Getting Cruise Control Installed In A Car

Artey

Hey all,

I wanted to get cruise control installed in my second hand Toyota, this is a simple thing to do as i've had it done before in Australia, its just like having an alarm installed, comes in a kit.

However all the places ive gone to, doesn't seem to even know that its possible to have it installed, let alone even sell the units.

Anyone had this done?

Cheers

Of all the accessories, options or features which are available for cars cruise control would have to be right up there with sunroofs and convertibles as being amongst the most inappropriate for Thai driving conditions.

With the trafic and road changes, not more than 5 minutes, but no, I still can't think of anyplace along that road where it could definately be used with safety.

Australia, America, no problem :)

Edited by Ajarn

i have cruise control in my car and the only times I use it is to keep it on 110 KPH as I am approaching the theiving bastard police at the Bang-Na Trad toll-way. I tried using it on the way to Pattaya a couple of times but driving conditions and muppets on the road just dont allow for it. if I did not have it in my next car I would not miss it. save your money.

Edited by onnut

... snip ... I wanted to get cruise control installed in my second hand Toyota ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup Khun Artey,

I join in the chorus here singing that "cruise control" is not the way to go here. imho a dvd-player you can watch while driving is really the way to go here. It should be placed so when you watch it at least half of your field of vision does not include what's visible through the car windshield.

After you've mastered driving while watching movies, then you can move up to simultaneously using one hand to talk on your cell phone with one hand on the steering wheel (of course still watching the movie), and, finally, the ultmate : drive with both hands off the steering wheel while both cell-phoning and watching the movie.

Understanding that driving here is a major cultural form of euthanasia, birth control, homicide, and suicide, will help you adjust so you can keep that all important "jai yen" while having "sanuuk maak" on the slaughterways (... sorry ... I mean "highways").

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

It probably depends on the make and model of car. You might try Amnuay Motor Air on the superhighway, which seems to be pretty good with auto electronics.

If I were doing it, I'd try to find the original equipment that came as an option on the car and have it retrofitted, rather than an aftermarket contraption. Beyond the throttle control and brake sensor, there are the hand controls which are often integrated into the turn signal stalk or steering wheel, and you probably don't want to have some aftermarket gizmo dangling off your wheel. I think the internet is your friend on this one.

... snip ... I wanted to get cruise control installed in my second hand Toyota ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup Khun Artey,

I join in the chorus here singing that "cruise control" is not the way to go here. imho a dvd-player you can watch while driving is really the way to go here. It should be placed so when you watch it at least half of your field of vision does not include what's visible through the car windshield.

After you've mastered driving while watching movies, then you can move up to simultaneously using one hand to talk on your cell phone with one hand on the steering wheel (of course still watching the movie), and, finally, the ultmate : drive with both hands off the steering wheel while both cell-phoning and watching the movie.

Understanding that driving here is a major cultural form of euthanasia, birth control, homicide, and suicide, will help you adjust so you can keep that all important "jai yen" while having "sanuuk maak" on the slaughterways (... sorry ... I mean "highways").

best, ~o:37;

If only it wasn't almost true......... :)