lovely as his friends wives were it was really hard to converse without a translator (hubby) :D

But yeah, 3 months was really the limit, don't know about guys but us ladies need other females speaking the same language for gossip & freindship & as lovely as his friends wives were it was really hard to converse without a translator (hubby) :D

Same same for me Boo.

I like to visit, but it's good to come home. :o

It is often presumed that as a 'farang' my wife must be from Isan, but she is not, she was born in Supanburi. So what about you lot? Where does your wife/husband/girfriend/boyfriend come from?  :o

Presumed by whom?

My wife comes from Sukothai..where we live

Widen the Q...How/Where did you meet your wife?

Go on, tell true! Not everyone is married to/lives with an ex BG and even if they are/were... so what?! Good wives are good wives, good people are good people...whatever snooty Thais/Farangs might think

Issan, UdonThani province, blessed with morlam; melodic dancing, driving rhythmic music in treelined open fields settings with a breeze constantly blowing over the gentle hills.

Haystacks, cows, wandering folks greeting all and sundry with friendly banter and humour.

(Sorry to go on).

bannork