Thai Women Are Not... "on The Take"

cognos

Whether my wife wants to save money or not, I refuse to let her take the bus as this form of travel is more dangerous than a flight (One2go being the exception), and I also care enough not to subject her to the 12 hours of a bus ride.  A few extra baht is well worth it in my opinion and really doesn't effect our standard of living one way or another.

I do agree with OP though in that most wives are always looking out to save the family some money whenever possible.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure, not all Thai women are on the take.

Many are, but the idiot farang has to take some responsibility. The ones who allow themselves to be taken to the cleaners make it more difficult for the rest of us.

Just like in the west when they marry they may not be looking at "only" the money or be "on the take" but after being married for a few years that seems to change. How many people in the west do you know that have married for love but then taken to the cleaners before and during the divorce?

Yep. Every single marriage in the history of my family. UK/UK, UK/USA, UK/Thailand . . .

Best just stay single. :)

When someone goes out of their way to ramp up the "Thais are good" meter and bang on about the positive attributes (perhaps) of his nearest and dearest, then I am suspicious. Why ? because most people who are really in that position are just quiet about it.

I go out of my way to "ramp up the Thais are good meter" to counter all the people who go out of their way to put down Thai women and Thais in general on Thai visa. My wife has 6 sisters and 2 brothers..all are married..none to farang except my wife to me..all the Thais in her family are good people...save for one "black sheep" ( they say that..not me )..and I think he's okay, but I know why they call him that..and TORRENOVA .. you may believe my posts or not...I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK..FACT is stranger than FICTION..there are so many good stories of farang and Thai women..but I guess most of those guys ain't on Thai visa..or they don't want to risk getting "slammed" by the "troglodytes" on Thai visa..but I don't care about them.. I care about the farang that may think twice and actually use their BIG HEAD when considering their nearest and dearest. You SHOULD be suspicious..I've only been to LOS 7 times but have seen about TWICE as many loser farang per capita in LOS than in Farang land ..but I will take the high road and give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have no axe to grind

I am with you Cognos :)

Thais are basically good people, male and female. Of course sometimes they are 'predatory', but 'let he without Sin cast the first stone'. Many of the posters on this site are Predators of the worst kind, openly boasting of their 'conquests'.

Edited by AjarnChan

When someone goes out of their way to ramp up the "Thais are good" meter and bang on about the positive attributes (perhaps) of his nearest and dearest, then I am suspicious. Why ? because most people who are really in that position are just quiet about it.

I go out of my way to "ramp up the Thais are good meter" to counter all the people who go out of their way to put down Thai women and Thais in general on Thai visa. My wife has 6 sisters and 2 brothers..all are married..none to farang except my wife to me..all the Thais in her family are good people...save for one "black sheep" ( they say that..not me )..and I think he's okay, but I know why they call him that..and TORRENOVA .. you may believe my posts or not...I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK..FACT is stranger than FICTION..there are so many good stories of farang and Thai women..but I guess most of those guys ain't on Thai visa..or they don't want to risk getting "slammed" by the "troglodytes" on Thai visa..but I don't care about them.. I care about the farang that may think twice and actually use their BIG HEAD when considering their nearest and dearest. You SHOULD be suspicious..I've only been to LOS 7 times but have seen about TWICE as many loser farang per capita in LOS than in Farang land ..but I will take the high road and give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have no axe to grind

Thais are basically good people, male and female. Of course sometimes they are 'predatory', but 'let he without Sin cast the first stone'. Many of the posters on this site are Predators of the worst kind, openly boasting of their 'conquests'.

I've no idea of your experiences in Thailand, how long you've been here etc, but please be careful dude. I was (still am) a nice bloke (good man, have big heart) and I've been all but destroyed by these people.

I understand what you are saying, there are some bad farang in Thailand, I don't think that applies to many of these people on ThaiVisa though.

I've no idea of your experiences in Thailand, how long you've been here etc, but please be careful dude. I was (still am) a nice bloke (good man, have big heart) and I've been all but destroyed by these people.

I understand what you are saying, there are some bad farang in Thailand, I don't think that applies to many of these people on ThaiVisa though.

MJP, I am sure you are a nice guy, and I am really sad to hear that you have been so hurt here. I also have some personal experience of feeling 'all but destroyed', but I could not in all conscience blame the average Thai. Incidentally I have 12 years experience here, not always living here so say about 50/50 overall. I married after a year to somebody I met by accident on my very first visit. Not everything has been straightforward by any means.

