Thai Internet Booking

linglop

On Monday I checked out the THAI internet site to ascertain the price of a return ticket to London at the end of March. Price quoted and said to be the lowest fare was Baht 42,600.

I checked the price of same flights with a travel agent in Silom Road and the price quoted was Baht 30600 - saving Baht 12,000 per ticket.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to decide where I booked my tickets.

My question is just why is THAI not making the cheaper flight available for those who book on the internet?

If you check the ticket I believe you will find it is not the same unrestricted ticket that you would have received on the Internet. But this is not just a Thai thing as you will always get better fares for international travel from a bucket shop than directly from the airline. Only in the US (and perhaps EU?) have airlines started to offer low price on the Internet in order to increase their profits.

As an example of how low the Internet has been viewed here the full fare airline Thai Airways only allows purchase of 4 tickets by credit card and traveler has to be one of those traveling. The newer low price spin off Nok Air allows up to nine booking (and maybe more) and credit card is not needed for travel. Old ways die hard.

Im assuming your talking about Thai Airways?

I had a similar thing happen to me when i was looking for flights from New Zealand to Bangkok. When i searched on their online booking system i was getting quotes of between 5500 - 6500NZD. That to me is an insane price for economy class.

Went to the travel agent and go a return ticket for 1070NZD.

But sorry i cant answer you question.

Im assuming your talking about Thai Airways?

I had a similar thing happen to me when i was looking for flights from New Zealand to Bangkok. When i searched on their online booking system i was getting quotes of between 5500 - 6500NZD. That to me is an insane price for economy class.

Went to the travel agent and go a return ticket for 1070NZD.

But sorry i cant answer you question.

That'd have to be top NZ dollar for Business Class or a pretty fair first class fare

AKL/BKK

On Monday I checked out the THAI internet site to ascertain the price of a return ticket to London at the end of March. Price quoted and said to be the lowest fare was Baht 42,600.

I checked the price of same flights with a travel agent in Silom Road and the price quoted was Baht 30600 - saving Baht 12,000 per ticket.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to decide where I booked my tickets.

My question is just why is THAI not making the cheaper flight available for those who book on the internet?

the question is where r u booking the ticket from, not the meduim u book it thru.

if it is the website of the airline, it would be expensive as the airline charges you much higher than the travel agents.

goto the thai airlines office and check out the rate of the same ticket there...ud probably get the same rate as on the site for the same route and same restrictions.

if some travel agent has online booking service they would probably sell it for cheaper than other travel agents...

even for domestic airlines, airasia, nok air, etc...their counter rates are same as the website ones......

its not the meduim which counts, what matters is who you buy the ticket from.