Non Imm O Visa.

sawasdee george, im jerry, age 57 with a u.k passport. im in thailand on a one year non immigrant 'o" visa multiple entry. this was first utilised when i entered the kingdom on 8th october 08. i am returning to u.k. on 15th july, which is when my current 90 days runs out, probably for about a month.

upon my return, if i once again i depart early october and return on 6th or 7th october am i guaranteed a further 90 days on arrival. making it a 15 month visa. has anyone ever been rejected on this.?

also, when the visa finally expires can i get a new one locally and if so where is advisable.

if i got a new one from hull while i was home, would they let my present visa run its course before utilising the new one?

i have read various other peoples question and answers on this in your forum, but cant quite answer my own question.

many thanks in advance for any advice and info,

chock dee krup,

jerry.

1. Yes you can use any time before the 8th for a new 90 day stay.

2. You will probably not be able to obtain such a visa in the area if not married to a Thai - most would provide single entry and expect you to extend for retirement.

3. You can obtain a new visa from Hull and use that - once the visa is issued it is valid for one year from that date, used or not, so trying to use an old visa would not gain you anything.

Para one should be before expiration date of visa rather than 8th - thought that was the visa date rather than first entry.

Edited by lopburi3

Your current Visa will expire 12 months after it was issued. (Not when you first used it)

Enter Thailand before it expires and you will get 90 days.

If you got a new one from Hull it would start on the day it was issued and your old one would be void.

As long as you enter before the enter before date on your visa you will get another 90 days. That date is one year from the date your visa was issued not the date you first entered the country. It is not a problem to do this.

You will find it difficult to get a new visa at any nearby consulate without showing money in a Thai bank account. The nearest consulate that would issue the visa without proof of funds is Perth Australia.

It would probaly be best to get a new one while you are in UK. They will cancel your old visa when they issue the new one.

Have you considered getting a one year extension of stay at immigration. You would not have to make border runs every 90 days if you did that. It is easy to get if you can meet the financial requirements of 65K baht a month income, 800K in the bank or a combination of the 2 totaling 800K.