How Well Did You Know Your Thai Partneer After 1, 2 Or 10 Years?

PeaceBlondie

My first wife I now know I never understood. Never knew who she really was, even after two years together in Thailand and the U.S. She was the personification of smoke and mirrors. A professional con-woman and pathelogical liar. The truth was never distinguishable. I think she had begun to believe her own lies, and probably still does. Worst years of my life.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People change.

It's an issue.

I'm in the camp that thinks people don't change. They just go back to who they really are, after a period of pretending to be someone else. The core identity doesn't change but we hide it better when we want something.

When I hear the line, "He/she has changed", I'm am naturally suspicious. The stranger one confronts after some time, was actually there all along. They just got tired of putting their best foot forward and their true nature finally came out.

That is one reason it is important to ask yourself, how well do you know your partner, as well as how well do you know yourself.

Good post!

You're right.

I'm of the solid opinion that 90% of the population of the World operate on three basic emotions.

Fear

Sex

Greed

How sad.

Also think it's important to continually try and work on not taking each other for granted, no matter what culture or combo we're talking about. In spite of the vagaries of every day life, you have to keep try and keep it fresh. It's a struggle sometimes, but then that's what can make it more fulfilling in the end.

When you think you know all there is to know about someone, I think you're treading down a very slippery path.

People change.

It's an issue.

I'm in the camp that thinks people don't change. They just go back to who they really are, after a period of pretending to be someone else. The core identity doesn't change but we hide it better when we want something.

When I hear the line, "He/she has changed", I'm am naturally suspicious. The stranger one confronts after some time, was actually there all along. They just got tired of putting their best foot forward and their true nature finally came out.

That is one reason it is important to ask yourself, how well do you know your partner, as well as how well do you know yourself.

Good post!

You're right.

I'm of the solid opinion that 90% of the population of the World operate on three basic emotions.

Fear

Sex

Greed

How sad.

Fear is the biggest problem of mankind.

After many years together I know my Thai man better than he knows himself, he finds this a bit disconcerting at times, I quite often supply the answer to a question he hasn;t even voiced and he can't understand how I know what he's thinking all the time.

Technially most men are transparent.

After many years together I know my Thai man better than he knows himself, he finds this a bit disconcerting at times, I quite often supply the answer to a question he hasn;t (hasn't) even voiced and he can't understand how I know what he's thinking all the time.

Technially (technically) most men are transparent.

I could, and often do, make the same observation of my wife. Being observant and understanding is not restricted to just one sex. You were doing reasonably well until got to the last sentence.

After many years together I know my Thai man better than he knows himself, he finds this a bit disconcerting at times, I quite often supply the answer to a question he hasn;t (hasn't) even voiced and he can't understand how I know what he's thinking all the time.

I could, and often do, make the same observation of my wife. Being observant and understanding is not restricted to just one sex. You were doing reasonably well until (you) got to the last sentence.

Couldn't resist the edit vf. :)

Edited by Lopburi99

I could, and often do, make the same observation of my wife. Being observant and understanding is not restricted to just one sex. You were doing reasonably well until (you) got to the last sentence.

Couldn't resist the edit vf. :)

after 5+ years, i realised i didn't know her at all.

An american fellow is now making the same mistake, but it is costing him a whole hel_l of a lot more.

I think I knew more about her then than now. Every day a new supprise :):D:D

Yep my wife is a completely different person than she was 10 years ago. Different personality, different looks and changing every day.

My deep experience in thailand teached me these 2 points, thai ladies are always looking for something in farang:

1- if they get it , they change

2-if they don't get it after long time waiting ,they change to worse.

Thai ladies are never satisfied,just like fire, more you feed it bigger it becomes and more it's asks

Anglo-Thai relationships turn the clock back to times when the women stayed up at home and looked after the house and kids, never knew what you earned and stayed together for life.

It's not like that anymore at least not in the UK

I ended up having 3 bad marriages there.....not to say I blame my ex-wives for everything, I divorced 2 and 1 divorced me.

My Thai wife takes care of me and my needs and I support her and her son financially.

It's a good deal as far as I am concerned.

I'm from the UK with many parallels to this poster, including the 3 bad marriages. I've lived with my Thai girlfriend for nearly two years and, although I am now naturally cautious, I am planning to get married in October.

The only potential fly is money, which is why I'm posting this to get the views of the poster and any others.

ThaiPauly, you say you support your wife and son financially and I'd like to know how. I'm in the same boat with my girlfriend and her daughter. My g/f works and I am retired. I give her half my pension which doubles her income. I pay for all furniture and home improvements.

I buy us meals out twice a week and pay for all the food I cook in the house which we eat together. Yesterday we went supermarket shopping and she picked up several items of a personal nature coming to 260 Baht. She is now sulking because I expected her to pay for them.

Am I being petty here? ThaiPauly, how do you arrange your financial support?

you are just a wallet my dear, if she loves you she will not be mad because you did not pay for it. you are a wallet for her daughter. be sure you will be kicked out onece your duty is over , otherwise you will have to increase your expenditure in the future if you want some piece of mind.

Good luck anyway

NB: if it was not you .it will be someone else, the smarter is who done not pay for love.

I could, and often do, make the same observation of my wife. Being observant and understanding is not restricted to just one sex. You were doing reasonably well until got to the last sentence.

I got same experience with my ex thai G/F, before she talks I stell her what she wants to say , that made her frustrated and mad and after she knows I know even what she is planning and made sure I am against all that . I had one choice , to leave ...! that was the same with my second , thai ladies are so easy to understand because they are all slaves of their dreams, once you know their dreams .

Edited by truthfulfox

I got same experience with my ex thai G/F, before she talks I stell her what she wants to say , that made her frustrated and mad and after she knows I know even what she is planning and made sure I am against all that . I had one choice , to leave ...! that was the same with my second , thai ladies are so easy to understand because they are all slaves of their dreams, once you know their dreams .

I don't think we are talking about the same thing here.