Uk Visitor Visa

TG has called to say that tomorrow she will have some good(or bad) news for me and that she has to get up early.

Was in a meeting so couldn't elaborate but I guess that the only thing this can be is her UK Visitor decision.

She applied on the 8th so only been 18 days.

Her proposed journey to the UK was July 28th - August 11th and was very specific due to Uni mid semester break.

What is the procedure for picking up? Do they tell you over the phone? Do you think this is it?

Presumably she has been told, either by text or by checking the VAC website, that her passport is ready for collection.

For privacy reasons, applications are returned to the VAC in sealed envelopes, so no one at the VAC knows the result and she wont know until she has it in her hand.

Unless she made prior arrangements when she submitted the application, she will have to go to the VAC to collect it.

Fingers crossed for you.

I am also suprised though pleased for you, hope the result is positive, my friend still waiting after a tad over four weeks, 31 days to be exact.

Her travel date is mid August though she still has to get a Schengen Visa as she plans to visit Greece, and of course purchase her flight tickets etc.

It looks like they are processing by date of travel, so much for planning in advance.

Anyway good luck at the "envelope opening".

I am also suprised though pleased for you, hope the result is positive, my friend still waiting after a tad over four weeks, 31 days to be exact.

Her travel date is mid August though she still has to get a Schengen Visa as she plans to visit Greece, and of course purchase her flight tickets etc.

It looks like they are processing by date of travel, so much for planning in advance.

That does seem a bit long, as I said in the other thread, my gf applied on line on the 8th June, in person on 15th and was told it was ready on 24th, (9 days) luckily successful - we wanted to travel together on 4th July.

Good luck to you both

That does seem a bit long, as I said in the other thread, my gf applied on line on the 8th June, in person on 15th and was told it was ready on 24th, (9 days) luckily successful - we wanted to travel together on 4th July.

Good luck to you both

My wife submitted her visa application on 2nd June and is still awaiting the Embassy's decision 3½ weeks later despite being assured that this would be given within 3 weeks. I emailed the Embassy yesterday asking them how soon we can expect their decision, but the they have not yet even afforded me the courtesy of an acknowldegement, let alone a meaningful reply. Since we are due to travel to the UK on 24th July and need to book flights, I plan to give the Embassy 1 more week for their decision. If my wife still hasn't heard anything 1 way or the other by then, I shall proceed on the basis of a solo visit to the UK (in which case I would be sorely tempted to tell the Embassy in no uncertain terms where they could stick my wife's visa application).

Strange turn of events...

I asked her this morning what the good or bad news was and she said "oh nothing", I then pressed about the Visa decision and she said, "no", laughed and said "I have to go at 3pm", I said "serious" and she said "No, I am kidding". My TGF is intelligent but likes to kid and play games hence the uncertainty.

The funny thing is though when I go to track online it cannot find her application. Strange.

I cannot get in touch with her so am not sure what the hel_l is going on?!?

What would the text say? Does it give you a specific time to pickup or for example 'any time after 3pm', or similar?

Perhaps she has an interview? I literally have no idea.

Strange turn of events...

I asked her this morning what the good or bad news was and she said "oh nothing", I then pressed about the Visa decision and she said, "no", laughed and said "I have to go at 3pm", I said "serious" and she said "No, I am kidding". My TGF is intelligent but likes to kid and play games hence the uncertainty.

The funny thing is though when I go to track online it cannot find her application. Strange.

I cannot get in touch with her so am not sure what the hel_l is going on?!?

What would the text say? Does it give you a specific time to pickup or for example 'any time after 3pm', or similar?

Perhaps she has an interview? I literally have no idea.

The text states Passports to be collected between 3 and 4.30pm (I assume, after the application queues have died down) My gf got there at 2pm yesterday and they let her collect her passport straight away! HTH

Heard from her via text but no mention of the application.

Can't get the online tracking to validate the ref number and DOB.

Anyone else getting this?

On line tracking working normally about 15mins ago.

No problem,apart from not understanding the message (see post VFS tracking message)

Thanks, am delighted.

She was playing games with me. Said she knew yesterday as VFS phoned to tell her "she had got it". Find this strange but no reason to disbelieve her.

I MSN'd her and after 10 minutes of telling me she never has it she finally came clean. Man that girl has a weird sense of humour.

Got the flights booked, BKK > DUBAI > GLASGOW, £680 all in which is actually ok for a BKK to UK return flight.

She is over for 16 days so looking forward to it.

THANKS AGAIN FOLKS!!!!

Congratulations on the success all that now remains is to enjoy your time together, have a good trip.

My friend contacted VFS as she was concerned that she has been waiting a couple of days short of five weeks, last time it took two or three days, she was told that the applications are being processed by the intended date of travel. I suppose it's fair enough that they are at least trying to ensure that people are able to fufill their travel plans, but there is little incentive to apply early and if you do it's probably better to suggest an earlier travel date. Of course my friend still has to make her travel arrangements, including applying for her Schengen Visa which remains far quicker and cheaper, and purchase her flight tickets, which of course get more expensive as the proposed trip gets nearer.