Getting Tax With No Green Book. How?

thaicbr

Does any one know if you can get Tax for a bike that has no green book (has invoice papers).

I can get insurance no problem. I have seen unregistered bikes with the tax disc. I just need to know how to get the tax (its not for me, its for a friend). Thanks all Allan

Ok just in case i didn't make it clear. its the road tax disc that i need to find out about getting.

The one with the date on it eg 2553 that you put on the vehicle.

I have seen bikes with no plate but they have the disc. Any one know how?

It's still illegal in TH to drive without registration and/or plates, you would need temporary red plates to be legal. As far as having "a tax disc" which is related to the registration book you don't have, that will just require a bit of photoshopping.

No you cant (legally) anhile many insurance companies will take your money, I really dont know how many are going to pay out..

Friend of mine bought a Bike with invoice and insured it ...unluckily had an accident (where he luckily got away with little scratches) and insurance paid out ,no problems. That was about 7 month ago and insurer was rvp (rvp.co.th) .

Still having to add that it is illegal to drive around on an unregistered bike...how the insurance worked this issue out is another story.

mbox

• 2 weeks later...
No you cant (legally) anhile many insurance companies will take your money, I really dont know how many are going to pay out..

Friend of mine bought a Bike with invoice and insured it ...unluckily had an accident (where he luckily got away with little scratches) and insurance paid out ,no problems. That was about 7 month ago and insurer was rvp (rvp.co.th) .

Still having to add that it is illegal to drive around on an unregistered bike...how the insurance worked this issue out is another story.

mbox

I had a bike with tax and insurance but no green book in my name ( Cant change it as need a signature but the owner is dead and for some reason unwilling to come back and sign the officiall transfer papers - but this reason does not seem to register with the officials when I have tried to register the bike in my name)

Anyway basically I just took the bike down to one of the small offices/ agents that charge a small fee to renew the tax and insurance and they did everything - even though the tax was out of date for 6 months it all came back with upto date tax and insurance no problem all for a fee of about 180 THB

what about getting a shop to sell you a red plate. My nsr was on a red plate when i got it, s/h, and the dealer got it taxed and number plate and a book. someone should be able to do it for you.

A red plate is a temporary solution at best, is not available in Bangkok (I think the OP still lives in Bangkok), and Red Plates come with many restrictions... Not a long term or permanent solution at all.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• 3 weeks later...
Anyway basically I just took the bike down to one of the small offices/ agents that charge a small fee to renew the tax and insurance and they did everything - even though the tax was out of date for 6 months it all came back with upto date tax and insurance no problem all for a fee of about 180 THB

Which did you go to? I'd love to find a list of these in Bangkok. I'd rather not have to go to Mo Chit...

mbox

I had a bike with tax and insurance but no green book in my name ( Cant change it as need a signature but the owner is dead and for some reason unwilling to come back and sign the officiall transfer papers - but this reason does not seem to register with the officials when I have tried to register the bike in my name)

Exactly, get a thai to do it,......there is a lot of mis information on here, this is the way to do it, i too had an accident with an unregistered but taxed/insured bike and they paid out,.

I think he means the 'purchase red plate' solution.. For bookless bikes..

Been offered that by a dealer for 10k.. Red plated and taxed..

Obviously it is what it is..

you are being ripped off, the plate is 1000 baht tops ( well in pattaya anyway ) tax is 150 bt from memory,.

what about getting a shop to sell you a red plate. My nsr was on a red plate when i got it, s/h, and the dealer got it taxed and number plate and a book. someone should be able to do it for you.

A red plate is a temporary solution at best, is not available in Bangkok (I think the OP still lives in Bangkok), and Red Plates come with many restrictions... Not a long term or permanent solution at all.

Forgive me if im wrong, but ,i think you will find there is no such thing as a red plate for anything but a vehicle awaiting a white one ( ie a registered vehicle ),i think the op is talikng a bike with no book and a bike over 200 cc, ? ...DONT listen the thais that tell you for 10k they can get you a red plate and a tax disc/insurance for any bike over 200cc,,,this happened to a buddy of mine here, ,he went elsewhere and got it for 1400 for the lot,.the plate by the way will be worthless and just for show,. it is no shape or form a "legal one " after saying that ive travelled all over thailand on one and NEVER been asked for the book, and that includes being stopped numerous times for all sorts of non and commited traffic offences ,. :)

I think he means the 'purchase red plate' solution.. For bookless bikes..

