Torrent Downloads

samran

hi all,

Was just in Vietnam on a business trip and noticed that I could download a 7GB series in about 30 hours, which to me is phenomenal, given that the best I've managed in Thailand is about 365meg in 24 hours - if I'm lucky.

Can anyone tell me who offers a similar level of service in Thaialnd? I'm guessing, it doesn't really exist....

Edited by samran

hi all,

Was just in Vietnam on a business trip and noticed that I could download a 7GB series in about 30 hours, which to me is phenomenal, given that the best I've managed in Thailand is about 365meg in 24 hours - if I'm luck.

Can anyone tell me who offers a similar level of service in Thaialnd? I'm guessing, it doesn't really exist....

1 week: 40 gb with tot 2 mbps at bang phli, mixed rapidshare and torrents! cost a month 590 baht

hi all,

Was just in Vietnam on a business trip and noticed that I could download a 7GB series in about 30 hours, which to me is phenomenal, given that the best I've managed in Thailand is about 365meg in 24 hours - if I'm luck.

1 week: 40 gb with tot 2 mbps at bang phli, mixed rapidshare and torrents! cost a month 590 baht

hmmm, forget to tell used firefox 3.5 rc1/2 with dta as dm.

hi all,

hmmm, forget to tell used firefox 3.5 rc1/2 with dta as dm.

in english, please? :)

I am hereby publicly admitting that I am way too lazy to come up with the right conversion factor myself, but why should I bother if Google can do it for me :)

Dear Google, please convert 7GB per 30 hours to KB per second

Answer:

(7 GB) per (30 hours) = 67.9632593 KB per second

I have had torrents max out my line at 3Mbps which yields about 300KB/s. So yes, it's easily possible. But - it depends on the torernt. If you need a good speed, just get a CAT 4Mbit line with 1Mbit upload, then limit your upload to 80KB/s. Then even on bad seed/leech ratio torrents you should see a download of at least 80KB/s. Tit for tat.

hi all,

Was just in Vietnam on a business trip and noticed that I could download a 7GB series in about 30 hours, which to me is phenomenal, given that the best I've managed in Thailand is about 365meg in 24 hours - if I'm lucky.

I'm downloading on average at about 1 GB/hour. Although those are straight html or ftp downloads from fast servers (rapidshare etc), so no slowdowns due to seed/leech ratio's...

This is on a Maxnet 3Mbps/1Mbps Premier package at 2090 Baht+VAT

The 2.4 GB big Windows 7 installation file came down in exactly 2 hours and 17 minutes :)

(7 GB) per (30 hours) = 67.9632593 KB per second

I'd be deeply upset with speeds like this and I'm only on True ADSL 2mb (admittedly they give me 3mb down for some unfathomable reason). Samran - the BT protocol is not nearly as dependent on your ISP as, say, HTTP. Much depends on other factors. See this thread for just one of many discussions on the subject.