So far as some of the other inhabitants of Thai Visa, and other Forums around the globe, I can honestly say that I had never fully appreciated how depraved and contemptible many of my fellow humans are until I started reading the posts.

That is NOT to say that I am including everybody of course, that would be ludicrous. But there are certainly more than enough 'unwholesome' people around to leave me somewhat depressed. I have no idea what the percentage is of course, hopefully it is small. It would perhaps be interesting to scour the posts and try to work it out some day.

Please do not misunderstand me either, I am drawing a very clear distinction between 'ordinary Thai people' [male and female] and the society they live in; which they largely have very little influence over. I would also draw a similar distinction between an 'Evil' Poster, so morally corrupt and depraved that they truly fail to see anybody but themselves and their group as 'Human'.; and those who simply 'shoot off their mouths' and babble nonsense.

Well these are my views, sincerely held. No doubt now, like Cognos and others, I will be slandered and abused for expressing my opinions 'in favour of most Thais', which will surely prove my point :D

Have a nice day 'dude' :D ~ from which you may gather that I am a Brit ?

Edited by AjarnChan

MJP, I am sure you are a nice guy, and I am really sad to hear that you have been so hurt here. I also have some personal experience of feeling 'all but destroyed', but I could not in all conscience blame the average Thai. Incidentally I have 12 years experience here, not always living here so say about 50/50 overall. I married after a year to somebody I met by accident on my very first visit. Not everything has been straightforward by any means.

So far as some of the other inhabitants of Thai Visa, and other Forums around the globe, I can honestly say that I had never fully appreciated how depraved and contemptible many of my fellow humans are until I started reading the posts.

That is NOT to say that I am including everybody of course, that would be ludicrous. But there are certainly more than enough 'unwholesome' people around to leave me somewhat depressed. I have no idea what the percentage is of course, hopefully it is small. It would perhaps be interesting to scour the posts and try to work it out some day.

Please do not misunderstand me either, I am drawing a very clear distinction between 'ordinary Thai people' [male and female] and the society they live in; which they largely have very little influence over. I would also draw a similar distinction between an 'Evil' Poster, so morally corrupt and depraved that they truly fail to see anybody but themselves and their group as 'Human'.; and those who simply 'shoot off their mouths' and babble nonsense.

Well these are my views, sincerely held. No doubt now, like Cognos and others, I will be slandered and abused for expressing my opinions 'in favour of most Thais', which will surely prove my point :)

Have a nice day 'dude' :D ~ from which you may gather that I am a Brit ?

Good post and agree and support entirely.

Let those who identify themselves as depraved predators and are offended by our comments flame both you, Cognos and me.

In defence of the Thai's, mother-in-law came to my rescue. Very decent woman. So did my sisters.

Just want other younger posters to be aware of the many pitfalls out here. They can be life changing in more ways than one.

I'm a Brit too.

Cheers!

"Would she have married me if my income was 5,000 Baht per month?" I think that in 99.99% of relationships the answer will be no.

No wife good or wrong intensions wants to marry of guy with almost no money. They woman's mind is a wonderfull chapter my friend.

Many are, but the idiot farang has to take some responsibility. The ones who allow themselves to be taken to the cleaners make it more difficult for the rest of us.

Just like in the west when they marry they may not be looking at "only" the money or be "on the take" but after being married for a few years that seems to change. How many people in the west do you know that have married for love but then taken to the cleaners before and during the divorce?

Trust me son, it's always the wifes that ruin it, because they are not satisfied, not the men!

I've done 12 hours in a public bus in Nepal on mountain roads. Nothing in Thailand comes close to that experience. CM to BKK by bus is simply boring,

Bah that's nothing.

When I was in Nepal in 1970 there were no mountain roads only footpaths.

You had to walk.

It took 10 days from Kathmandu to Pokhara.

I've done 12 hours in a public bus in Nepal on mountain roads. Nothing in Thailand comes close to that experience. CM to BKK by bus is simply boring,

Bah that's nothing.

You had to walk.

Youngsters these days don't know their born, I bet in 1970 you had shoes, why in 1900 we couldn't even afford feet! :D:):D

Whether my wife wants to save money or not, I refuse to let her take the bus as this form of travel is more dangerous than a flight (One2go being the exception), and I also care enough not to subject her to the 12 hours of a bus ride. A few extra baht is well worth it in my opinion and really doesn't effect our standard of living one way or another.

