Retirement and personal income tax ?

Hello,

I'm from Switzerland and I plan to retire in Thailand. I won't apply for a retirement Visa, too crasy ! I would apply for a 3 x 3 months visa that can be renewed outside Thailand at any Thai Embassy !

By leaving my country, I must declare where I'm going, so I have to register at the Swiss Embassy in Bangkok to be allright with the swiss administration.

Now the big question is: What about the personal income Tax ?

Does the Thai Sate require the Tax even if it's a pension that stay abroad ?

Thanks

P.S. sorry for my bad english  :cool:

Given recent changes, you might not be able to do a 3x3.  it might be more like 3x9 with the 9 being the months you have to stay out of country before you can come back.  I'm not sure if this now law or just talk, but changes are going on all the time, so stay tuned.  If you can live with this, fine.

As for taxes, you need to see if Switzerland has a tax treaty with Thailand.  If there is a treaty, then if you do not earn money here, then you do not need to pay taxes here on money you bring in. Always declare what you bring in and keep the records in a safe place.

Never take out more than you bring in or you will not only have to pay taxes on the difference, but may get in trouble for earning money here without a work permit.  

I do not know why you think retirement is such a hassle here.  It may be the easiest visa to get, as long as you qualify on age and income.  I had more of a problem when I was on a dependent type visa and my wife went with me, than I've ever had since I went on the retirement visa. As for taxes if you are retired here and do not earn money here and can prove you have a pension or sufficient savings, the tax treaty rules apply...you only pay taxes in the country where the money was earned.