Living In Thailand

davet58

I spend 30k per week

I live contently on 80K per mo. in BKK but I need to watch my spending to do that. Much discipline is required or it is quite easy to exceed. I dont recommend anyone attempting to live on less than 60K. That would be a very peasantly existence. People who do that have really lowered themselves to a migrant who get mired into an abyss and can never ever recover. They have 3rd worldized themselves in a mass transformation from their upbringing. It is a pitiful way to go for a once proud farang. A person doing this would likely be a penniless, homeless beggar living in a cardboard box on the street

which is it? 30/week or 80/month???? either way, your math skills are only surpassed by your stupid comments.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend 30k per week

I live contently on 80K per mo. in BKK but I need to watch my spending to do that. Much discipline is required or it is quite easy to exceed. I dont recommend anyone attempting to live on less than 60K. That would be a very peasantly existence. People who do that have really lowered themselves to a migrant who get mired into an abyss and can never ever recover. They have 3rd worldized themselves in a mass transformation from their upbringing. It is a pitiful way to go for a once proud farang. A person doing this would likely be a penniless, homeless beggar living in a cardboard box on the street

which is it? 30/week or 80/month???? either way, your math skills are only surpassed by your stupid comments.

Ooops,

Well spotted, John. :o

A person doing this would likely be a penniless, homeless beggar living in a cardboard box on the street

Bloody Looxury! Bloody looxury!

We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Edited by jayenram

A person doing this would likely be a penniless, homeless beggar living in a cardboard box on the street

Bloody Looxury! Bloody looxury!

We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

you should think it yourself. :o

I spend 30k per week

Ooops,

Well spotted, John. :o

Not all that difficult... simpletons are easy to spot... :D

The price of a 275ml bottle of Heineken in Pattaya is around ฿75 in most bars, which works out about 2 pound/pint. there's not a big difference between drinking out in Thailand and drinking out in the UK. In clubs you can expect to be paying more than 3 pound/pint. Of course you can always drink beers such as Chang for cheaper, but then you would have lowered your standards.

If you drink Guinness or cider it's going to work out a lot more expensive in Thailand.

Good point.

I think that drinking is a waste of money here or in the UK, especially drinking out.

I used to get well pissed before I went out in the Uk, even when I could aford it. No point throwing money away.

I used to prefer Chang to p1ss water like Heineken.

The price of a 275ml bottle of Heineken in Pattaya is around ฿75 in most bars, which works out about 2 pound/pint. there's not a big difference between drinking out in Thailand and drinking out in the UK. In clubs you can expect to be paying more than 3 pound/pint. Of course you can always drink beers such as Chang for cheaper, but then you would have lowered your standards.

If you drink Guinness or cider it's going to work out a lot more expensive in Thailand.

Good point.

I think that drinking is a waste of money here or in the UK, especially drinking out.

I used to get well pissed before I went out in the Uk, even when I could aford it. No point throwing money away.

Well, I enjoy a drink now and then, so don't really consider it a waste of money.

Chang will get you more p1ssed than Heineken, but when I want to get drunk I switch to vodka. Heineken's good for times when I'm just being sociable and don't want to get hammered.

Good point.

Well, I enjoy a drink now and then, so don't really consider it a waste of money.

Chang will get you more p1ssed than Heineken, but when I want to get drunk I switch to vodka. Heineken's good for times when I'm just being sociable and don't want to get hammered.

"When I Drink Alone, I Like To Be By Myself"

George Thorogood

Well, in my cardboard box, I save the wrappers from candy that people in the streets throw to me out of pity. Then I soak them in water and let them ferment for a few weeks... get several hundred of those going, and you can get a pretty good buzz on after awhile.

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...