Day Hotel (no Overnight) Sought Near Swampy

Hi All

I'm looking for a hotel super-close to swampy where I can stop for 8 hours or so before a flight...the flight is at 1am and I have to drop the partner off at the airport at 4pm for her flight. I don't really want to spend 8 hours in the airport itself so was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hotel that will allow me to book a room for a few hours (5 or 6 maybe) to rest up, shower, and perhaps watch a movie/eat

(I put this post up as a few years ago I remember stopping at a hotel in KL airport for a few hours, wondering if swampy had the same)

Any recommendations happily taken.....at worse I could book ovenight I suppose and leave early......

Cheers

Edited by madforit

Hi All

I'm looking for a hotel super-close to swampy where I can stop for 8 hours or so before a flight...the flight is at 1am and I have to drop the partner off at the airport at 4pm for her flight. I don't really want to spend 8 hours in the airport itself so was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hotel that will allow me to book a room for a few hours (5 or 6 maybe) to rest up, shower, and perhaps watch a movie/eat

(I put this post up as a few years ago I remember stopping at a hotel in KL airport for a few hours, wondering if swampy had the same)

Any recommendations happily taken.....at worse I could book ovenight I suppose and leave early......

Cheers

Sorry should have added that I am aware the novotel is connected to airport by some sort of underground walkway apparently (according to their website), however they quoted me a rate of 4500 baht for a 5-hour stay!!!! Amazing Thailand indeed!

Thanks again

Edited by madforit

Here is another place close to Swampy: http://bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

I've stayed there a few times and it is good for a day rest or over night. 350-600 baht for A/C rooms, 200 baht for fan rooms.

Meter taxi to hotel and back to airport around 200-250 baht per trip or the hotel can pick you up for a little more.

Thanks for the replies guys...I knew there would be something around at a more reasonable price...I know novotel is an international hotel but 4500 Baht for a 5-hour stop - really!!!!!!!.

I will check them both out and stop in one no doubt.

See you next time

:)

I know novotel is an international hotel but 4500 Baht for a 5-hour stop - really!!!!!!!.

Absolutely and to put their rate into perspective, I have just booked the Novotel at Hong Kong Airport for 3500 Baht for an overnight stay.

Check out Silver Gold Garden Hotel's "5 hours FRESH UP rate" @ B500:

http://www.latestays.com/silver-gold-garden/

For general info about the hotel:

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/silvergold/

They provide free transfers between airport and hotel, as well. I've stayed there several times (overnight, not the day room) and quite like the place.