Bangkok-khao Yai-wang Nam Khiao Loop Ride

it was nice to see you in my rearview mirror all day CF

hmm , sounds to me like someones pride took a bruising on that trip :) remember we can never fool our selfs ... but we can try and fool others.

Regards,

The King

P.S Tony, video man , whats the story??? aint a hollywood production y`know

Edited by coolfusion

More slightly off topic question:

1. Which bike was the camera bike?

2. How do you embed video into a Thaivisa post like that? I never could figure out, and stopped trying.

To embed youtube.

(youtube) (youtube code here) (/youtube) - replace the () wrapping the word youtube with these ones []

Picture of Tony's youtube insertion code below.

post-41194-1245644483_thumb.jpg

More slightly off topic question:

1. Which bike was the camera bike?

2. How do you embed video into a Thaivisa post like that? I never could figure out, and stopped trying.

Hiya Sub,

I'm using a Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA8GX. Looks like this and cost about 16000 Baht at Pantip:

4994334254238l.jpg

sanyo-xacti-vpc-e2.jpg

I was attracted to the fact that it's waterproof, compact and seems pretty tough and sturdy. It takes decent video but I'm disappointed in the quality of the 8 megapixel camera performance... Buttons are tiny which makes it hard to access menus and zoom with gloves on...

Happy Trails!

Tony. That looks like a lovely ride. How many times ya done that loop now. The first bit looked almost as if they closed the road (no traffic). The vid is a lot clearer now its mounted off the frame. Allan

Thx Soundman & BigbikeBKK.

Where did you mount the camera so it is stable? And with what? (So it didn't fall off!)

Hiya Sub,

Used a Ram Mount (http://www.ram-mount.com/products/motorcycles.htm) to attach the camera to the frame slider. Pretty cool product Made in the USA- available from Gadget Trend here in Thailand-

all_RAM_mount_parts.jpg

Tried mounting the camera on the handlebars on a previous ride but didn't like the results. Much happier with the frame mount. Still want to get a bracket for mounting a camera on tank as well, but haven't found any in Thailand and may have to have one made or order from abroad.

Happy Trails!

Very nice vid Tony..... best footage iv'e seen to date, very smooth.... bloody hel_l i got scared just watching the speed you boys going round those twisties sat in my arm chair.... Best stick to my honda dream!!

Where was mY old mate Cool Fusion......Didnt see any footage of him?

Again, nice job Tony, cant wait to see your next ride.

^ :) 555!

Actually I think I need to get a rear facing camera because I do get kinda tired of coasting along behind these slow pokes :D:D:D

OUCH! That's GOTTA hurt! LaughingSign.gif

(Yo! I'm kiddin' already- don't get your panties in a twist, aight?!) :D

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• 2 weeks later...
I have been thinking of videoing some of my cycle rides.... and maybe editing them to speed up and slow down in places..... and I was thinking of making a helmet mount.

There's guy named Paul (who for some odd reason call's himself Jim) :) who's posted a bunch of nauseating helmet cam vids. The vids are extremely bouncy and never centered. Maybe he's got a nervous tic or something, but unless you can record a fairly smooth video from your helmet cam I'd recommend going for a bike cam. From personal trial and error I've found the smoothest videos come from frame and tank mounted cameras. I'm new at bike videos and am continuing to experiment with different cameras and setups. Video editing sure is tedious though!

I have been thinking of videoing some of my cycle rides.... and maybe editing them to speed up and slow down in places..... and I was thinking of making a helmet mount.

There's guy named Paul (who for some odd reason call's himself Jim) :) who's posted a bunch of nauseating helmet cam vids. The vids are extremely bouncy and never centered. Maybe he's got a nervous tic or something, but unless you can record a fairly smooth video from your helmet cam I'd recommend going for a bike cam. From personal trial and error I've found the smoothest videos come from frame and tank mounted cameras. I'm new at bike videos and am continuing to experiment with different cameras and setups. Video editing sure is tedious though!

I remember that tool. Didnt he get admitted? If your out there jim/paul/tool...whatever your name is we all miss you.I feel so miserable without you, it’s almost like having you here.

I remember that tool. Didnt he get admitted? If your out there jim/paul/tool...whatever your name is we all miss you.I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.

:D:D:D