I do agree with OP though in that most wives are always looking out to save the family some money whenever possible.

..as long as its not ONE 2 go (down) :) I considerered a pre nupital ( they are NOT worth the paper they are written on) with her at first...but decided against it..I later found out she had quite a bit of land in a prime area of Phuket..maybe worth more than my modest savings

I don't give a CRAP what you think..whether you are jealous and can't get a Thai lady thats "not on the take" or whatever reason for your negativity...and texpat..the 'friction' arises when farang with a proclivity for BG's can't understand why some farang get the ones they wish they had..

But i dont want a Thai girl of any variety, if i wanted one id have one .... im hansum you see :)

And as for the saying ive a proclivity for BG's well i dont drink too much so im not around them as much as yourself, as one of your topics openly proclaims.

Now if you read your Topics you will see your stories dont add up and youre a bit of a Barry Bullsh7tter.

Bah that's nothing.

You had to walk.

Youngsters these days don't know their born, I bet in 1970 you had shoes, why in 1900 we couldn't even afford feet! :D:):D

You must be really an old chap.

• 2 weeks later...
Contrary to popular western media common perception, and the perception of many farang in LOS, the VAST MAJORITY of Thai women are absolutely NOT "on the take"..in other words..they are GENERALLY NOT out to : fleece the farang of his money / rip him off / aid in a motorcycle helmet scam / cut off his junk (just kiddin' on that one) / extract as much money as possible from MR Farang. The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life. On the contrary..Mr Farang may have a hard time MATCHING their JAI DEE nature. They want to give as much or more BACK TO YOU as they receive..be that LOVE or material things. THATS why Thai women make some of the best wives in the world. My wife had to go back and forth to BKK several times in the visa process for various things and business as well..probably at least 10 times..with or without me, she always insisted on taking the over night bus instead of the airplane ( airplane one hour, bus 12 hours..and a pit stop at CHUMPOON at 1 am with music blaring.. just as you are finally "asleep" :D ) She has done this at least 8 times on her own the last year. I try to tell her to "take the plane..its not expensive..never mind..tam sabaii..my bpen rai..karunaa!!" but she always says the same thing..." I take bus teraaak..I need you SAVE YOUR MONEY" :) The ironic and sad thing is that I have met a few Thai 20 something female students studying in Vancouver,Canada on student visas ( I work in education) who say they felt the need to lie about their Thai nationality to locals, to avoid the sometimes scorn that they receive as a result of the western media perception, reinforced by many..

many thai ladies (and men )do try to fleece money out of farangs ,just like many farangs play on the fact that the thais are generally pore and use them as sex toys ,but most of the women like women everywhere want someone to take care of them and to love them ,i m taken but the girls always ask me to find them a man ,a good man like me ,there is such a massive shortage of good men in thailand ,farang or thai ,i wouldnt want to be a female in thailand

You have to remember that so many Thai women think that farang have unlimited resources. They honestly do not realise that once a man's life savings are gone, he will be poor. They just think that we have a money tree or something and it is easily replaced.

The amount of Sin sod that so many farang pay is just ridiculous, in some cases more than a village girl could earn in her lifetime. This sort of thing just strengthens the belief that farangs are rich and stupid enough to give away vast sums of money.

Yes, there are some women that are not on the take, but all of you that boast about your good wives ask yourself - "Would she have married me if my income was 5,000 Baht per month?" I think that in 99.99% of relationships the answer will be no.

If you're honest with yourselves you will accept that the primary factor in her deciding to have a relationship with you was money. Full stop. If you were poor, she would not have looked at you twice.

Would my gf be with me if I was poor? I don't try to kid myself. I know that the relationship would never have got off the ground if I had no money.

We have a good relationship now, but it has been difficult at times. Now she does realise that I have to limit my spending to stay within my income. That was the hardest thing for her to understand, that a farang only has access to limited funds.