Been offered that by a dealer for 10k.. Red plated and taxed..

Obviously it is what it is..

you are being ripped off, the plate is 1000 baht tops ( well in pattaya anyway ) tax is 150 bt from memory,.

Your talking about red plates for unbooked bikes yeah ?? Not the dealer putting the plate on a legal purchased new bike ??

1000 baht for a real legit one belonging to a garage ?? I know people who will buy them right now.

Or a copy one thats just stamped up in a backstreet ??

Everything with bent books is cheaper in Patts.. One of the recent clamp downs and bike confiscations was blamed on bent chonburi officials.

Forgive me if im wrong, but ,i think you will find there is no such thing as a red plate for anything but a vehicle awaiting a white one ( ie a registered vehicle ),i think the op is talikng a bike with no book and a bike over 200 cc, ? ...DONT listen the thais that tell you for 10k they can get you a red plate and a tax disc/insurance for any bike over 200cc,,,this happened to a buddy of mine here, ,he went elsewhere and got it for 1400 for the lot,.the plate by the way will be worthless and just for show,. it is no shape or form a "legal one " after saying that ive travelled all over thailand on one and NEVER been asked for the book, and that includes being stopped numerous times for all sorts of non and commited traffic offences ,. :)

Of course its not legal..

But we have road blocks every day every few kms on Phuket.. If you have no plate you lose the bike there and then.. If you have a red plate and tax and insurance stickers, you ride on through, I am sure there is a way to check it out, but they cant or wont do that at the side of the road.

Yes you can still lose the bike in a real check, but fr guys stuck with plateless bikes it buys them a fighting chance.

Forgive me if im wrong, but ,i think you will find there is no such thing as a red plate for anything but a vehicle awaiting a white one ( ie a registered vehicle ),i think the op is talikng a bike with no book and a bike over 200 cc, ? ...DONT listen the thais that tell you for 10k they can get you a red plate and a tax disc/insurance for any bike over 200cc,,,this happened to a buddy of mine here, ,he went elsewhere and got it for 1400 for the lot,.the plate by the way will be worthless and just for show,. it is no shape or form a "legal one " after saying that ive travelled all over thailand on one and NEVER been asked for the book, and that includes being stopped numerous times for all sorts of non and commited traffic offences ,. :D

Of course its not legal..

But we have road blocks every day every few kms on Phuket.. If you have no plate you lose the bike there and then.. If you have a red plate and tax and insurance stickers, you ride on through, I am sure there is a way to check it out, but they cant or wont do that at the side of the road.

Yes you can still lose the bike in a real check, but fr guys stuck with plateless bikes it buys them a fighting chance.

They can run the VIN in DMVs computer any time, but first they have to find the bikes VIN (not the insurance/taxsticker) and then an online computer. Make more money on ticketing someone else not wearing helmet :)

But isnt the point being that a red plated bike is not yet in the DMV computer (which is hopelessly administered I might add, the DMV couldnt work out who previous owners were and actually 'lost' my book for 3 weeks)..

If its on a red plate the fact is its waiting to go into the system.. Hence bad dealers offer red plates as 'cover'..

But isnt the point being that a red plated bike is not yet in the DMV computer (which is hopelessly administered I might add, the DMV couldnt work out who previous owners were and actually 'lost' my book for 3 weeks)..

If its on a red plate the fact is its waiting to go into the system.. Hence bad dealers offer red plates as 'cover'..

Rather soon after the sale dealer is supposed to apply for registration with VIN. Within 90 days after issuing redplate and insurance it must be completed. So the cover could work legally for lets say 70 days.

Rather soon after the sale dealer is supposed to apply for registration with VIN. Within 90 days after issuing redplate and insurance it must be completed. So the cover could work legally for lets say 70 days.

But again.. The cops dont know that..

All they see is red plated bike = under application.. Let them go through.

I of course am not claiming legality.. But I am saying this is what some guys are using as a way to ride around worthless unbooked bikes.

But again.. The cops dont know that..

All they see is red plated bike = under application.. Let them go through.

I of course am not claiming legality.. But I am saying this is what some guys are using as a way to ride around worthless unbooked bikes.

Cops know very well, but there is no commision involved in comparing redplate with insurance docs date older than 90 days. 300 baht helmet ticket is 100 in brownshirts pocket, legally.

Presently only Revenue and Customs are interested, and they work razzia only for now.