Pattaya Early August

Tigerman1

actually, you might be joking but i'm very serious when it comes to weather prediction and yes, i can see into the future and have been doing so for almost 200+ years. with that being said, it will be hot, there will be sun and there will be rain. the important fact to remember is, even when it is raining, it's still warm enough to drink beer.

The weather is great in August, however; that should be your least worry, be on the alert for speeding tuk tuk/taxis, pick-pockets, ladyboys street gangs. Now think again to you really wan to hang out in Pattaya. Chaing Mai might be a bettr choice. :)

The weather is great in August, however; that should be your least worry, be on the alert for speeding tuk tuk/taxis, pick-pockets, ladyboys street gangs. Now think again to you really wan to hang out in Pattaya. Chaing Mai might be a bettr choice. :)

Not sure where you were hanging out in Pattaya, but the picture you paint here is a bit distorted :D

Not sure where you were hanging out in Pattaya, but the picture you paint here is a bit distorted :D

RARO: RIGHT ON !

Geez; I have been living and working in Pattaya for almost 18 years and I have yet to be Pick-Pocketed; Hit by a Tuk-Tuk (shows you what this Big-Snake knows: we have no Tuk-Tuks in Pattaya !); assaulted by neither Lady-Boys nor Street Gangs. Perhaps "Big-Snake" should change his handle to "Big-Mouth" ?

Anyway; August in Pattaya is blissful; the weather is great; when it rains, it normally does so eiher late afternoon, or middle of the night and most importantly, since it is in he bottom of the Low-Season, Hotels are very competative (read: cheap)

By the way, Raro; noticed your little Bob Geldof quote, but I wonder if it shouldn't start with "The politically correct" ?

Cheers mate,

JGK/Pattaya

The weather is great in August, however; that should be your least worry, be on the alert for speeding tuk tuk/taxis, pick-pockets, ladyboys street gangs. Now think again to you really wan to hang out in Pattaya. Chaing Mai might be a bettr choice. :D

If you got hit by a TukTuk in Pattaya you must be darned unfortunate as they are a very rare species here!!?? :) This is not Bangkok! :D

By the way, Raro; noticed your little Bob Geldof quote, but I wonder if it shouldn't start with "The politically correct" ?

Cheers mate,

JGK/Pattaya

ouch...thanks for that! I am sure I paste/copied it from somewhere as I am too lazy to retype this..but what you find on the internet.... :)

haha, burn. you just showed everyone that you've never actually been to Pattaya. FACE LOSS!

The weather in Pattaya is notoriously difficult to predict. To the OP I say that the first two weeks of August will be hot, sunny and humid, with the possibility of some heavy rain on any day for a few hours. It might well be hot and sunny and humid with blue skies for 2 weeks straight. The worst case scenario would be two or three days of persistent heavy rain and overcast skies.

I recall in 2003/2004 that there was hardly any rain at all for 18 months and there were drought problems. This year there was quite a lot of rain in March/April which was unusual. And last year (2008 Nov-Feb) were certainly the coolest nighttime temperatures that I have ever encountered in Pattaya.

Have had my hotel bedroom safe (locked) robbed by the maid and camera stolen from my motorbike in the last 6 months in Pattaya. Won't stop me going back though - the place is wicked.

RARO: RIGHT ON !

Geez; I have been living and working in Pattaya for almost 18 years and I have yet to be Pick-Pocketed; Hit by a Tuk-Tuk (shows you what this Big-Snake knows: we have no Tuk-Tuks in Pattaya !); assaulted by neither Lady-Boys nor Street Gangs. Perhaps "Big-Snake" should change his handle to "Big-Mouth" ?

Anyway; August in Pattaya is blissful; the weather is great; when it rains, it normally does so eiher late afternoon, or middle of the night and most importantly, since it is in he bottom of the Low-Season, Hotels are very competative (read: cheap)

Cheers mate,

JGK/Pattaya

The weather is OK. Nights are on the warm side, but comfortable unless you walk and walk. But that is what Baht buses or scooters are for. Might catch an afternoon shower now and then. but it is good for the air and gives you a nicer view of the islands offshore. Sometimes in the not rainy season, the haze and mist obscure those a bit.

In nine trips adding up to almost one year in country, had only one pick pocket grope attempt late at night walking against traffic on second road. darn girl stopped her bike , ran back to me and did the grope thing. Guess she thought it was late so I must be drunk. Nope, just wandering around. Had the few important things secured pretty well in my hip pack.

I did get hit by a motor scooter in the butt up past soi bukhao on some side street. Darn guy and gal hit me pretty good. It was a solid hit but just moved me forward. They lost control and hit the fence. Then he started saying "jep". Yeah, I said, I will show you Jep.

, be on the alert for speeding tuk tuk/taxis, pick-pockets, ladyboys street gangs. Now think again to you really wan to hang out in Pattaya. Chaing Mai might be a bettr choice. :)

Hahahahahahah! Tuk tuks in Pattaya ! Now that is funny ! You would make some good money in this profession ' Big Snake The Clown'.