Cable/satellite Sports Channels?

Wondering if there is another package or company that can provide me more sports coverage. I currently have hbo gold but this doesnt show everything (compared to programmes aired in bars etc) any one know how i can get access ?

Thnx

Wondering if there is another package or company that can provide me more sports coverage. I currently have hbo gold but this doesnt show everything (compared to programmes aired in bars etc) any one know how i can get access ?

Thnx

You need to get UBC, the Shop, if coming from Lamai, is on the Tesco's side of the Road, before you reach Tesco but after the first Chaweng Beach Road turning, close to Laem Din if i remember rightly..

You can get all different Packs, the top one which i have has True Sports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Extra 1, Extra 2, along with ESPN & STAR SPORTS & now we also have ASN ( American Sports Network ), 2,xxx per Month.. :)

I think for what you want, UBC is not the answer. Most bars use a seperate satellite dish & I think most sports events are from South African provider.

There are several bar & restaurant owners on here, that might be able to shed a bit more light.

If you have TTT Premier package internet you might try Livestation at www.livestation.com they offer many tv channels online or just search for online tv channel websites with google and you will find many for free... If your pc have S-video output you can connect it to your TV and its nearly the same as webcam quality, worth to try... Also I had a pc in europe connected with a TV tuner card to the internet and I was able to see all of the local channels trough the internet but now I'm too busy to look tv at all but its possible and quite good idea if you missing your home channels...

I think for what you want, UBC is not the answer.

:)

He wants Sports Channels Roo ( only got Cable i guess at the mo ) & after what i listed above, you don't think it's the answer ?? :D

Ok my apologies, but I assumed he wanted to watch things like rugby,cricket things you can't get on UBC or cable. :D

Thnx

He wants Sports Channels Roo ( only got Cable i guess at the mo ) & after what i listed above, you don't think it's the answer ?? :D

Ok :D he has HBO gold lmao.

Ok my apologies, but I assumed he wanted to watch things like rugby,cricket things you can't get on UBC or cable. :D

Assumption is the Mother of all............... :D

my bad : UBC gold package :) typo

Upgrade to Platinum which will give you all the Channels i listed in the first place..

What specific Channel/Sport are you looking for ??

UBC Gold gives ESPN, Star Sports and Truesports 1-5, what the OP is after is all the South African channels that the bars subscribe to. I've heard you can pay up to 59000 Baht per annum for these but I'm pretty sure (hearsay) our local publicans have other sources where they get hold of the required smart cards for far less. What we need is for them to 'fess up!

You need the super sports channels that come from africa which is what you will be watching in the bars, their sports coverage is far superior to UBC who are a waste of money unless you only like football.

Don't know how you get it, I would like it myself. Think you need a big dish.

You need the super sports channels that come from africa which is what you will be watching in the bars, their sports coverage is far superior to UBC who are a waste of money unless you only like football.

Don't know how you get it, I would like it myself. Think you need a big dish.

Yes you need a big dish and a internet connection, the install is about 30,000 - 35,000 baht and then it's 3,000 baht very year, the only guy i know on the island is the most unrealiable pr*ck in the world and has recently kept some of my friends waiting 3 weeks when he originally said he wasn't busy and could do it in 2 days time,unbelievable :) .

Edited by alfieconn

FWIW - Samui Cable sometimes adds a channel whenever there is a big enough sporting event such as Wimbledon. Sometimes you need to scan the channels again to pick it up. I did that last summer during the Olympics and found two new sport channels.

Just had this quoted to me in Kunming. All they askl for installation is access to place a dish facing South west. Now BKK from kunming is South west, so wonder why t5his is not available in BKK

1.FETV

2.mnet Action

3.Africa Magic

4.Arirang TV

5.BBC Entertainments

6.BBC Lifestyle

7.BBC world

9.Bloomberg

10.cinemax

11.celestial movies

12.Cannal+Horizon

13.CH O (O-Xpress)

14.Cartoon Network

15.CNN

16.CTS

17.DD Bharti

18.DD India

19.DD News

20.DD Sports

21.Discovery

22.DM Digital World

23.Disney Channel

24.ESPN

25.Fashion TV

26.Go Channel

27.HBO

28.Hallmark Movie

29.hillywood movies

30.History Channel

31.India TV

32.kaidy

33.Learn

34.MMI

35.MM2

36.Mnet Starts

37.Mnet West

38.Mnet East

39.MTV

40.National Geographic Channel

41.Noor TV

42.Rhema TV

43.rainbow movies

44.RTV

45! .MNet Serie

46.Sky News

47.Super sport 1

48.Super Sport 2(Cricket)

49.Super Sport 3(Fifa World Cup)

50.Super Sport 3Ni(Soccer Live)

51.Super Sport 5(golf and more )

52.Super Sport 6

53.Super Sport 7 (SS7 is the home of England Premier Soccer League and Italy Soccer League)

54.Travel

55.TV5 Monde Africa

56.UTV

57.Zone Reality

58.View Asia

59.YTN

60.Zoom

61.Al Zajeera

62.CNBC

63.AXN

64.hallmarkchannel

65.KBSworld

66.PGA tour

68.solar sports

Requirements:

1).South West Direction

2).your home have ADSL or Broadband

The Total Cost :RBM 2000,00 (including all Equipments and one year subscription charge)

expected you enjoy the satellite TV program !

best regards

hillary

For some reason I thought the OP wanted to watch The Ashes so I came back to this thread to let him know that they are showing it on Samui Cable. But now that I read the thread again I don't see any mention of The Ashes. Anyway, it's on there now on channel S2 Live.

This is what many of the bars have:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafricaintel10.html

You will require a C Band dish with digital satellite receiver and Irdeto 2 CAM or, for the second option below, a receiver with a built in softcam, such as Dreambox. Your options once you have this equipment are

(a) An official card for Multichoice Africa c band (not South Africa on KU band).

(b ) An internet connection and access to a card sharing server via the internet (which emulates a card), probably one run by a dealer who will charge you a fee. This is illegal but probably will not attract any enforcement action in Thailand.

Edited by citizen33

(b ) An internet connection and access to a card sharing server via the internet (which emulates a card), probably one run by a dealer who will charge you a fee. This is illegal but probably will not attract any enforcement action in Thailand.

According to Thai law this is not illegal, since this does not concern a Thai sat provider.

According to Thai law this is not illegal, since this does not concern a Thai sat provider.

Agree it may be arguable but the moderators just closed a thread on Dreambox software (oddly in the banking section), saying the opposite is the case.

Agree it may be arguable but the moderators just closed a thread on Dreambox software (oddly in the banking section), saying the opposite is the case.

First of all I won't argue with a moderator's decision as I'm not interested in another ban.

But in this case a non-Thai product is discussed, which does not in any way violate Thai law - I guess TV will respect the laws on this issue and grant the freedom of speech as long as the discussion stays within the boundaries of Thai law.