Immigration at soi suan plu

Lots of negative comments on Thai immigration, including mine in previous threads. This morning I visited immigration for my yearly extension on Soi Suan Plu, was to my surprise treated with the most immaginable respect from every one and was in and out withing 30 min tops. The lady, one of those sitting in the back who signed the documents even replied "you're welcome" to my humble thank you, and I did not WAI at her or anything. I remember 10 years back in some room on the same floor as I recall, my dossier was almost thrown in my face apart from the poor service of course. Yes, they still have a long way to go by installing computers and stuff and puttting up more signs and other things instead of pointing or directing you to the next desk to which you have to submit your papers. At the ministry of labour things have also improved considerably even though I did have to wait 2 hours to submit my dossier, but hey this is Thailand, a third world country... I noticed absolutely nothing of a "clampdown" or "crackdwown" of any kind. Anyways, it might just have been my lucky day...

Dr. Pat Pong,

What do you think of this "fairly balanced" post of mine?

:o

Finally a positive comment. Soi Suan Plu is not my favorite place for entertainment but ok, sometimes I get a smile. The lady in the back? Guess I am at another section, the one I saw for 2 consecutive years always picks her nose.

Take it positively. Isn't it impressive how they (most of the time) find your file? Bundled with strings and ropes. Give them a small mistake so they can complain about something and you are through. If you did not do it, use next year the same picture as this year. You will be asked to make new ones (not older than 6 months I think is the rule) You have been shown being wrong, the PIC is the boss, everybody has a good laugh and out you go.