Thai Getting A Passport In Phuket

1000baht

Hi,

Looking into getting my gf her passport. I have been asking around and some people tell me there is no passport office here in Phuket, but there is a bus that travels around time to time, does anyone know about this and if so when the bus comes to Phuket.

Thanks.

A couple of years ago I got passports for my two daughters at Central when the passport office visited Phuket. The whole process was extremely efficient, after the initial mad scramble, & only took 30 minutes to process the paperwork. There about 20 officials each with a computer which took a thumbprint & a camera to take the passport photo. The fee for each was around Baht 1,000 & passports were delivered to our home within 7 days. The officials were there for 4 or 5 days.

PG usually announces when they visit although I hear news of the Foreign Affairs Ministry opening an office in Phuket which could mean that the passport service will be available all year round.

Hi,

My wife renewed her passport here in Phuket last month but it was only here in Phuket for 10 days and has moved on. You can find the dates and places online, not sure of the address. Best bet is a trip to Surat Thani.

Sorry you just missed it by a month.. perhaps they will be somewhere close? Have the GF give them a call.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/bull...rticle1377.html

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Passport service for Thais

PHUKET CITY: The Thai Department of Consular Affairs will be in Phuket from May 12-22 to accept applications for ordinary passports from residents of Phuket and surrounding provinces. The service will be available at Phuket Provincial Administrative Organization (PPAO) Community Hall on Narisorn Rd from 8am to 4.30pm, excluding Sunday, May 17.

After the applications have been accepted, applicants can receive their passport through the mail without having to travel to Bangkok.

For more information please call the PPAO Public Relations Office (Tel: 076-240496, 076-216118).

Edited by MisterMan