Swine Flu

Can it be kept that way ?

I noticed on a recent trip back from Bangkok all travellers were screened for temperature at the airport- Which is very good - BUT are they doing the same at the Ferry Terminals ? otherwise one can travel to Samui with Swine Flu by car or bus but not by plane . So what's the point ?

I noticed on a recent trip back from Bangkok all travellers were screened for temperature at the airport- Which is very good - BUT are they doing the same at the Ferry Terminals ? otherwise one can travel to Samui with Swine Flu by car or bus but not by plane . So what's the point ?

On a 45 min flight Screening travelers for temperatures is a pointless exercise anyway

or on any flight come to that

:)

I have an unsubstantiated report of a guest at a Lamai resort having been diagnosed with swine flu and all the employees were compelled to go for a check at a hospital. My source says that the entire thing is very hush, hush and she got this from her friend who was an employee. The resort was not closed and I get the impression that anyone leaking the name of the resort would be looking for another job.

I am skeptical of this, but some of the details I am not able to post or PM lead me to believe that this could be possible.

However, I am also led to believe that what could have been a normal flu or similar ailment could have been misunderstood to be swine flu.

For my own part, I am equally very concerned about swine flu in the same way that I am very concerned about being hit by a meteor at the same instant I am struck by lightning. Frightening thought -- keeps me awake at night.

Swine flu nightmare for student

Patsy Moyandagencies

Monday, June 15, 2009

A holiday in the popular Thai beach resort of Koh Samui has turned into a nightmare for a teenage girl from South Island School.

She and three students from St Paul's Convent School were confirmed over the weekend to have contracted human swine flu (H1N1), taking the Hong Kong toll to 92 so far.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail....;d_str=20090615

I can confirm that foot passengers using Seatran have to pass through temperature checking machines at Donsak before being allowed on board the ferry.

Not sure about the vehicle drivers though.

I also don't know if Raja have started checks.

Temperature screening is not effective in preventing the spreading of the flu as people who have a fever and have the H1N1 would already have been infecting other people on their way. Unless you would then check all the people they have been sharing space with (like it can be done for flying) it won't be effective.

The fever screening is absolutely futile, now that we know the fatality rate for H1N1 is even lower than that of the normal flu.

Better find out what really happened to the tourists that died on PhiPhi, Phuket etc..

Footpax beeing screened in Don Sak? Are you sure about that? Must be very new, and I can't really imagine that.

The fever screening is absolutely futile, now that we know the fatality rate for H1N1 is even lower than that of the normal flu.

Better find out what really happened to the tourists that died on PhiPhi, Phuket etc..

Footpax beeing screened in Don Sak? Are you sure about that? Must be very new, and I can't really imagine that.

100% sure, I had to walk through one of the two scanners.

Oh, you mean these big frames where they check the tickets? Thought that was some kind of magnetic ticket scanner or whatever. :) Is that how a thermal scanner looks like? It sure didn't look like someone was checking when we all rushed through last time . :D

Oh, you mean these big frames where they check the tickets? Thought that was some kind of magnetic ticket scanner or whatever. :) Is that how a thermal scanner looks like? It sure didn't look like someone was checking when we all rushed through last time . :D

Next time you go through the scanners, turn around and you will see a digital temperature display with a figure of around 35 or 36 degrees.

Edited by yorkie100