You can understand it. If a couple start a relationship in the Uk or other farang country and the man makes a gift of a huge amount of money to the woman early in the relationship. Maybe 100,000 pounds, the woman will think "Wow, this guy is reaally rich" After all, nobody but a total idiot would hand over 100,000 pounds after knowing her for a few months unless he had multiple millions - would he?

yes like anywhere women are attracted to money and security ,i never saw so many fat men (farang)till i came to thailand but if the blokes are decent good luck ,good men deserve to be happy and thai women are less likely to worry about someones external appearance ,i would prefer my daughter to be with someone of good character loving' and kind who is perhaps not physically attractive then some self centred self adoring pig who looks" good "who abuses her

Contrary to popular western media common perception, and the perception of many farang in LOS, the VAST MAJORITY of Thai women are absolutely NOT "on the take"..in other words..they are GENERALLY NOT out to : fleece the farang of his money / rip him off / aid in a motorcycle helmet scam / cut off his junk (just kiddin' on that one) / extract as much money as possible from MR Farang. The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life. On the contrary..Mr Farang may have a hard time MATCHING their JAI DEE nature. They want to give as much or more BACK TO YOU as they receive..be that LOVE or material things. THATS why Thai women make some of the best wives in the world. My wife had to go back and forth to BKK several times in the visa process for various things and business as well..probably at least 10 times..with or without me, she always insisted on taking the over night bus instead of the airplane ( airplane one hour, bus 12 hours..and a pit stop at CHUMPOON at 1 am with music blaring.. just as you are finally "asleep" :D ) She has done this at least 8 times on her own the last year. I try to tell her to "take the plane..its not expensive..never mind..tam sabaii..my bpen rai..karunaa!!" but she always says the same thing..." I take bus teraaak..I need you SAVE YOUR MONEY" :) The ironic and sad thing is that I have met a few Thai 20 something female students studying in Vancouver,Canada on student visas ( I work in education) who say they felt the need to lie about their Thai nationality to locals, to avoid the sometimes scorn that they receive as a result of the western media perception, reinforced by many..

So because your Wife/" GF " is afraid of Flying &/or saving your money by taking a Bus that she could possibly get her hands on in other ways IE Car/House/Daylight Robbery, that constitutes you to believe that the majority of them are not on the take ??? :D

You strike me as being very, very naive OP if not on a wind up & you WILL get fleeced the longer you stay here & meet these wonderful Women you mention that YOU have a hard time matching THEIR Jai Deeness... :D

+ a cautious 1.

I take the OP's point about non-whores.

"Women are dangerous things full-stop and should generally be avoided". I was thinking about this recently. Live with your mates. I spent the last 10 years living on horrible regeneration sites with my mate Ian. He's site manager and I'm technical manager. And we're very happy together. :D

Whores are whores. Would you marry a whore from your country of origin? Right . . .

We do not all like men. I myself prefer women :D

So because your Wife/" GF " is afraid of Flying &/or saving your money by taking a Bus that she could possibly get her hands on in other ways IE Car/House/Daylight Robbery, that constitutes you to believe that the majority of them are not on the take ??? :D

You strike me as being very, very naive OP if not on a wind up & you WILL get fleeced the longer you stay here & meet these wonderful Women you mention that YOU have a hard time matching THEIR Jai Deeness... :D

+ a cautious 1.

I take the OP's point about non-whores.

"Women are dangerous things full-stop and should generally be avoided". I was thinking about this recently. Live with your mates. I spent the last 10 years living on horrible regeneration sites with my mate Ian. He's site manager and I'm technical manager. And we're very happy together. :D

Whores are whores. Would you marry a whore from your country of origin? Right . . .

We do not all like men. I myself prefer women :D

Because you haven't got any bad experience yet :D ?

Well, good for you.

These defensive type posts are almost as pathetic as the ones that generalise about how evil Thai women are. What exactly is your point? Why do you feel the need to defend the integrity of your wife? Why is it a personal issue for you? Do you feel personally affronted by something negative you've read? Poor little you? How about a reality slap. A farang that's really got his shit together, financially and professionally in Thailand, is not going to enter into a partnership with a Thai women that can't contribute anything financially to the that partnership. Regardless of whether a it's a bargirl or good girl, if she's got sweet F.A., to her name financially, why would any farang, with an ounce of financial intelligence, or discipline, marry her. The fact is he wouldn't. Now run off and tell someone else how personally affronted you feel about the generalisations you've been reading about Thai women/your wife. Better still, go down to the 7/11 and get yourself a box of tissues to dry your eyes.

I'm sorry to say, but the way " Thai people" are teached is how they become. I find a Thai raised in a "Western country" much more respectfull and understandable, without all that silly "Thai family traditions " . But that's MY opinion, and I can't change a countries behaviour, so I just have to except it, and keep it with myself, at least not talk about it in public, this forum is a good place to blow of some steam.

ah ha!! save ur money tee rak because it is mine anyway when you die..may have something to do with it

You have to remember that so many Thai women think that farang have unlimited resources. They honestly do not realise that once a man's life savings are gone, he will be poor. They just think that we have a money tree or something and it is easily replaced.

