A couple of variations of a theme.

These include toilet, shower, sink in one room, and a storage area in the other room (for the BBQ, CD player and all the Pool toys!!), which could easily be converted to a maids/guests quarters if needed. Both approx 10m x 6m.

post-62606-1246321698_thumb.jpgpost-62606-1246321764_thumb.jpg

Just a very basic structure over the pond.

Boy you have a nice house.

You mentioned in another thread that you raise fish in this pond. Is this a commercial venture or just a hobby?

I'm just a hobbyist. I like watching the different kinds of fish fighting over the food pellets I cast upon the water. That and watching our golden retriever swim in their midst. Sunsets are also nice on the waters edge, as the sky is reflected on the surface.

A sister and aunt do try their hand at catching and eating them sometimes but my little pets are not easy or willing target. The water is too deep to make it child's play, and I kind of like it that way.

Thanks for the compliment on the house. My wife designed most of it and we quite enjoy living in it.

Pardon my ignorance, but just what is a "sala"? Is it basically a Thai "gazebo," i.e. a free-standing covered structure open on the sides?

I guess wikipedia calls it an open pavilion, but yes you have the general idea with a gazebo. That structure in my pond would be a very basic, sala type structure but they can take many different forms from plain to very ornate and religious.

A couple of variations of a theme.

These include toilet, shower, sink in one room, and a storage area in the other room (for the BBQ, CD player and all the Pool toys!!), which could easily be converted to a maids/guests quarters if needed. Both approx 10m x 6m.

post-62606-1246321698_thumb.jpgpost-62606-1246321764_thumb.jpg

Ummm . . . those are grand houses? Not salas?

Very nice!

This serves the purpose. My wife scrounged most of the material and the total cost was about 2,000 baht.

post-17093-1246762159_thumb.jpg

Around here the villagers would call that a Hang or perhaps a Gratop.

My wife calls it her hut. She has one on each mini farm. This one is the deluxe duplex unit. The other one is a single level. :)