Which Uk Visa Should We Apply For?

I am wanting to go back to England next year on holiday for just 2 weeks with my wife and niece ( who has been living with us for 4 years now as her mother died).

Before going ahead and paying for tickets I thought I'd look into the visa situation but as it's a minefield I'm looking for advice here from others as to the best way to go about sorting this out. Here are some important details:

Purpose of visit- holiday and to visit family

I have a British Passport. I have been working here on immig B visa and have a work permit since we came 5 years ago.

My wife and niece both have Thai passports

My niece is 17 and still at school.

My wife and I have been married for 6 years now.

We married in the UK and she lived there with me for one year before we came to Thailand. She doesn't have FLR.

The question is what type of visas should we apply for? (and what's the process and costs)

I've heard of the spouse visa and the visitor visa but would like to hear from other posters your stories and advice so to draw on your experience of what I'm sure is a common area. I can't be the first person to be in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

If you are going just for a holiday, then they apply for tourist visas.

If you are going to visit family then they apply for family visit visas.

These are both types of visit visas.

A spouse visa is for the spouse of a British resident who is applying to come and live indefinitely in the UK.

thanks guys for the advice

but what is the type of visa type they should apply for?

visitor? is that right?

am i right in thinking the best choice for my wife is the family visitor visa

but for the niece, as she is visiting her uncle's family and this is not included on the list of family relations eligible so she would need the tourist visa? or could she be seen as family as to the interpretation of rules by the officer?