Shipping Goods To Thailand

peterzxr

My Thai girlfriend and I are currently in the process of relocating to Thailand from the UK. I was wondering if anyone already out there could recommend a reliable company we could use to ship our personal belongings (and the extra few cases of clothes that she’s bought whilst in London) before we leave. Also any hints and tips regarding problems with customs officials regarding prohibited / restricted items and any fees that may be payable in Bangkok would be a help. Thanks a lot.

My Thai girlfriend and I are currently in the process of relocating to Thailand from the UK. I was wondering if anyone already out there could recommend a reliable company we could use to ship our personal belongings (and the extra few cases of clothes that she’s bought whilst in London) before we leave. Also any hints and tips regarding problems with customs officials regarding prohibited / restricted items and any fees that may be payable in Bangkok would be a help. Thanks a lot.

just key in shipping to search.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...421&hl=shipping

just key in shipping to search.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...421&hl=shipping

Thanks, found some useful info / websites to check out. However, was wondering if anyone has used a company to ship from the UK to Thailand in the past six months or so that they would be willing to recommend. :o

Depends where you are. I used a company from Faversham,Kent to move virtually my whole house belongings door to door from Ramsgate to Surin. They packed everything and unpacked this end. Total cost for the complete service; About 3,000 pounds. I even threww 14 cases of beer and loads of other little things you can't get in Thailand.

The firm was called Hilderbrands tel: 01795 535666

Thanks, found some useful info / websites to check out. However, was wondering if anyone has used a company to ship from the UK to Thailand in the past six months or so that they would be willing to recommend. :o

Depends where you are. I used a company from Faversham,Kent to move virtually my whole house belongings door to door from Ramsgate to Surin. They packed everything and unpacked this end. Total cost for the complete service; About 3,000 pounds. I even threww 14 cases of beer and loads of other little things you can't get in Thailand.

The firm was called Hilderbrands tel: 01795 535666

Hilderbrands used to be associated with Schenkers.They were predominatly "grog" freight forwarders.