Proof Of Contact

I am aware that in future that I will need to provide proof of relationship with my Thai GF in order to make a Visa.

We chat up to 5 hours a night on MSN using Video chat, I have logging switched on but what is the best way to prove you are in a video chat??

Any third party software that you recommend?

Also is it worth me asking her to email me daily with some idle chat?

In this day and age this seems totally ludicrous.

I can speak to her via a camera and microphone for ZERO cost anytime I like using MSN.

Yet, the Embassy expect phone conversations, emails and chat conversations.

I do phone her occasionally but that is just to tell her that I am going online. She only ever phones me to give me a one ringer and I will phone her back. Is simply TOO expensive for her to phone me.

Perhaps the embassy need to think about this.

Phones and emails are so 1990's :)

Any thoughts on this or a way around this? I don't really want to incur a £3 daily charge to speak to her for 300 minutes when I can talk AND see her for free.

If you chat via webcam the chat is still kept if you do not use a microphone and speaker.

Just type in a few words to each other now and again, and then chat using a microphone, or just type.

You cannot expect the Embassy to be given a CD or DVD with your video chats on, they only want paperwork which in this day and age is a bit backward. But to them paper is what they want to see.

Also if the Visa is for you, then you just keep a copy of the chats

i have saved conversation's and then transfer onto disc, i have done so and given to to embassy , also when my wife has sent me emails i have put onto disc and printed then off too. i tend to text her during the day and have transferred orange bills onto disc because i just get a bill at end of the month.

when handing them into world bridge services they said they where fine. application as been in for over 10 week's now and they haven't been in touch to say they are not excepting them.

so hopefully this is good enough. hope this helps you.