Gulf Of Thailand Bridge

baht&sold

Another bridge topic:

The propsed elevated bridge project seems to be on, despite some controversy of course. As one whom would use the system, my only complaint would be, why run it from Cha-am and end it at Samut Sakhon? Still leaves anyone bound for/from Pattaya to Hua Hin having to fight thru Bangkok expressway traffic.

As it is, it will only save maybe 30 kms or so (but would be less congested one hopes). A better route could be from coastal Phetchburi straight thru to route 3 on Chonburi side? Would be roughly the same distance, thus bypassing Bangkok. Grist for the mill at this point tho...

http://nationmultimedia.com/2005/01/27/bus...s_16210349.html

As one whom would use the system, my only complaint would be, why run it from Cha-am and end it at Samut Sakhon? Still leaves anyone bound for/from Pattaya to Hua Hin having to fight thru Bangkok expressway traffic.

I think the main idea for the bridge wasn't to make life easier for the residents of Pattaya and Hua Hin but to cut time off the journey to the south.

This idea seems to get aired every 18 months or so a little like the skytrain was back in the old days.