The amount of Sin sod that so many farang pay is just ridiculous, in some cases more than a village girl could earn in her lifetime. This sort of thing just strengthens the belief that farangs are rich and stupid enough to give away vast sums of money.

Yes, there are some women that are not on the take, but all of you that boast about your good wives ask yourself - "Would she have married me if my income was 5,000 Baht per month?" I think that in 99.99% of relationships the answer will be no.

If you're honest with yourselves you will accept that the primary factor in her deciding to have a relationship with you was money. Full stop. If you were poor, she would not have looked at you twice.

Would my gf be with me if I was poor? I don't try to kid myself. I know that the relationship would never have got off the ground if I had no money.

We have a good relationship now, but it has been difficult at times. Now she does realise that I have to limit my spending to stay within my income. That was the hardest thing for her to understand, that a farang only has access to limited funds.

You can understand it. If a couple start a relationship in the Uk or other farang country and the man makes a gift of a huge amount of money to the woman early in the relationship. Maybe 100,000 pounds, the woman will think "Wow, this guy is reaally rich" After all, nobody but a total idiot would hand over 100,000 pounds after knowing her for a few months unless he had multiple millions - would he?

I agree totaly!! I am in the 17 th year with my "wife";she is the most loyal and hardworking person I have ever met! She works from early morning to late in the evening (agricultur,mind you),never ask for money and so on.Before you take me to task for "letting her work" like that,let me tell you,that I tried everything to stop her;for her sake and,actually,for mine.I did not come to Thailand because I needed somebody working all the time...Anyway,I know for a fact (she is honest about it) that she would never have given a rats ass for me,had she not got the impression,that I have money and could benefit her.I see nothing wrong with that. In my turn,had she not been beautiful and charming,I would not have given her a second look.so..It works out great! By the way,the reason for coming here in the first place was that a "not on the take" farang wife in Sweden tried to rob me of everything,including my children!Let me add: MANY Thai women in our village,all ages,has asked us to help them find a farang husband;never mind age or personality and also regardless,that some of them are married already...It takes all kinds...

As a Troll,very successful.

Every time you write some bull****,lots of poster feel the need to answer.

It tells a lot about the intelligence level of the forum! :D

As a Troll,very successful.

Every time you write some bull****,lots of poster feel the need to answer.

It tells a lot about the intelligence level of the forum! :D

YOU too answered;what does that tell us about you.....?

As ever, there will always be varying views on topics like this and often I am quick to comment on too many women only wanting to take advantage, yet I see the other side too in friends who only want to give help and for no reward other than to know they have helped.

Recently when I took a friend to a 'meeting of a prospective g/f parents' as an interpreter, she refused all offers of payment of any kind telling me, 'You are a friend. I want nothing for helping.'

In the 'love / relationship' stakes, I will admit to not previously finding a woman who does not want to take all she can, yet even that view is changing, albeit slowly.

Yes, there are honest women out there who count the pennies / cents / satong and who would rather settle for a bus ride than a flight to their destination. Many of us find it difficult to find such women and therefore tend to belittle people who say they have found one. Yet that is more down to the greedy ones showing the bold face to get in with a 'Farang' and rip them off while they can.

Good on those who have a straight, honest and reliable partner. Good luck to the rest of us who are looking.

Regarding Thai women - as opposed to busses and planes - I am curious why so many men have these stories about getting married and then being fleeced? All over Europe and to a lesser extent America too people just don't get married like they used to. I am living with a pleasant Thai woman who takes care of me, provides great sex, and has not raised the issue of marriage - and I haven't either. She doesn't work and I provide for us both - but no one else. If marriage or economics suddenly become an issue our relationship will go through a serious reevaluation. That's the way it is back "home" and so why is it different here? Do we think with our big "head" at home but only our little one in Thailand? And, if she gets pregnant, how does that change things? What are my obligations for support? If my unmarried Thai girlfriend is pregnant does that automaticly mean I am obligated to pay support ot mothers and aunts? I don't think so! What are the laws regarding abortion? As a monogamous couple we don't use "protection" but she is 40 and I am 62 and we don't want a pregnancy. Comments? Guidance?